DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - General Discussion > 2013 Dodge Ram Forum

Notices

2013 Dodge Ram Forum For specific discussion of the 2013 Dodge Ram!

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
United Radio
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 08-27-2013, 01:33 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2013 Ram
Trim Level: SLT
Color: Black Baby
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:172
Yotaconvert has a spectacular aura aboutYotaconvert has a spectacular aura about

Well I got mine back today; got home and realized the 2 screws to hold in my passanger tail light were gone and that the backup bulb is shattered. I am assuming someone tried to steal my tail lights and didnt get the job done.

The rest seems okay but I only drove it 15 mins so far. I did notice a small (for lack of a better term) scrap/pull up in my dash which I am assuming occoured when they pulled everything out to do the gauge cluster. So we will be having another chat tomorrow.

I have a few numbers to call at chrysler to grind an axe or 2. This is ludicrous it sure seems in the past 3 weeks a TON of problems have been cropping up on 13's. Had I seen this type of epidemic during my research id likely have not bought a RAM.

I love the truck I really do but its ridiculous to have issues like this in such a short time frame.
-Flowmaster 40
-Bullydog Hemi GT
-MB Rims (cuz im cheap lol)
Sponsored links
Old 08-27-2013, 01:34 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2013 Ram
Trim Level: SLT
Color: Black Baby
Rep:172
Yotaconvert has a spectacular aura aboutYotaconvert has a spectacular aura about

Oh and FYI they arent stock lights they are Spyder LED's that I custom smoked and cleared.
-Flowmaster 40
-Bullydog Hemi GT
-MB Rims (cuz im cheap lol)
Old 08-27-2013, 06:14 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2011 Ram Sport 4X4 Crew Cab
Trim Level: Sport
Color: Deep water blue pearl
Rep:13
bluedodgeram is on a distinguished road
Default http://www.autoblog.com/2013/03/01/chryslers-internal-documents-question-ram-quality-as-workers-pr/

That's sad to hear, but did you guys hear about what the assembly line worker's did to the vehicles, because they weren't happy of their new shifts. As described on Auto Blog:

Chrysler is reportedly having a hard time ramping up production of its 2013 Ram 1500. According to The Detroit News, only 16 of the 58 trucks built at the Warren Truck Assembly Plant during the model's first hour passed final inspection. While quality eventually improved over the course of the day, just over half of the units built on Thursday were approved for shipment. Even with workers ordered to stay late to fix their mistakes, some 1,078 units remained outside the facility with defects. The problem, according to workers at the plant, is morale.

According to the report, Chrysler recently changed the shift schedule at the plant and workers are unhappy with the new situation. The new plan has workers split into three shifts, each covering four 10-hour days. With the shifts staggered, some workers now have to work nights and on Saturdays. Some employees are so upset that they've taken to protesting, though the move isn't sanctioned by the United Auto Workers.

Meanwhile, Chrysler admits there were internal issues with the launch, but that the company was able to contain them. A spokesperson has said "plant quality indicators are getting progressively better." Yah, I don't think so!

It's probably an indicator on why the 2013 Rams are having so many issues, sabatoge?
Old 08-27-2013, 10:43 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2014 Laramie CC 4x4 8spd 3.92
Trim Level: Laramie
Color: White w/ Blk interior
Rep:69
Driver72 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yotaconvert View Post
I did notice a small (for lack of a better term) scrap/pull up in my dash which I am assuming occoured when they pulled everything out to do the gauge cluster. So we will be having another chat tomorrow.

I have a few numbers to call at chrysler to grind an axe or 2. This is ludicrous it sure seems in the past 3 weeks a TON of problems have been cropping up on 13's. Had I seen this type of epidemic during my research id likely have not bought a RAM.

I love the truck I really do but its ridiculous to have issues like this in such a short time frame.
Funny you should mention this.
When they told me they had to put a whole new radio in, my first comment to the service advisor was, "that probably means I will receive some interior center stack damage when they take it apart too huh?"
He went on to say, "no we use plastic tools to take off the pieces so they won't scratch or damage anything"
I then went on to tell them, "and what about rattles then, because I had a car before that had to have the driver's door panel removed for wiring issue and after return it rattled. I took it back and they put foam and foam tape in the door which helped 90% of the issue, but it still makes a little rattle on some rough roads or bumps."

He said, "I don't think you have to worry about that with the center stack."
I said, "well we will see, because if there's a scratch or a rattle upon reassembly, you can bet I'll be back."

The techs at the dealers just don't care and don't treat the vehicle like it's their own. They are paid per job, so it benefits them to work fast and get onto another job. Working fast means making mistakes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluedodgeram View Post
That's sad to hear, but did you guys hear about what the assembly line worker's did to the vehicles, because they weren't happy of their new shifts. As described on Auto Blog:

Chrysler is reportedly having a hard time ramping up production of its 2013 Ram 1500. According to The Detroit News, only 16 of the 58 trucks built at the Warren Truck Assembly Plant during the model's first hour passed final inspection. While quality eventually improved over the course of the day, just over half of the units built on Thursday were approved for shipment. Even with workers ordered to stay late to fix their mistakes, some 1,078 units remained outside the facility with defects. The problem, according to workers at the plant, is morale.

According to the report, Chrysler recently changed the shift schedule at the plant and workers are unhappy with the new situation. The new plan has workers split into three shifts, each covering four 10-hour days. With the shifts staggered, some workers now have to work nights and on Saturdays. Some employees are so upset that they've taken to protesting, though the move isn't sanctioned by the United Auto Workers.

Meanwhile, Chrysler admits there were internal issues with the launch, but that the company was able to contain them. A spokesperson has said "plant quality indicators are getting progressively better." Yah, I don't think so!

It's probably an indicator on why the 2013 Rams are having so many issues, sabatoge?
This is VERY interesting.
I've lost a lot of confidence in the quality and reliability of these trucks and my feelings are justified and backed up now with this article and stated facts.

Last edited by Driver72; 08-27-2013 at 10:46 AM.
Old 08-27-2013, 12:27 PM

Vehicle: 2013 Ram1500 4x4 8HP70 3.21LSD
Trim Level: Lone Star Quad Cab
Color: Bright White
Engine: 2013-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 395hp 410lb/ft
Rep:481
Thunderhorse is a glorious beacon of lightThunderhorse is a glorious beacon of lightThunderhorse is a glorious beacon of lightThunderhorse is a glorious beacon of lightThunderhorse is a glorious beacon of light

Lol, all the issues with the 2013s? What widespread issues have there been other than the uconnect issues that are fixed in most cases with updates? Sure some people have had problems with their trucks but other than paint issues they are mostly isolated cases.
Old 08-27-2013, 12:50 PM

Vehicle: 2013 Ram 1500 RCSB
Color: Red
Engine: 2013-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 395hp 410lb/ft
Rep:69
USAF Long will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to USAF Long

My 2013 sits in my garage. I only have 5200 miles on the damn thing. Its not sitting because its broken though. I just have been driving my 91 GMC Sierra to keep the miles on my Hemi low. This is the first new vehicle I've ever owned and I don't want to rack the miles up on it. My GMC is on its 2nd engine and just had the trans rebuilt. Its got 235k miles on it or something like that I don't even care because I drive it everywhere.

The only issue I've noticed with my Ram is sometimes when I turn on or off the cruise control, the mileage counter in the center screen goes away. I have to go into the menu and then select the screen I want again and it will come back. Strange, but I guess I can live with it as long as it isn't a sign of electrical issues to come.