DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Mod Zone - Custom Dodge Ram Mods - Dodge Ram Performance > Custom Chassis - Drive Line - Suspension - Wheels and Tires - LEVELING

Notices

Custom Chassis - Drive Line - Suspension - Wheels and Tires - LEVELING Discuss anything related to Custom Dodge Ram Wheels, Tires, Brakes, Suspension Mods, Chassis Mods and Tuning, Towing options, Driveline, Differentials, Sway Bars, Lowering Springs, Strut Braces, etc.

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
United Radio
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 09-08-2013, 09:47 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2013 Dodge Ram Sport CrewCab
Trim Level: Sport
Color: White
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:10
canuck is on a distinguished road
Default Levelling Help ?

I have a 2013 Dodge ram sport 1500 and im looking at getting a levelling kit for it . I am leaning towards the day star 2.5' front and 1" in the rear. Has anyone done this ? Is there much difference? Can anyone reccomened anything else? Thinking of going 20" rims with 35" tires.

If anyones done this and has pictures please post. Thanks alot ?
Sponsored links
Old 09-09-2013, 12:57 AM
Bully's Performance

Vehicle: '15 Ram 1500 Longhorn EcoD
Trim Level: CC, 6'4", 3.92, LSD
Color: Granite Crystal
Engine: 2014-20?? 182.3ci (3.0L) L630DOHC V6 240hp 420lb/ft Eco-Diesel
Rep:1787
fastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant future

Hi, there are many options. Daystar is one, or readylift as I believe you're looking for one with a rear coil spacer as well?

You can also run Bilsteins....many choices out there.
Let me know if we can be of assistance

sales@bullysperformance.com
100% Guaranteed to work or we will replace it for free!
Old 09-09-2013, 01:38 PM
Lifted Cummins Fanatic

Vehicle: 2012 Dodge Ram 3500 CCSB 4x4
Trim Level: Laramie Limited
Color: Mineral Grey Metallic
Engine: 2011-20?? 409ci (6.7L) Cummins Turbo Diesel 350hp 800lb/ft
Rep:1990
brandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant future

I definitely recommend running the Bilsteins on the front to level your truck rather than a spacer. They are a little more money, but definitely worth it. It's a much better way to level and will give you better ride quality all said and done. Then you can also add Top Gun Customz rear coil spacers later on if you want some height in the rear as well.

The best thing to do to know how much of a leveling kit you will need and weather or not you will need a rear spacer is to go measure your truck now. Not all trucks come exactly the same from the factory. Some are slightly different in height. Measure your fender heights front and back to determine your rake. Then find out how high you need to go on the front to level it. Keep in mind that you want to retain at least 0.5" of rake to avoid looking nose high.

If you want to see some pictures similar to the set up you're looking at check out my wheel/tire thread linked in my signature. I was running a 2.5" leveling kit with 0.75" rear spacers and 20x9's with 35x12.5's.

And as Andrew said above, if you need pricing shoot him an email. He will hook you up with the best pricing on anything you need for your truck.

2012 Ram 3500 Laramie Limited Cummins Build Thread
8" BDS Long Arm Lift with Fox 2.0 Shocks | Dual Fox 2.0 Steering Stabilizer | 37x13.5 Toyo MT's | AMP Powersteps & Bedstep | Bakflip G2 | Mag-Hytec Rear Diff Cover | 5000K Morimoto HID's (lows and fogs)
H&S MiniMaxx Custom Tuned | 4" Flo Pro Stainless TBE | Sinister EGR Delete | ARP 425 Head Studs | 4.56 AAM/Yukon Gears | S&B Intake | Instagram: @brandonjansen
Guide to Leveling & Wheel and Tire Sizing for 06+ 4wd Ram 1500's
Old 09-09-2013, 03:02 PM
Stickers add Horsepower

Vehicle: 2008 Dodge Ram 1500
Trim Level: SXT 4x4
Color: Silver/ Black
Engine: 2003-2008 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 345hp 375lb/ft
Rep:2793
Canadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond repute

