DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Off Topic > Off Topic Discussion > HI-TECH Discussion

Notices

HI-TECH Discussion Web, computers, software, GPS, satellite TV, home stereos and other non-vehicle hi tech electronics.

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 05-05-2013, 01:49 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2014 VW Jetta GLI
Color: Metalic Black
Rep:1358
Excoastie has much to be proud ofExcoastie has much to be proud ofExcoastie has much to be proud ofExcoastie has much to be proud ofExcoastie has much to be proud ofExcoastie has much to be proud ofExcoastie has much to be proud ofExcoastie has much to be proud ofExcoastie has much to be proud ofExcoastie has much to be proud of
Default android os update

Anyone out there with a new(ish) android phone go ahead with the latest update?

My Droid 4 has been trying to convince me for about two weeks now to update. I keep telling it to do it "later", as when I had my old droid I regretted the update after it happened, as too many things changed for the worse.

Anyone have any opinions, etc about the latest update?

Stacy I know you're having other issues, so we'll not go there LOL

Exco
Oracle Interior LEDs, EGR Vent Visors, Ram eyes, Husky Liner Splash Guards, R/T Badges Front and Rear, LED Light Bar, Stubby Radio Antenna, Custom Shift Knob, ARE LS II bed cover, Bed Rug, Flowmaster 50 series HD, SilverStar Ultra low beams, K&N drop in filter, MOPAR sill guards, Smitty Built nerf bars, 24% tint on the front.
Bill
Sponsored links
Old 05-05-2013, 02:31 PM
Administrator

Vehicle: 2007 Dodge Nitro
Trim Level: SLT
Color: Electric Blue
Rep:3944
BlueJet has a reputation beyond reputeBlueJet has a reputation beyond reputeBlueJet has a reputation beyond reputeBlueJet has a reputation beyond reputeBlueJet has a reputation beyond reputeBlueJet has a reputation beyond reputeBlueJet has a reputation beyond reputeBlueJet has a reputation beyond reputeBlueJet has a reputation beyond reputeBlueJet has a reputation beyond reputeBlueJet has a reputation beyond repute

How did you know I would find this thread!! LOL

Are you talking about updating to JellyBean? I had no issues with that update, my phone has been running fine. I was rooted before the update and I failed to protect the root properly. My problem was the program that came out to root the newest OS update doesn't play well with Windows 8, so I had to get my W7 laptop fixed to re-root my MAXX again

All is well in my Android world! Do the update!

Like what you see? Support this fine site!

Go here for great how-to's and make sure you know the rules!

Make sure you show off your Ram by posting pics in the GALLERY!!

L.O.B.

Old 05-05-2013, 05:42 PM

Excoastie has much to be proud ofExcoastie has much to be proud ofExcoastie has much to be proud ofExcoastie has much to be proud ofExcoastie has much to be proud ofExcoastie has much to be proud ofExcoastie has much to be proud ofExcoastie has much to be proud ofExcoastie has much to be proud ofExcoastie has much to be proud of

OK thanks Stacy.

I'm not sure exactly what the update is, I just know with my old phone I didn't like it, so I was hesitant to do this one

Exco
Oracle Interior LEDs, EGR Vent Visors, Ram eyes, Husky Liner Splash Guards, R/T Badges Front and Rear, LED Light Bar, Stubby Radio Antenna, Custom Shift Knob, ARE LS II bed cover, Bed Rug, Flowmaster 50 series HD, SilverStar Ultra low beams, K&N drop in filter, MOPAR sill guards, Smitty Built nerf bars, 24% tint on the front.
Bill
Old 05-05-2013, 05:50 PM
Administrator

BlueJet has a reputation beyond reputeBlueJet has a reputation beyond reputeBlueJet has a reputation beyond reputeBlueJet has a reputation beyond reputeBlueJet has a reputation beyond reputeBlueJet has a reputation beyond reputeBlueJet has a reputation beyond reputeBlueJet has a reputation beyond reputeBlueJet has a reputation beyond reputeBlueJet has a reputation beyond reputeBlueJet has a reputation beyond repute

Any update will come with things you don't like and like about it, as also hiccups.

I did a factory reset on mine after I did the update. That wipes EVERYTHING off your phone and sets it back to factory settings. Unless you have your data backed up, don't do it. I did it in hopes it would help me re-root, then I realized it was W8 that was my issue.

This was the only time I have done a FDR on my phone, I have always done the updates with no issues. Many phone techy types will tell you to do the FDR after every update but if my phone isn't acting up then why mess with it?

L.O.B.

Old 05-05-2013, 07:50 PM

My last phone was possessed, so I'm well aware of how the FDR works... I had to do that no less than 8 times within 6 months. That was not fun.

I ended up crying loud enough that they gave me an early upgrade, and so far I haven't had any issues with this phone, and it's been almost 2 yrs.

I'm old school though. I like a slide out keyboard, as a result my options are very limited when it comes to phones. It's OK though, as I don't desire a new phone at this point.

Exco
Bill
Old 05-05-2013, 08:08 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2012 Dodge Ram 1500 RCSB 4X4
Trim Level: Express
Color: Flame Red
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:173
Unfairkickazz93 has a spectacular aura aboutUnfairkickazz93 has a spectacular aura about

I have android 4.2 (jellybean) on my razr maxx hd and it works great. I sure can tell you android has gotten so much better than it used to. I say upgrade!
MODS- QTP Exhaust Cutout, ARH Long-tube Headers, HornBlasters Train Horn, HemiFever Tuned, Linex bedliner, Painted mirrors and door handles, 14" magnaflow muffler, Cabin air filter, BakFlip G2 tonneau cover, Black 17" Sport Edition TK5 Wheels, K&N CAI, BT Catch can, 85mm Throttle body, Upper glovebox Mod, Recon Black Projector headlights, Retroshops- Tinted LED Tails including 3rd brake.
Old 05-06-2013, 01:53 PM

I did the upgrade, and I'm still trying to get used to it. I tend to be opposed to change, so I also tend to get used to said change slowly.

I don't like the way that the call button keeps going back to the last call I made, instead of my "frequently called" list. This pics menu is all jacked up as well... It's got everything listed in the folders where the pics are located, as opposed to a large thumbnail list like I've gotten used to, regardless of location grrrrr

worst of all the text message (due to lack of a better word) format has changed, and I can't get it back to the way I wanted.... It's too much like Apple now with the little cartoon bubbles instead of the way it was....

I'll fall back off my soap box again.... I must stop resisting change so damn much

Exco
Bill
Old 05-06-2013, 02:17 PM
Administrator

Are you using the stock text app or a third party app?

I didn't like what they did with the phone part of it but who uses their phone to talk anymore?? LOL!

If you go into the phone part, you have three choices at the top of the screen. I keep mine on recent.

L.O.B.

Old 05-06-2013, 04:20 PM

I'm using the stock texting app... all of the third party ones that I've tried either crashed or were just harder to use than the stock one.

I prefer to keep my call log on recent as well, it seems that the phone doesn't want it to be this way after the upgrade. Either that or I'm just too stupid to figure out how to keep it where I want it LOL

Exco
Bill
Old 05-06-2013, 04:57 PM
Administrator

I use Handcent, I went into the settings and changed my conversation style there. I don't like the stock app because I can't tweak it

I looked at my stock app and I don't even see where you can change the conversation style settings?

L.O.B.