DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - General Discussion > Dodge Ram General Discussion

Notices

Dodge Ram General Discussion General Chat about the Ram. Please look for other categories to post specific questions in.

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
United Radio
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 10-28-2014, 07:32 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Junior Member

Vehicle: 2014 Ram
Trim Level: Outdoorsman
Color: White
Rep:10
ssv1761982 is on a distinguished road
Default Bank of America sucks

Bank of America = thieves. Sold my Silverado to buy the Ram and sent a bank check to pay off my loan. The check was made out to me and BAC since I owned about half of the Chevy. 21 days since the check was cashed and cleared and they still will not send MY money to me. This is the 3rd time they have said it will be sent on xx day.
Sponsored links
Old 10-28-2014, 07:37 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2012 1500
Engine: 2009-2012 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:3248
PaulMys has disabled reputation

Yup! Wife & I left BOA years ago. They sure do suck.

Wife says BOA stands for "Bunch Of Assh*les"!!
Old 10-28-2014, 08:01 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Junior Member

Vehicle: 2014
Trim Level: Laramie
Color: Granite Crystal/Silver
Engine: 2013-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 395hp 410lb/ft
Rep:10
Tango is on a distinguished road

We had problems years ago with BOA. Won't even step inside the building. Tom
Old 10-28-2014, 08:46 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2009 Dodge Ram 1500 2X4
Trim Level: quad cab SLT
Color: sunburst orange pearl
Rep:2615
GTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond repute

Way back while i was in the USN, (when ships still had sails)
I had been saving all of the money i could & it was sent to BoA by US Postal Money Order & i had the receipts.
When our Aircraft Carrier docked at Yokosuka Japan in 1966, i went to the Navy Exchange & wanted to purchase a 7" reel to reel tape recorder/player from Akai, here in the USA they were sold under the name of ROBERTS at twice the price
( 8 tracks started being built well after this time )

Anyway, when i went to pay for it, i was told that i had no money in my BoA acct.

We next went to Hong Kong & i wanted to buy a 1966 BSA Lightning motorcycle, again i was told that i had no money in my BoA acct.
Now i was really upset & i went to the main BoA location in Hong Kong, i discussed everything with a bank manager & he looked & said that i had no money in my acct.
He even called my San Diego Branch of BoA & i talked to the Bank Manager, he confirmed that i had no money in my acct.
When i again reached Stateside, i went directly to my BoA & at first i was polite as i was shuffled between a couple Tellers & then the Assistant Manager, by that time i may have raised my voice a bit, i was told that i only had enough money in my acct. to keep the acct. open
I handed him the Postal Money order receipts, he already had my Bank Book with my notations
He confirmed that their records showed the deposits & everything jived, BUT that i had withdrawn the money at some point.
Well it turned out that i must have been Superman & flown from somewhere between Hawaii & Olongapo Zambales in the Philippine Islands to the BoA & withdrawn my money at the bank, according to their records.
I went back to my ship & got the Legal Office involved
The BoA finally found the mistake & asked what they could do to make up for it.
I told them about the Akai M7 reel to reel & the BSA Lightning & they said that they could not get them for me & that i could get them on the next cruise overseas. The only thing was that i was going to be discharged before my ship went overseas again.
I told them that i wanted every last dime of my money & that i would let everyone know what a POS bank they were.

As you might be able to tell, i am still pissed at them 48 years later
Ram 1500 SLT Quad cab, 5.7 HEMI(R) MDS VCT, 5 speed auto 545RFE, 3.55 differential gears, 18" Magnaflow muffler, EGR bug deflector, Bushwacker fender flares, customized Nfab nerf bars, CB radio, Autonet wi-fi router, custom soft tonneau cover, Line_X bedliner, DEBO Step, build date 10/15/08 a Wednesday built vehicle
Old 10-28-2014, 09:32 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2014 Ram 2500 Laramie
Trim Level: Laramie
Color: Granite Crystal
Engine: 2013-20?? 409ci (6.7L) Cummins Turbo Diesel 370hp 800lb/ft (6-Speed Automatic)
Rep:72
RayK will become famous soon enough

