DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - General Discussion > 2013 Dodge Ram Forum

Notices

2013 Dodge Ram Forum For specific discussion of the 2013 Dodge Ram!

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 08-20-2013, 10:48 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2011 dodge sport 1500 hemi
Trim Level: sport
Color: green
Engine: 2009-2010 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:621
huntergreen is a name known to allhuntergreen is a name known to allhuntergreen is a name known to allhuntergreen is a name known to allhuntergreen is a name known to allhuntergreen is a name known to all

yota hang in there.......yes it bites.......
Sponsored links
Old 08-21-2013, 11:10 AM

Vehicle: 2013 RAM Big Horn 4x4
Trim Level: Big Horn
Color: Black
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:58
Spike will become famous soon enough

Sucks man, sorry to hear.

My '13 has been flawless for 2500 miles.

As far as paint, I have applied 3 coats of syn wax already and it looks stunning. So, hopefully that keeps it in good shape.
Old 08-23-2013, 04:42 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2013 Ram
Trim Level: SLT
Color: Black Baby
Rep:172
Yotaconvert has a spectacular aura aboutYotaconvert has a spectacular aura about

Well mine after a week is still in the shop. The touch screen is "enroute but we have no tracking number" or so I am told.

The entire gauge pack as been replaced.

They have no idea when the radio will come in but even if it shows tomorrow they will have it till at least monday afternoon.

So that puts me at 9 days in the shop so far and 5 trips for these issues.

The Service guy wanted me to come take it and bring back the other truck they gave me for the weekend. I asked him wtf good that would do since I have no climate control? I also told him I want them to initiate me a contact at Chrysler because I will be asking for an extended warranty at this point.

1200 miles I drove it for 1000 of them and there it sits.

I am driving a decent loaner its an express with bare bones options and no hitch....the lack of a tow vehicle cost me the ability to fish my tournament this weekend. It has no side steps so my wife cant get the kids into the truck. (shes 5'1") no leverage to work with getting em in the seats.

This is really frustrating. They have taken the wind out of my sails for modding the thing and enjoying it. I really am disgusted over this ordeal. This shouldnt be happening with a new truck.
-Flowmaster 40
-Bullydog Hemi GT
-MB Rims (cuz im cheap lol)
Old 08-23-2013, 05:46 PM

Vehicle: 2013 Ram 1500 Crew
Trim Level: Outdoorsman
Color: True Blue Peal/Mineral Gray
Rep:92
dawoodsman will become famous soon enough

Everything is working on my late model year outdoorsman so far, including EVIC and the fancy screen stuff--knock on wood. Maybe they fixed a few things as model year production went on.

Paint job is subpar in too many places for my liking, though I have seen that to be fairly common in all makes these days. Smooth in some spots, looks like they had a bunch of dust or debris in the paint or clearcoat room in others. The lower 2 tone is much better than the hood and parts of the sides of the upper color.
Old 08-23-2013, 07:42 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Yotaconvert has a spectacular aura aboutYotaconvert has a spectacular aura about

Mine was a late build as well supposedly. From what im seeing it doesnt make a difference you either get lucky with the uconnect and its interface or you get the bone...
-Flowmaster 40
-Bullydog Hemi GT
Old 08-24-2013, 09:44 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

No parts arrived today eventhough they were "supposed to". I love the truck but am really starting to regret the purchase. I talked to the dealer and he said he will put me in contact with the right people to get a free extended warranty and maybe some extras for all this crap.

There are a few warm feelings left about this truck but they are vaporizing quickly.

I am starting to regret buying a 13 instead of a 14 or simply keeping my Tundra.

Great ride and interior upgrades are only great if you actually have the freakin truck your paying for. Instead im in a base model express right now and though its a fine truck its optioned less than even my Tundra was.

Maybe its petty bitching but heck I paid for the thing I should be able to expect to be in my nicer "luxury" ride right?
-Flowmaster 40
-Bullydog Hemi GT
Old 08-24-2013, 10:35 PM

Vehicle: 2013 1500 Ram CC
Trim Level: Laramie
Color: Mineral Gray
Rep:117
KJ48 will become famous soon enoughKJ48 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yotaconvert View Post
No parts arrived today eventhough they were "supposed to". I love the truck but am really starting to regret the purchase. I talked to the dealer and he said he will put me in contact with the right people to get a free extended warranty and maybe some extras for all this crap.

There are a few warm feelings left about this truck but they are vaporizing quickly.

I am starting to regret buying a 13 instead of a 14 or simply keeping my Tundra.

