DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Help Zone - Dodge Ram Problems, Complaints, & Solutions - Maintenance & Re > 4TH Generation Dodge Ram 2009+ Dodge Ram Trucks > Body & Interior

Notices

Body & Interior 4th Gen Dodge Ram Body & Interior Problems and Questions.

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 09-10-2013, 02:22 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Junior Member

Vehicle: 2009 Dodge Ram
Trim Level: Laramie
Color: Red
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:10
NewfoundlandRam is on a distinguished road

My '09 has rust spots: Over the front chrome bumper, the top right corner of my tailgate is begining to rust, and the passenger side lower corner of my box has surface rust.
Old 09-10-2013, 08:53 PM

Trim Level: Sport
Color: Graphite
Rep:72
simonmw75 will become famous soon enough

I'm dealing with a rust claim right now. Above the left rear wheel there are about 6 bubbles in the paint. Since it is an outer body panel, it should be covered under the 5 year corrosion warranty. Submitted a claim thru Chrysler and they said it wasn't covered. Some desk jockey looks at pictures and determines the fate of your truck. Since i know that this rust was not due to a nick, scratch, or dent, i knew it should be covered. Had to contact the local Chrysler rep to have it evaluated, and he agreed that it should be covered. He was the one that told me that the "desk jockies" more than likely have no idea what the differences between corrosion mechanisms are.
Old 09-16-2013, 10:30 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2014 ram sport crewcab rambox
Color: black
Rep:346
crusher is a jewel in the roughcrusher is a jewel in the roughcrusher is a jewel in the roughcrusher is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebluegoat View Post
Mine is a 2011 and just noticed today that the paint is bubbling on the front passenger side fender. About 17 little bubbles.
mine did it too but on driver side, went to the dealer and turns out they were a recall for it,.

they change the fender, hope this help
Old 10-10-2013, 06:22 PM

Vehicle: 2009 DODGE RAM Hemi
Trim Level: SLT
Color: White
Rep:36
SIC09 is on a distinguished road

Sorry for the delay guys!, ended up getting a hit and run so had to deal with that before i could start dealing with my paint issue.

anyways, ive seen the dealership, the body shop and talked to Chrysler. Chrysler started a case for me, they said that my truck comes with a 100K mile - 6 year warranty for that kind of stuff. so the dealership took pictures and submitted it. The body shop wrote up the estimate ($3700) for the full de-trim and re paint. I should be hearing back about the approval within 1-2 weeks. Chrysler was much more help full then the dealership, cause the dealership 1st said they wont do anything about it since its over 35K miles. (i currently have 55K).

Here's is what i have on my truck, the body shop appraiser said she never seen that before, so she had to get the manager. They said its under the clear coat. which why it falls under the warranty Chrysler says i have on the truck.

if anyone else has this i recommend calling them. i have this over every painted panel on the truck. i hood has the least and the tailgate has the most. nothing on the inside door sills, or bumpers, ect.
Old 10-10-2013, 07:04 PM

Trim Level: Laramie
Color: Brilliant Black
Rep:75
09HemiCrew will become famous soon enough

I had a new box side replaced under warranty on my 09 for a little spot of rust.
Old 12-15-2013, 08:34 AM

Vehicle: 2013 Ram quad
Color: gray
Rep:321
bartlett is a jewel in the roughbartlett is a jewel in the roughbartlett is a jewel in the roughbartlett is a jewel in the rough

I detailed and waxed my new 13 for the first time and am amazed at how bad the paint is. there is nibs of dirt in the paint all over the place. Not to mention Im a hot rod/paint guy and every time I look at the truck I want to wet sand all the orange peel out of it. oh well its a truck and all the new junk is this way ..
Old 12-22-2013, 02:41 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2014 Ram 1500 SXT Quad 4X4
Trim Level: SXT
Color: Defective/Black
Rep:10
RambunctiousOne is on a distinguished road

Just found overspray on my new 2014, but overspray on the HEMI badge and drivers side Rim???
Hood looks like it did not have enough clearcoat or its more overspray, also "glue" below the HEMI badge and on drivers door, pathetic, even my 2011 Charger had defects galore on it, these Automotive Manf's need to be held accountable... oh wait, they will just wait for another taxpayer bailout and it all starts again