When BOA brought in outside consulting firms to replace the IT employees and told the employees they would only get severance if they stayed 6 months and trained their replacements, I dropped them.
Old 10-28-2014, 09:40 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2012 1500
Engine: 2009-2012 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:3248
PaulMys has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTyankee View Post
Way back while i was in the USN, (when ships still had sails)
I had been saving all of the money i could & it was sent to BoA by US Postal Money Order & i had the receipts.
When our Aircraft Carrier docked at Yokosuka Japan in 1966, i went to the Navy Exchange & wanted to purchase a 7" reel to reel tape recorder/player from Akai, here in the USA they were sold under the name of ROBERTS at twice the price
( 8 tracks started being built well after this time )

Anyway, when i went to pay for it, i was told that i had no money in my BoA acct.

We next went to Hong Kong & i wanted to buy a 1966 BSA Lightning motorcycle, again i was told that i had no money in my BoA acct.
Now i was really upset & i went to the main BoA location in Hong Kong, i discussed everything with a bank manager & he looked & said that i had no money in my acct.
He even called my San Diego Branch of BoA & i talked to the Bank Manager, he confirmed that i had no money in my acct.
When i again reached Stateside, i went directly to my BoA & at first i was polite as i was shuffled between a couple Tellers & then the Assistant Manager, by that time i may have raised my voice a bit, i was told that i only had enough money in my acct. to keep the acct. open
I handed him the Postal Money order receipts, he already had my Bank Book with my notations
He confirmed that their records showed the deposits & everything jived, BUT that i had withdrawn the money at some point.
Well it turned out that i must have been Superman & flown from somewhere between Hawaii & Olongapo Zambales in the Philippine Islands to the BoA & withdrawn my money at the bank, according to their records.
I went back to my ship & got the Legal Office involved
The BoA finally found the mistake & asked what they could do to make up for it.
I told them about the Akai M7 reel to reel & the BSA Lightning & they said that they could not get them for me & that i could get them on the next cruise overseas. The only thing was that i was going to be discharged before my ship went overseas again.
I told them that i wanted every last dime of my money & that i would let everyone know what a POS bank they were.

As you might be able to tell, i am still pissed at them 48 years later
So you were stationed on "Old Ironsides" Tom??

But really, I had no idea how far back this reached. Just told the wife your story, and she said "I can absolutely believe it!"
Old 10-29-2014, 12:34 AM
Join the Dark Ram Side!

Vehicle: 2013 Ram 1500 Quad Cab 4x4
Trim Level: Sport
Color: Black
Rep:1534
DarthRam has a brilliant futureDarthRam has a brilliant futureDarthRam has a brilliant futureDarthRam has a brilliant futureDarthRam has a brilliant futureDarthRam has a brilliant futureDarthRam has a brilliant futureDarthRam has a brilliant futureDarthRam has a brilliant futureDarthRam has a brilliant futureDarthRam has a brilliant future

I feel the same way about Wells Fargo. Our payroll checks were drawn on their bank for years. I had a checking account with Wells Fargo. I would deposit my check on Friday and by Wednesday of the next week the check still hadn't cleared. Problem is I didn't know that for months.

I would write checks and 1 out of 6 or so would bounce. At first I thought I was just piss poor at accounting. At the time I was living from paycheck to paycheck...barely. I finally went to the bank after the amount of my deposit alone would cover the single check that bounced. I asked why the check bounced on a Tuesday if I deposited a check on Friday. The counter lady was very condescending when she explained bank policy was to wait four business days for any payroll check to clear. I asked if that was their policy even if the check was drawn on THEIR BANK? She said yes.

So, the next week I walked in and asked if I could cash the payroll check. They said of course since it was drawn on their bank. I then took the cash and deposited it in my account. The teller was very confused and asked why I just didn't deposit the check? I asked her if cash was available for immediate withdrawal? She said yes. I then said if I deposit my check you don't credit my account for four business days. That is bullshit I said. She got all snooty and said have a nice day.

