DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - General Discussion > Dodge Ram 4x4 - Offroad Discussion

Notices

Dodge Ram 4x4 - Offroad Discussion All about Off-Road in here! From prep to execution! Let us know how you roll Off Road in your Dodge Ram Truck!

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 08-20-2013, 02:09 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member

Vehicle: 1999 Dodge Ram
Trim Level: SLT
Color: Black
Engine: 2001-2003 359ci (5.9L) Cummins ISB 24-Valve Diesel I6 235hp 460lb/ft (manual and auto)
Rep:177
richmond has a spectacular aura aboutrichmond has a spectacular aura about
Default Off road "kind of"

I have a back way into the farm from another road. It is well hidden and quite steep. When I'm in a hurry I'll slip up the adjacent road to the farm and come up the path, cross the water, climb the hill in 4L break over into the back of my hay field and on up to the hay path. This cuts out the 1/2 mile property line below the cliffs and 1/2 mile driveway back to the cabin (log home).

After going to get the mail I took the back way (stop at the bottom and switch to 4L and up the hill). When I get to the top there's the State police............not your run of the mill State police (the ones with the helicopters). I put up with this every year in mid August, as do my fellow farmers.

I proceeded on to the house got out and waved (they're only 150' off the ground), but they will lift if they go over the house (shingle damage, happened 3 years ago, I had to make a claim). We are all taking our hay (mine just topped but we've had rain). If the hay was cut they'd only make one pass and leave.

Last year when they came I had a bunch of friends over (it was a free air show). They have State police drug agents on 4 wheelers that park at a substation (if the helicopter crew cameras have a finding, up the drive they pop if the gates open). If not they have to walk in. Never had them ground visit (but the neighbor farmer did). It always ends the 1st of September and the air show's over with. Kinda neat to watch though.

R...
Sponsored links
Old 08-20-2013, 09:28 AM

Vehicle: 2007 Dodge Ram 1500
Color: Patriot Blue
Engine: 2003-2008 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 345hp 375lb/ft
Rep:1900
gonefishin776 has a brilliant futuregonefishin776 has a brilliant futuregonefishin776 has a brilliant futuregonefishin776 has a brilliant futuregonefishin776 has a brilliant futuregonefishin776 has a brilliant futuregonefishin776 has a brilliant futuregonefishin776 has a brilliant futuregonefishin776 has a brilliant futuregonefishin776 has a brilliant futuregonefishin776 has a brilliant future

Interesting. What are they looking for? Forgive me if I didn't quite get what you were talking about
JVC Arsenal KD, Bilstein 5100 adjustables [maxed], aFe Stage 2 Air Intake, Superchips 3865, Husky Floor Mats, Saddleman Camo Seat Covers, Flowmaster 40 Series Muffler SI/DO, 20 % Tint. 35x12.5x17 Federal Couragia M/T, 17x8.5 VTEC Warlord wheels, -12mm offest.
Old 08-20-2013, 04:19 PM

Engine: 2001-2003 359ci (5.9L) Cummins ISB 24-Valve Diesel I6 235hp 460lb/ft (manual and auto)
Default Really ?

Damn, there's still innocence in this world. You go guy! But you are correct, there's no particular point unless we have other farmers on this forum who have to eradicate the crap, call the cops every time you catch them in your fields at night, put up with this overhead surveillance.

I know, what's a little Cannabis here and there................??

Last edited by richmond; 08-20-2013 at 04:38 PM.
Old 08-20-2013, 04:42 PM

gonefishin776 has a brilliant futuregonefishin776 has a brilliant futuregonefishin776 has a brilliant futuregonefishin776 has a brilliant futuregonefishin776 has a brilliant futuregonefishin776 has a brilliant futuregonefishin776 has a brilliant futuregonefishin776 has a brilliant futuregonefishin776 has a brilliant futuregonefishin776 has a brilliant futuregonefishin776 has a brilliant future

Ohhhh. I'm with you now. Haha duh.

Now if they were looking for moonshine shacks, I wouldn't be able to call myself as innocent :P
JVC Arsenal KD, Bilstein 5100 adjustables [maxed], aFe Stage 2 Air Intake, Superchips 3865, Husky Floor Mats, Saddleman Camo Seat Covers, Flowmaster 40 Series Muffler SI/DO, 20 % Tint. 35x12.5x17 Federal Couragia M/T, 17x8.5 VTEC Warlord wheels, -12mm offest.
Old 08-20-2013, 04:51 PM

Vehicle: 2011 Power Wagon
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:256
battlerattle is a jewel in the roughbattlerattle is a jewel in the roughbattlerattle is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by gonefishin776 View Post
Ohhhh. I'm with you now. Haha duh.

