DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - General Discussion > 2013 Dodge Ram Forum

Notices

2013 Dodge Ram Forum For specific discussion of the 2013 Dodge Ram!

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
United Radio
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 08-20-2013, 03:33 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2013 Ram
Trim Level: SLT
Color: Black Baby
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:172
Yotaconvert has a spectacular aura aboutYotaconvert has a spectacular aura about
Default 1200 miles.......and

It's in the shop awaiting a new 8.4 and an entire new dash cluster......cluster that's the first word for the phrase I have in mind.......really missing my tundra right now

No one knows when to expect the cluster.........

Glad I didntmorder the carbon fiber hood yet,,,,,
-Flowmaster 40
-Bullydog Hemi GT
-MB Rims (cuz im cheap lol)
Sponsored links
Old 08-20-2013, 04:04 PM
The Sound of Eight Hooves

Vehicle: 2013 Ram1500 4x4 8HP70 3.21LSD
Trim Level: Lone Star Quad Cab
Color: Bright White
Engine: 2013-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 395hp 410lb/ft
Rep:500
Thunderhorse is a glorious beacon of lightThunderhorse is a glorious beacon of lightThunderhorse is a glorious beacon of lightThunderhorse is a glorious beacon of lightThunderhorse is a glorious beacon of lightThunderhorse is a glorious beacon of light

Sorry to heart that man. Hopefully this will be your only problem and will be resolved quickly. Also I know this is really no consolation, but at least its not something more serious like the guy over on F150 forum who has been through 3 ecoboosts because they keep shooting rods through the block.
Old 08-20-2013, 05:29 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2011 dodge sport 1500 hemi
Trim Level: sport
Color: green
Engine: 2009-2010 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:636
huntergreen is a name known to allhuntergreen is a name known to allhuntergreen is a name known to allhuntergreen is a name known to allhuntergreen is a name known to allhuntergreen is a name known to all

imho, this is the perfect time to order the hood and let the dealer install, free of course for your inconvience. sucks this happened.
Old 08-20-2013, 05:33 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2011 Ram Express
Trim Level: ST
Color: White
Rep:92
Graygoose will become famous soon enough

man, whats up with all the horror stories on '13's lately?

2011 White Ram Express, KMC Slides, Nitto 420s 22's,Extang Trifecta, GF leveling kit, KICKER sound system,CodeAlarm remote start, '13 Retroshop Headlights and Tail lights, Bedrug, MGP Caliper covers, LED reverse lights, AAC interior LED and licence plate LEDs, BT Catch Can,Weathertech mats
Old 08-20-2013, 05:36 PM

Vehicle: 2011 dodge sport 1500 hemi
Trim Level: sport
Color: green
Engine: 2009-2010 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:636
huntergreen is a name known to allhuntergreen is a name known to allhuntergreen is a name known to allhuntergreen is a name known to allhuntergreen is a name known to allhuntergreen is a name known to all

i didn't want to ask that. when the 13s started showing up, i asked about the quality of the paint and was pretty much laughed at.
Old 08-20-2013, 06:03 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Yotaconvert has a spectacular aura aboutYotaconvert has a spectacular aura about

Called in and they are waiting to hear how Chrysler wants to proceed..so this leads me to believe they have no clue whatsoever on how to chase the electrical issues down. This is really disheartening on a new truck.

The last thing I had issues with was a new bassboat and after they took to long I pushed moy weight into it and was delivered a new one in less khan 48 hrs. I know the channels to push if needed and have been the lemon route before.

This is starting to taste like piss that they want to call lemonade.
-Flowmaster 40
-Bullydog Hemi GT
Old 08-20-2013, 07:19 PM

Vehicle: 2013 1500 Ram CC
Trim Level: Laramie
Color: Mineral Gray
Rep:117
KJ48 will become famous soon enoughKJ48 will become famous soon enough

If it would make you feel any better I can list all the things that were wrong (including losing the display) on the '13 F150 I recently got rid of but it wont help you.

All of the integration with the radio/touch screen just doesnt appear ready for primetime on the Dodges or Fords at the moment. It was the same way with the '10 Ram I bought with the 'new' mygig and by 2012 they had it pretty well figured out. Honestly I wish this had the radio my old '12 Laramie had, sure the EVIC is nicer for '13 but I'm not a huge fan of the this new uconnect setup for sure. It just doesnt seem to do anything well, the FM is terrible, the sat radio drops out constantly, the NAV is so-so and the apps thing is pretty useless. I'm just keeping my fingers crossed updates will fix most of the issues, if not its still better than the MFT in the '13 F150 as-is.

These days its hard to find a decent tech that can troubleshoot the electronics on these newer cars/trucks. I had a duramax pickup that the bluetooth was all distorted and the dealer had to fly in an engineer from detroit to figure it out, turned out to be a mis-built harness. Took almost a year to finally fix it after the dealer threw thousands of dollars of parts at it. my '11 M3 BMW had an issue with the idrive screen going blank at random times, traded it in before it ever got fixed..
Old 08-20-2013, 07:40 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Well this is an interesting one and I do appreciate the stories it does take the edge off a little.

They told me they wanted to WAIT till the radio came in to trouble shoot the Tachometer....

2 COMPLETELY unrelated circuits from what im able to trace looking at schematics and diagnostic charts.

So I get to wait till the radio shows up sometime later this week for them to get around to installing that and THEN will they take the time to start trouble shooting the tach. Which if it needs parts will then need to be ordered at THAT point and waited for approval and yadda yadda whatever.

There should be INSTANT approval for a visualized actualized problem that the dealer can see in house. I also extensively videoed the issues for them in case they tried the "could not reproduce" card.

I cannot think of any other thing that costs this much with IMMEDIATE ISSUES that is just so easily back burnered by companies.

If you bought a new home and the AC unit was out there would be someone from the builder here instantly. If the roof leaked they would be here instantly. Give me a break here why has this become and accepted and customary standard of auto manufacturers to let the customer deal with the REAL R&D ON A PRODUCT.
-Flowmaster 40
-Bullydog Hemi GT
Old 08-20-2013, 09:53 PM

Vehicle: 2013 1500 Ram CC
Trim Level: Laramie
Color: Mineral Gray
Rep:117
KJ48 will become famous soon enoughKJ48 will become famous soon enough

I wont even get into my new roof story

It sucks, I agree, scary part is whats going to happen when its out of 3/36, not like the old days where you could easily keep it running with a few simple hand tools and some mechanical know-how.

All you can do is play the dealer's game, or take it to another dealer. There are four CDJ dealers within 15 miles of my house and only one has a decent service department that doesnt screw up more things than they fix when you bring it in.
Old 08-20-2013, 10:37 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

if it keeps it up a 2.99yrs or 35999.7 ill run it through the showroom window. had to account .3 for the distance inside i continue to see it travel with said brick on its pedal
-Flowmaster 40
-Bullydog Hemi GT