Originally Posted by ILuvaMyTrucka
I have the BakFlip FiberMax. Why did you have such a problem installing yours?
I didn't find the instructions that bad and would have installed mine in a half hour until I found a nut that wasn't threaded all the way through. Redone the thread on it and was done install in 45min.
I also emailed the top dog directly (Julian Maimin, his email is on there contact us page) about the issue with my bolt and he emailed me back right away and said they would send out new hardware if i wanted (didn't need it) and he would also go done to the floor and check out why the nuts were having this issue (told him another member had same problem).
Mine looks great and couldn't be happier with the service I got from BakFlip.
I wont bore you with all the details as I've mentioned them several times before, and in fact if I wasn't too lazy to look I would post the link!
I drive the Ram1500 with Rambox and the 6'4 box, and I ordered the F1 model.
1) I got two sets of installation instructions, one for a 2010 Ram the other for the G2 model. Nothing for my current truck.
2) Supplied with wrong hardware
3) Parts were made by blind kindergarden kids
4) Parts were either cut too long or too short (depends on which item we are talking about).
5) Drain caps don't fit, and are cut incorrectly
6) I had to do up my own installation instructions and post them here as Bak had no idea about the problems themselves.
7) Called and emailed Bak for months now, and no reply. Well not quite true. I did speak to one fellow who called me minutes after I sent a complaining email when I registered my product. Promised to look into my situation and get back to me. After several calls and emails to him, still no reply.
8) Broken clip that holds my support rod up.
For the most part I have fixed my issues, but did ask if Bak could send me a few replacement parts so I could fix the other problems myself.
It's like talking to a teenager. You know that they are there, but they just don't give a crap.
For the price that you pay for this product, you expect it to work and when it doesn't you expect customer service to step up.
As far as I'm concerned this is a new product issue, but at the very least a warranty issue.......and they are standing behind their warranty??
To some on here I know this sounds like a broken record, but he asked! LOL.....
In the end I've always stated that the cover itself is a very good cover, and if they just talked to me I would rate them much higher.