Our company finally switched to a local bank, which so happened to be owned by one of the company's owner's father.
Magnaflow 14" Custom Install Bilstein 5100s Front Only Set at 2.8" Vararam Air Grabber Cravenspeed Stubby Antenna Dee Zee Tailgate Assist Billet Technology "The Punisher" Shift Knob Debadged doors and tailgate Plasti Dipped HEMI Badge The Punisher Grille and Tailgate Badges Exterior Chrome Delete 20" XD Series 795 Hoss LT305/55R20 Nitto Trail Grappler M/T Cabin Air Filter BAKFlip Roll-X Tonneau Cover
Old 10-29-2014, 04:14 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2009 Dodge Ram 1500 2X4
Trim Level: quad cab SLT
Color: sunburst orange pearl
Rep:2615
GTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond repute

Another thing that BoA & Wells Fargo does that not many ppl know about

If you have Direct Deposit & the bank opens for the day, Your Pay Check comes in on the same day that your automatic payment of Rent is due. they first check the withdrawals that came in like your rent bill, etc.
Then they see that you don't have enough money in the acct to cover the rent, car payment, etc. So they penalize your acct.
Then they process the Deposits & now you have all the money needed to pay everything with some money left over
BUT you still have to pay the penalty for not having enough money to cover the automatic withdrawals
This also affects your Credit Standing
Ram 1500 SLT Quad cab, 5.7 HEMI(R) MDS VCT, 5 speed auto 545RFE, 3.55 differential gears, 18" Magnaflow muffler, EGR bug deflector, Bushwacker fender flares, customized Nfab nerf bars, CB radio, Autonet wi-fi router, custom soft tonneau cover, Line_X bedliner, DEBO Step, build date 10/15/08 a Wednesday built vehicle
Old 10-29-2014, 10:21 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2013 RAM 1500
Trim Level: Tradesman
Color: White and black
Rep:46
preachp is on a distinguished road

Hi All,
+1 to BOA sucks! I deposited my paycheck at 11:58pm on a Thursday and they did NOT post it until the following Monday. Lots of fees and I was plain old pissed. Called the manager and they removed the fees "even though they did not have to" after I told him I was going to the banking commissioner with all my documents and they could explain to that office why they did not post my deposit for 4 days then charged me all those fees.
Then more recently I took a loan at a finance company in 08 and they drew the note on their BOA account. I waited twenty minutes while they took everybody but me. I called the finance people and told them what was going on and that I had been waiting in a basically empty building for twenty minutes to cash their check. I was called up next and told they take care of their customers first. I said So Ctiifinancial isn't one of your customers? Of course they had no answer. Would not touch BOA with someone else s ten foot pole.

preachp
Philippians 4:13 I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me.

MODS: Kenwood DNX570 HD, Jeraco Hirise cap, black 4" nerf bars, Ultra Baron wheels, BFG Rugged Terrain A/T tires, Spyder smoke headlights and red smoke LED taillights, Bumble Beast stripe.
Old 10-29-2014, 11:55 AM
Former Senior Member

Vehicle: 95
Trim Level: Cloaking
Engine: 1994-2001 318ci (5.2L) Magnum V8 220hp
Rep:1776
Warlock III has a brilliant futureWarlock III has a brilliant futureWarlock III has a brilliant futureWarlock III has a brilliant futureWarlock III has a brilliant futureWarlock III has a brilliant futureWarlock III has a brilliant futureWarlock III has a brilliant futureWarlock III has a brilliant futureWarlock III has a brilliant futureWarlock III has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to Warlock III Send a message via Yahoo to Warlock III

Ok everybody. Just send me your money and I'll keep it safe.

I use TD bank. America's most convenient bank. (laugh's at that)

If you need to use an ATM they charge you $3.00 if it's not theirs. Problem is the only ones authorized by them are at their bank locations. So if you need cash and have to go get some you still have to go to the bank to get it.

How's that for convenient?

They have a practice similar to what Tom referenced about processing. I had to go buy some stuff but I didn't have sufficient funds in my checking account. So before I left I made a transfer out of my savings into checking. Got to where I had to go and bought what I needed.

Next day I look at my bank account and they penalized me for NSF because they processed the transfer after the purchase and then a penalty of $35.00.

I eventually got the money back but it shouldn't be an issue. Not to mention that it takes at least 24 hours for a CASH deposit to clear. Do they have to make sure it's not counterfeit?