^ These 2 are the ones to talk too. I am running the Bilstiens 5100 Adjustables with 35/12.50/17 Toyo M/T's and love the ride.. Absolutely worth it and I personally beleive it is much better then coil spacers. Bilstiens also work with a lift kit if you plan on jackin er up in the future.
Brandon and Andrew both have/had 4th gens 1500's and have done the same approach and know the best methods for leveling. Andrew at Bullys performance will offer a great price and excellent customer service. Got my bilstiens, tires, rims and some other mod parts from him.
Tow mirrors up for the haters
Old 09-09-2013, 09:22 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2013 Dodge Ram Sport CrewCab
Trim Level: Sport
Color: White
Rep:10
canuck is on a distinguished road

Awesome thanks alot guys for your help ! Your truck looks sick! with the levelling kit and the tires. Im going to order mine so one step at a time. Sucks tires and rims so dam expensive :P
Old 09-09-2013, 09:49 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2013 1500 SLT Big Horn 4x4
Trim Level: Big Horn
Color: Black Gold
Rep:177
Whiplash has a spectacular aura aboutWhiplash has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by canuck View Post
Awesome thanks alot guys for your help ! Your truck looks sick! with the levelling kit and the tires. Im going to order mine so one step at a time. Sucks tires and rims so dam expensive :P
ya gotta pay to play

i've ordered all my suspension stuff following brandonjansen's recommendations...hope to have it installed for the ontario meet-up
cai is in, exhaust (thanx Bully's) is on...truck's only a month old and i'm down 2k already

shoes'll have to wait til the bank account recovers a bit
Old 09-10-2013, 01:10 AM
Stickers add Horsepower

Vehicle: 2008 Dodge Ram 1500
Trim Level: SXT 4x4
Color: Silver/ Black
Engine: 2003-2008 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 345hp 375lb/ft
Rep:2793
Canadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by canuck View Post
Yeah rims and tires ain't cheap.. But as said.. you gotta pay to play. I did plenty of research on what I want, and the best price I was able to get was through Bully's.. It is something that is well worth the money.
Tow mirrors up for the haters
Old 09-10-2013, 01:26 PM
Lifted Cummins Fanatic

Vehicle: 2012 Dodge Ram 3500 CCSB 4x4
Trim Level: Laramie Limited
Color: Mineral Grey Metallic
Engine: 2011-20?? 409ci (6.7L) Cummins Turbo Diesel 350hp 800lb/ft
Rep:1990
brandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant future

For sure, no problem in doing it one step at a time. I was running a leveling kit for about 5-6 months before I could get my new wheels and tires on there. That's just how it goes.

As the two guys above said (and Andrew before that) send an email to Bully's Performance (sales@bullysperformance.com). Be sure to mention that you're a forum member and then tell them what you want and they'll send you a quote with some great pricing. I saved about $1000 ordering my wheels and tires through them rather than buying locally.

I just noticed you're from Vancouver as well. When you do order online I recommend getting it shipped to the states and going down to pick it up. I use a company called Ship Happens in Sumas (I live in Abbotsford so that's closest for me). You'll save a ton of money on shipping and brokerage fees by doing so. I'm fairly certain Point Roberts and some of the other border crossings have similar companies you could use. Definitely worth looking into.

2012 Ram 3500 Laramie Limited Cummins Build Thread
8" BDS Long Arm Lift with Fox 2.0 Shocks | Dual Fox 2.0 Steering Stabilizer | 37x13.5 Toyo MT's | AMP Powersteps & Bedstep | Bakflip G2 | Mag-Hytec Rear Diff Cover | 5000K Morimoto HID's (lows and fogs)
H&S MiniMaxx Custom Tuned | 4" Flo Pro Stainless TBE | Sinister EGR Delete | ARP 425 Head Studs | 4.56 AAM/Yukon Gears | S&B Intake | Instagram: @brandonjansen
Guide to Leveling & Wheel and Tire Sizing for 06+ 4wd Ram 1500's
Old 09-10-2013, 06:38 PM
Bully's Performance

Vehicle: '15 Ram 1500 Longhorn EcoD
Trim Level: CC, 6'4", 3.92, LSD
Color: Granite Crystal
Engine: 2014-20?? 182.3ci (3.0L) L630DOHC V6 240hp 420lb/ft Eco-Diesel
Rep:1787
fastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant future

Thanks guys!

Canuck, let me know if there is any way we can assist

sales@bullysperformance.com
100% Guaranteed to work or we will replace it for free!