DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - General Discussion > 2013 Dodge Ram Forum

Notices

2013 Dodge Ram Forum For specific discussion of the 2013 Dodge Ram!

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
United Radio
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 08-20-2013, 09:16 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2008 Dodge Charger Daytona
Rep:10
IH766 is on a distinguished road
Default Shopping for a 2013 2500 Longhorn

Hi Folks,

I'm new to this site and thought I would join as there are some really good topics on here!

I'm shopping for a Ram 2500 Longhorn - loaded. As far as I'm concerned, GM has a long way to go to impress me (and I'm a former GM owner) when it comes to anything comparable to the Longhorn. The Fords are very nice, but I want a diesel. I was warned away from a personal friend of mine (who's at a high level with Ford) from the Ford diesel as they still don't have it right. Even he said to go to a Ram!! As I'm not interested in a gasser, that knocks Ford out.

Right now there are some great incentives out there and it seems like a very good time to buy a 2013. Except for one thing: the exterior color!!!!!

Everything I'm finding within a 100 mile radius (using the Ram search site) is only in 4 colors: black (tons of them), white (tons of them again!), grey (a few), and deep red (very few).

For the money and what I'm looking for, I would at least like a color that appeals to me,as I keep my trucks for about 10 years. I really like the "western brown pearl". My question, is this: are the 2500 Longhorns even available in "western brown pearl", or just the basic colors I've seen?

Maybe it's just a case of all the nice colored ones being picked over long ago, so that's why the plainer looking ones are left over.

Are my observations wrong on this??

Many thanks in advance!!
Sponsored links