DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Help Zone - Dodge Ram Problems, Complaints, & Solutions - Maintenance & Re > Dodge Ram Detailing and General Maintenance Forum > Oil Change

Notices

Oil Change Ready to change the oil in your Dodge Ram? Engine -Trans - Differential - Transfer Case

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
United Radio
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 09-05-2013, 10:35 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2013 Ram 1500 Quad Cab, 8sp
Trim Level: BigHorn. RamBox
Color: Black
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:210
OldJoe has a spectacular aura aboutOldJoe has a spectacular aura aboutOldJoe has a spectacular aura about
Default cilajet...Snake Oil?

New to the forum. Just picked up my brand new Ram1500 Quad Cab in Black. Salesman was really beating me up about this sealant called "cilajet" and I was adamant about no way was I spending another $799 on paint sealant. When the truck was brought around to us after the dealer prep, the detail guy in the shop was nothing but glowing about the treatment.My question is, has anyone had personal experience with the product? Black is such a pain in the butt to keep up with, but $800 buys a lot of Black Wax. Any feedback?
Sponsored links
Old 09-05-2013, 10:40 PM
Join the Dark Ram Side!

Vehicle: 2013 Ram 1500 Quad Cab 4x4
Trim Level: Sport
Engine: 2013-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 395hp 410lb/ft
Rep:1534
DarthRam has a brilliant futureDarthRam has a brilliant futureDarthRam has a brilliant futureDarthRam has a brilliant futureDarthRam has a brilliant futureDarthRam has a brilliant futureDarthRam has a brilliant futureDarthRam has a brilliant futureDarthRam has a brilliant futureDarthRam has a brilliant futureDarthRam has a brilliant future

When I bought my truck (Black also) they told me about a paint sealant. Not sure what kind it was. I say told because the guy actually talked me out of it. Apparently, I would need to go in once a year to have them buff and treat the sealant. Since I lived 3 hours away that wasn't feasible. My point is I don't think the sealants are a one time deal. Yes, $799 is a lot of money.
Magnaflow 14" Custom Install Bilstein 5100s Front Only Set at 2.8" Vararam Air Grabber Cravenspeed Stubby Antenna Dee Zee Tailgate Assist Billet Technology "The Punisher" Shift Knob Debadged doors and tailgate Plasti Dipped HEMI Badge The Punisher Grille and Tailgate Badges Exterior Chrome Delete 20" XD Series 795 Hoss LT305/55R20 Nitto Trail Grappler M/T Cabin Air Filter BAKFlip Roll-X Tonneau Cover
Old 09-05-2013, 11:35 PM

Vehicle: 2010 Hemi Ram
Color: Brilliant Black
Rep:38
knobert is on a distinguished road

I wonder when the power of the Internet is going to kill these car dealer scams? They've got to know that almost anyone can now search for info on thier phones and come up with 3 to 5 articles saying ya or nay on pretty much anything
Old 09-06-2013, 10:22 PM

Vehicle: 2013 Ram RT
Trim Level: RT
Color: Steel Blue Metallic
Rep:136
ValleyRacer will become famous soon enoughValleyRacer will become famous soon enough
Default Salesman Bamboozling another customer

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldJoe View Post
New to the forum. Just picked up my brand new Ram1500 Quad Cab in Black. Salesman was really beating me up about this sealant called "cilajet" and I was adamant about no way was I spending another $799 on paint sealant. When the truck was brought around to us after the dealer prep, the detail guy in the shop was nothing but glowing about the treatment.My question is, has anyone had personal experience with the product? Black is such a pain in the butt to keep up with, but $800 buys a lot of Black Wax. Any feedback?
This year it's Cilajet, next year "Crispy Spring", next year 5-in-one Ultra Sealant - money in their pockets.

Do as I do, just find time to keep your truck waxed. If you wax your truck just once a month, even with just ordinary turtle wax, you can have it done in 1.5 hours of light manual labor.
If you keep up on the paint, it's easy to wax the whole truck or car
Old 09-06-2013, 11:50 PM

Vehicle: 2013 ram 1500
Trim Level: Big Horn
Rep:73
mids will become famous soon enough

If you are interested in producs that do what was offering, look into CQuartz or opti-coat 2.0. They are proven performers, and cost way less than what the dealer wanted to charge you.
Old 09-07-2013, 09:44 AM

Vehicle: 2014 Ram 1500 4x4 CC
Color: Maximum Steel Metallic
Rep:38
ILuvaMyTrucka is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by mids View Post
If you are interested in producs that do what was offering, look into CQuartz or opti-coat 2.0. They are proven performers, and cost way less than what the dealer wanted to charge you.
Couldn't agree more. Instead of paying the dealer I chose to do optimum opti-coat 2.0.

The process of preparing your truck for the coating is a little lengthy but well worth it. And when you do it yourself you know it is done right.

The crazy thing is you only get 20cc of this stuff for your whole truck. I never thought I would have enough but after doing my whole truck I had 11cc left. I just did the paint so far. Gonna do the rest of the chrome and wheels when I get time.

I got all my products from primo spaghetti who is one of our forum experts on here.

Here is a link to the product on his site:

http://www.oldetownautospa.ca/Optimu...20cc_p_44.html
Old 09-07-2013, 11:01 AM
"Just living the dream"

Vehicle: 2013 Dodge Ram Longhorn
Trim Level: Longhorn Rambox
Color: Prairie Pearl / White Gold Trim
Rep:1634
Chunkem has a brilliant futureChunkem has a brilliant futureChunkem has a brilliant futureChunkem has a brilliant futureChunkem has a brilliant futureChunkem has a brilliant futureChunkem has a brilliant futureChunkem has a brilliant futureChunkem has a brilliant futureChunkem has a brilliant futureChunkem has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILuvaMyTrucka View Post
Couldn't agree more. Instead of paying the dealer I chose to do optimum opti-coat 2.0.

The process of preparing your truck for the coating is a little lengthy but well worth it. And when you do it yourself you know it is done right.

The crazy thing is you only get 20cc of this stuff for your whole truck. I never thought I would have enough but after doing my whole truck I had 11cc left. I just did the paint so far. Gonna do the rest of the chrome and wheels when I get time.

I got all my products from primo spaghetti who is one of our forum experts on here.

Here is a link to the product on his site:

http://www.oldetownautospa.ca/Optimu...20cc_p_44.html
I would not hesitate and contact Primo....I would PM him....He is the resident expert and can provide you with a ton of info....

Good luck...

Ed

Enjoy RamForumZ? Support your forum and become a SITE SUPPORTER today!

Please be sure you understand the Ram ForumZ RULES

"MOST OF ALL HAVE FUN AND ENJOY THE SITE"