DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - General Discussion > Dodge Ram General Discussion

Notices

Dodge Ram General Discussion General Chat about the Ram. Please look for other categories to post specific questions in.

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 08-21-2013, 05:55 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2010 R/T RAM
Trim Level: R/T
Color: BLUE
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:263
will36 is a jewel in the roughwill36 is a jewel in the roughwill36 is a jewel in the rough
Default Anyone use carid for parts?

I set up a dealer account with them today. I got a hell of a deal on led lights and tube steps for 2013 police truck we are outfitting.

I hope all turns out well if so ill be loading my truck up with stuff @ cost .

So anyone deal with them? good /bad ???
Sponsored links
Old 08-21-2013, 08:35 PM

Vehicle: 2014 4x4 Regular Cab w/8ft bed
Trim Level: Tradesman 4x4
Color: White
Engine: 2013-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 395hp 410lb/ft
Rep:963
Gantman is a splendid one to beholdGantman is a splendid one to beholdGantman is a splendid one to beholdGantman is a splendid one to beholdGantman is a splendid one to beholdGantman is a splendid one to beholdGantman is a splendid one to beholdGantman is a splendid one to behold

I have ordered a couple parts from them in the past and can honestly say they have been really competitve in price and very fast in shipping.
Old 08-21-2013, 09:02 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Junior Member

Vehicle: 2013 Dodge Ram 1500
Trim Level: Laramie
Color: Black
Rep:60
ScoMo will become famous soon enough

I ordered my AFE Stage 2 intake from them a few weeks ago. Received it very quickly and had no issues at all.
Old 08-21-2013, 09:12 PM

Vehicle: 2013 sport crew
Trim Level: sport
Color: black
Rep:10
4sport is on a distinguished road

I have had a horrible first experience ( and last ) with them. I ordered a set of running boards that were $ 330 plus $ 92 freight to Canada, I asked if there were to be any additional charges and was assured there was no duty because the boards were made in the usa, the only thing I would be responsible for was the sales tax on my end. got a call today from ups and said besides the $422 my visa has been charged I have an additional $169 plus tax for freight? and $57 plus tax for brokerage fees plus some other charge...just under $ 800 for $330 boards and CARID WON'T DO A THING ABOUT IT!!!!!
Old 08-21-2013, 10:59 PM
BULLYS PERFORMANCE

Vehicle: MOPAR
Rep:931
Bully's Performance is a splendid one to beholdBully's Performance is a splendid one to beholdBully's Performance is a splendid one to beholdBully's Performance is a splendid one to beholdBully's Performance is a splendid one to beholdBully's Performance is a splendid one to beholdBully's Performance is a splendid one to beholdBully's Performance is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4sport View Post
I have had a horrible first experience ( and last ) with them. I ordered a set of running boards that were $ 330 plus $ 92 freight to Canada, I asked if there were to be any additional charges and was assured there was no duty because the boards were made in the usa, the only thing I would be responsible for was the sales tax on my end. got a call today from ups and said besides the $422 my visa has been charged I have an additional $169 plus tax for freight? and $57 plus tax for brokerage fees plus some other charge...just under $ 800 for $330 boards and CARID WON'T DO A THING ABOUT IT!!!!!
That seems a bit high we ship to Canada every day with landed costs and as we do pre collect these fees so you don;t have to worry about it at the door I have never seen any that high before, it almost (don't quote me as I am not a rep for that company and don;t know the details) appears they were sent freight collect where the carrier collects the shipping when delivered, and that they were over valued raising the taxes/duties, and then when you do freight collect they have to charge taxes on the shipping as well.

I am sorry about your situation and hope it gets corrected.

ALSO Feel free to PM us, OR post in our Vendor Section for quotes/questions/assistance!
July Blowout Sale! 10% over cost and free shipping on any and all in stock items!
Old 08-21-2013, 11:08 PM

will36 is a jewel in the roughwill36 is a jewel in the roughwill36 is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4sport View Post

Sorry to hear that. It sucks to live in the great white north. I have a friend I used to send stuff he could not get there. They would tear his head off sometimes. Do like we did. Have a connection here to buy it. Then ship it to you for "repairs" . Kind of like the AR & AK mag "repair kits"

I got a smoking deal on the led bars. Ill be able to mark them up 35 % and still be a deal for my customer.
Old 08-22-2013, 08:56 PM

Vehicle: 2013 sport crew
Trim Level: sport
Color: black
Rep:10
4sport is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bully's Performance View Post
That seems a bit high we ship to Canada every day with landed costs and as we do pre collect these fees so you don;t have to worry about it at the door I have never seen any that high before, it almost (don't quote me as I am not a rep for that company and don;t know the details) appears they were sent freight collect where the carrier collects the shipping when delivered, and that they were over valued raising the taxes/duties, and then when you do freight collect they have to charge taxes on the shipping as well.

I am sorry about your situation and hope it gets corrected.
thank you bully's performance, I called carid and ups customs and that is the charge. carid told me I could return/cancel the boards but I would still loose the freight charges, I have ordered many many times from the us and am familiar with all the charges but have never experienced anything like this. once again thanks and I still have a lot of purchases remaining for this truck so I will be in touch.
Old 08-23-2013, 07:59 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: .
Rep:4362
Asur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond repute

Look into places like this, apparently its cheaper to go through them, not sure never tried it but had read that there are a few places like this that are popping up, best to do you research first, like anything, they are competing against each other. Here is one link but google "USA address to ship to canada" and check out what pops up

here is one that I found

http://www.shipito.com/?gclid=CL6B2c...FcqZ4Aod-Q4AQA
Old 08-26-2013, 11:38 PM

Well I got everything today as ordered little over a grand worth of stuff it was all there and undamaged. The price was spot on for a vendor.

I can get all my parts @ cost.
Old 08-27-2013, 02:11 AM

Vehicle: 2013 Ram 1500
Trim Level: ST/Express
Color: Mineral Gray
Rep:113
Billacuda will become famous soon enoughBillacuda will become famous soon enough

I ordered some tow mirrors from them and they shipped from Ohio. 2 days later someone tried to use my same Visa in Chicago which I've never been to. Won't be ordering from them again.