Now if they were looking for moonshine shacks, I wouldn't be able to call myself as innocent :P

What moonshine shack? Only thing on your property is that nice shaded outhouse for when you take the dogs out to the back 40!
Old 08-20-2013, 06:06 PM
God Bless Texas!

Vehicle: 2005 Ram 1500
Trim Level: Lonestar QC
Color: White
Engine: 2002-2007 287ci (4.7L) PowerTech V8 235hp 295lb/ft
Rep:2929
RogerRamJet has a reputation beyond reputeRogerRamJet has a reputation beyond reputeRogerRamJet has a reputation beyond reputeRogerRamJet has a reputation beyond reputeRogerRamJet has a reputation beyond reputeRogerRamJet has a reputation beyond reputeRogerRamJet has a reputation beyond reputeRogerRamJet has a reputation beyond reputeRogerRamJet has a reputation beyond reputeRogerRamJet has a reputation beyond reputeRogerRamJet has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by richmond View Post
Damn, there's still innocence in this world. You go guy! But you are correct, there's no particular point unless we have other farmers on this forum who have to eradicate the crap, call the cops every time you catch them in your fields at night, put up with this overhead surveillance.

Gotta give fish a break, he's still a kid.
Old 08-20-2013, 10:01 PM

Vehicle: 2011 dodge sport 1500 hemi
Trim Level: sport
Color: green
Engine: 2009-2010 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:643
huntergreen is a name known to allhuntergreen is a name known to allhuntergreen is a name known to allhuntergreen is a name known to allhuntergreen is a name known to allhuntergreen is a name known to all

funny, i knew exactly what the staties were looking for.
Old 08-21-2013, 10:31 AM

Vehicle: 2000 Ram ORE 4x4 5.9L
Trim Level: Laramie SLT
Color: White
Engine: 1998-2001 360ci (5.9L) Magnum V8 245hp(standard), 250hp(Sport package)
Rep:55
Wh1t3nukle will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by richmond View Post
a little?

I guess you've perhaps not seen the amount of destruction incurred by grows? All the chemicals that are brought in, non-native, that then wreaks havoc to the ecosystem? How all that stuff, in varying degrees, reaches water sources? Last but not least....grows being protected with guns blazing? Seriously, here is a very recent case involving open hunting season...

http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/usa-n...rs-beware.html

I'm not meaning to rain on the point you are making. I agree with you. I don't pretend to know your position with cannibus based on your single comment I quoted. I'm just highlighting some direct impacts if indeed that is what the agency is looking for and thus I support it. These grows are having direct impact on public land access in addition to environmental. No I'm not an econazi, I'm an outdoorsman in the moderate level. As a wheeler...this has direct impacts on legal access.

Sorry, some very recent events out here make this touchy.
Old 08-21-2013, 11:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RogerRamJet View Post
Gotta give fish a break, he's still a kid.
Nah i just got lost trying to read the post with no punctuation. I re-read and so the part about the drug-police. That was the give away.
Old 08-21-2013, 05:14 PM

Default Wh13nukle picked up on it

Fish, I'll take a good crack at punctuation on this one. My farm is on the edge of the Kentucky knobs and the Rolling Fork river. Hey Wh13nukle, thanks for the link. I'm against the substance, it's growth and it's tragedies it causes.

August is always harvest season for this crap, therefore everyone's radar is up. I'm taking the hay tomorrow and the fly-overs will stop soon. I've been looking at buying the adjoining farm and we most recently viewed his property and it's clean. Yet there are areas I don't travel to in the middle of August (reference the link), but in this state.

However, we also are on guard for a Mountain Lion that has come down from the knobs and is dwelling between our farm and the farm next door.
So guntucky is on alert for our pets and smaller livestock. We have two big boned shepherds but it won't stop this cat. The large deer population seems to keep it close in proximity.

My point to this post is if you are in a dark colored 4x4 with dark tinted windows in the woods and trails the choppers are tracking you. If you have large fields unattended these outlaws can sneak in and out, sight unseen (sometimes). One could also have corn growing, yet out in the middle there's a big patch, (from an outside source). I support the efforts of law enforcement but I must admit it gets old, (year after year, the same farm).

Reading the link regarding bullets flying, one recognizes they're warning shots. I've had friends meet the unchained Rottweiler's, (that's when you know your close).

Thanks for the responses. It's always good to see things from a different perspective. I wish we had more young people like Gonefishin776. R...

Last edited by richmond; 08-21-2013 at 05:22 PM. Reason: Punctuation