Great ride and interior upgrades are only great if you actually have the freakin truck your paying for. Instead im in a base model express right now and though its a fine truck its optioned less than even my Tundra was.

Maybe its petty bitching but heck I paid for the thing I should be able to expect to be in my nicer "luxury" ride right?
You know it really depends on your economic situation, if you have the funds why even get mad or upset about it, When it gets fixed go trade it in, going to take a 5-7K hit though, which is a lot of money. But thats what I lost on the '13 ecoboost I had and in the end I was happy to get rid of that POS after 6K miles. Of course some people will think I'm nuts since the new F150s are the best trucks in the world. That may be so but the '13 F150 I had was just shy of a lemon and I just flat out hated the thing.

I've owned many new cars and many of them were junk, both foreign and domestic. All it takes these days is one 25 cent electrical connector or snap ring in the engine or trans and your shiny 50K truck wont run anymore. With all the outsourced assemblies on these newer cars/trucks its amazing they arent worse. The big three has little control over the electronics and many other sub assemblies, they may have been fine when they were being tested but they may have been re-engineered by the vendor to save a few bucks or add a couple features last minute and then early buyers turn intobeta testers.

It can easily gets to a point where you just hate to look at a new car/truck you bought, been there a few times. A lot depends how much time you have to fight to get it fixed or replaced or if you have the resources just dump it and write it off as a lesson learned.
Old 08-25-2013, 04:43 AM

Vehicle: 2014 Ram 1500
Trim Level: Express RC
Color: Black Express Package
Engine: 2013-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 395hp 410lb/ft
Rep:57
RyanJM will become famous soon enough

I had to get a new 8.4a at 4k miles. Stil waiting on the black trim they scratched. Dam dealer techs have no respect. Gave me the truck back dirty when it got towed in clean. What a 5 min wash was too much to ask for. Also they had to clean my interior in a few spots from the techs dirty hands.

2014 Black Express, 4.5" Maxtrac lift, Ballistic Razorback's 20x9, 35x12.5 Federal Cougaria MT's, DeeZee tailgate assist, K&N drop in filter, magnaflow 16" welded in, Diablo Trinity, 20% tint on the front and 5% on the rear glass, AVS Smoked Aeroskin, HID 3000k fogs, 6000k HID's in the projectors.
Old 08-25-2013, 10:19 AM

Vehicle: 2013 1500 Ram CC
Color: Mineral Gray
Rep:117
KJ48 will become famous soon enoughKJ48 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanJM View Post
I had to get a new 8.4a at 4k miles. Stil waiting on the black trim they scratched. Dam dealer techs have no respect. Gave me the truck back dirty when it got towed in clean. What a 5 min wash was too much to ask for. Also they had to clean my interior in a few spots from the techs dirty hands.
They could have done more damage by washing it..

I hate taking mine in to get anything done under warranty, dealer techs can do more cosmetic damage in a day than I can do in 50,000 miles and I'm not that careful with my own stuff. These days if it isnt their truck they dont care.

There are some good techs out there, they just never seem to work on my cars and trucks, thats why I'll live with small issues or fix them myself.

The radio thing is pretty disappointing, its not like any of it is new technology, especially the displays.

Last edited by KJ48; 08-25-2013 at 10:23 AM.
Old 08-25-2013, 11:03 AM

Vehicle: 2014 Laramie CC 4x4 8spd 3.92
Color: White w/ Blk interior
Rep:69
Driver72 will become famous soon enough

Yota,

Look into my recent posts.
My NAV System/Radio screen went totally black and I had my new $50k Laramie exactly 24 hours. I've had it 6 weeks now and still no fix.
It sits in my garage.

On top of all that, look at my posts about my paint quality. Click on the link to my photobucket account to see all the paint mistakes I noticed when wiping the truck down just minutes after bringing it home from the dealer.

Then add to that I have a 9-10 inch crescent shaped scratch inside the windshield (I've tried removing it with window cleaner, then a razor blade, then the dealer recommended Bar Keeper's Friend as a polish to get it out). None of it worked, it's apparently INSIDE the glass.

So I've had a truck that I've made payments on for 6 weeks but got to drive for 1 day.

Chrysler has been notified right away and I am still awaiting "their decision"

At this point I either want a new truck, swapped out on their dime, or want a big chunk of money off what I owe for my time, troubles and all the paint issues that may affect it's resale value.

You are not alone. If Chrysler doesn't resolve this in a proper manner that pleases me, you can bet this will be the last Chrysler product I ever own (it's my fourth) and not only will the BBB hear about it, so will JD Powers, numerous consumer websites like Consumer Reports, and so forth.