DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Help Zone - Dodge Ram Problems, Complaints, & Solutions - Maintenance & Re > 4TH Generation Dodge Ram 2009+ Dodge Ram Trucks > Powertrain > 4.7L (287 cu in) PowerTech V8 Specific Topics

Notices

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
United Radio
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 08-03-2013, 04:32 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2010 4.7l v8 4x4
Trim Level: SLT
Color: Black
Engine: 2008-20?? 287ci (4.7L) PowerTech V8 310hp 330lb/ft
Rep:160
Astartes has a spectacular aura aboutAstartes has a spectacular aura about
Default Oil change? Check Trans fluid? Check ...

Now it says service 4wd After my adventure of submerging my truck. What should I do to self remedy this? I mean i am at the point where I am afraid to drive the damn thing after the trans fluid change. (which came out milky white and red)... At first I thought the transmission pan was over heating I almost had a heart attack. Then I noticed a ton of trans fluid on the exhaust pipe just under it which had come out when i dropped the pan originally. but still unsure. I cleaned it up. Should I clean the front differential before I drive it? Or the coolant? I am about ready to just jump in it and give it a go, but I know its probably a bad idea
Greater love has no one than this, that a man lay down his life for his brothers. -John 15:13

My Mods
Sponsored links
Old 08-04-2013, 10:29 AM

Default It never ends... No power at all

It would appear this morning after waking up to go work on the truck its completely freaking useless. No power at all. I had to take the actual key out to unlock it. Got in and out of curiosity put the regular key in the ignition and twisted, NOTHING HAPPENED. Windows, nothing! Locks, NOTHING!!!!!!!!!!!! God damn it, this is turning into a night mare. Any ideas?
Greater love has no one than this, that a man lay down his life for his brothers. -John 15:13

My Mods
Old 08-04-2013, 10:47 AM

Vehicle: .
Rep:4371
Asur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond repute

Well that sucks, now as for why, hmmm, could be a ton of stuff, or something as simple as a corroded ground wire. You will have to start from the battery, check it, and then work your way through the system till you find whats not clicking. Best of luck.
Old 08-04-2013, 11:10 AM

Vehicle: .
Rep:4371
Asur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond repute

When you emptied your tranny was it nice and red fluids or was it white / pink, if it was all red you should be good to change the filter and add back some fluids, if it was not, then you will need to flush out everything, even the torque converter. Best is get someone who as done this before, I never did it and you might need to bring it in to have that done.
Old 08-04-2013, 11:18 AM

Vehicle: 2013
Trim Level: Express
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:116
jerseymike will become famous soon enoughjerseymike will become famous soon enough

Yeah sounds like a short causing a slow drain. Most likely from getting wet. I would charge the battery and if it starts go for a long drive to dry everything out or you could let it sit for a few days to dry out but I don't have that kind of patience. Good luck.
Old 08-04-2013, 11:26 AM
Former Senior Member

Vehicle: 95
Trim Level: Cloaking
Engine: 1994-2001 318ci (5.2L) Magnum V8 220hp
Rep:1776
Warlock III has a brilliant futureWarlock III has a brilliant futureWarlock III has a brilliant futureWarlock III has a brilliant futureWarlock III has a brilliant futureWarlock III has a brilliant futureWarlock III has a brilliant futureWarlock III has a brilliant futureWarlock III has a brilliant futureWarlock III has a brilliant futureWarlock III has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to Warlock III Send a message via Yahoo to Warlock III

I'd check the starter and see if it has water trapped inside of it. It could easily cause a short and drain the battery.
Old 08-04-2013, 11:29 AM

its charging right now from my mustang.... its just beeping and has left turn signal on?????....

My Mods
Old 08-04-2013, 11:32 AM
Former Senior Member

Vehicle: 95
Trim Level: Cloaking
Engine: 1994-2001 318ci (5.2L) Magnum V8 220hp
Rep:1776
Warlock III has a brilliant futureWarlock III has a brilliant futureWarlock III has a brilliant futureWarlock III has a brilliant futureWarlock III has a brilliant futureWarlock III has a brilliant futureWarlock III has a brilliant futureWarlock III has a brilliant futureWarlock III has a brilliant futureWarlock III has a brilliant futureWarlock III has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to Warlock III Send a message via Yahoo to Warlock III

Doh! The power distribution box is on the left front, right?

That's the part of the truck that went the deepest.

I'd look there and start pulling and shaking the relays (listen for water). Make sure there's no water causing connections from sitting under the relays. Maybe unbolt it and dry it real good.
Old 08-04-2013, 11:36 AM

I did negative on bad battery grounded, positive to postive bad battery, and positive positive negative negative good battery, turned the mustang on, waited.... the truck was blinking, and then it just stopped. tried to turn it on, nothing.

My Mods
Old 08-04-2013, 11:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warlock III View Post
Doh! The power distribution box is on the left front, right?

That's the part of the truck that went the deepest.

I'd look there and start pulling and shaking the relays (listen for water). Make sure there's no water causing connections from sitting under the relays. Maybe unbolt it and dry it real good.
not sure, you got a picture of the box and what wires i should be messing with?

My Mods