Pcm reflash tsb 18-037-16
New PCM Flash available. Improves the following info. On my 68RFE my violent torque convertor unloading is greatly improved (decreased) and unloaded shift quality and timing is better.
Flash: 6.7L Diagnostic And System Improvements
This bulletin involves reprogramming the Engine Control Module/Powertrain Control
Module (ECM/PCM) with the latest available software.
2015 (DJ) Ram 2500 Pickup
2015 (D2) Ram 3500 Pickup
NOTE: This bulletin applies to vehicles equipped with a 6.7L Cummins Diesel engine
(Sales Code ETK).
A small number of customers may experience a Malfunction Indicator Lamp (MIL)
illumination. Upon further investigation a technician may find one or more of the following
Diagnostic Trouble Codes (DTCs) set in the PCM memory:
· P218F - Reductant No Flow Detected.
· P242F - Diesel Particulate Filter Restriction - Ash Accumulation.
· P205E - (Diesel Exhaust Fluid) Reductant Tank Temperature Sensor Circuit
Intermittent (setting when the block heater is plugged in).
· U110E - Lost Ambient Temperature Message.
· P20E8 - (Diesel Exhaust Fluid) Reductant Pressure Too Low.
· P2281 - Air Leak Between MAF And Throttle Body.
NUMBER: 18-037-16 REV. A
GROUP: Vehicle Performance
DATE: April 23, 2016
· P1477 - Intake Air Diverter Valve Position Sensor Circuit Shorted To Ground.
· U1421 - Implausible Ignition Key Off Time Received.
· P026B - Injection Timing Performance.
In addition to addressing the above DTCs, the following powertrain system
improvements/enhancements are also included in this software release:
· **NOx sensor calibration improvements. (Sales Code DG7).
· Enhanced software for a No crank/No start issue. (U0100 - Lost Communication
With ECM/PCM). (Sales Code DG7).**
· Ambient Air Temperature (AAT) improvements.
· 68RFE Transmission overall shift quality improvements.
· SCR Efficiency scan tool test improvement.
· Charging system improvements for single alternator applications (Changes the
cutout threshold from 600 to 500 RPM).
· Diesel Exhaust Fluid (DEF) system calibration improvement during Stationary
· Cold idle speed stability improvement.
· Charging system improvements for dual alternator applications.
· Torque increase to 865 ft/lbs (D2 vehicles equipped with the Aisin transmission
sales code DF2 only).
· Fuel Filter Minder calibration changes.
· wiTECH Fuel Pressure Override and Fuel System Run Up test improvements.