DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - General Discussion > 2013 Dodge Ram Forum

Notices

2013 Dodge Ram Forum For specific discussion of the 2013 Dodge Ram!

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 08-24-2013, 09:44 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2013 1500, CC/6'4", Hemi/8 spd
Trim Level: Longhorn
Color: Flame Red
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:352
DAA is just really niceDAA is just really niceDAA is just really niceDAA is just really nice

Thanks fellas. Some pretty wise advice being given and I'll try to take it.

Especially this:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gantman View Post
Lastly, just breathe brother......
That's exactly what I'm trying to do this morning! I am going to check inventories online, Ford and Ram, and am going to initiate negotiations on a '14 order via email with a couple different dealers. But I'm trying to slow down and breathe enough to clear my head and proceed logically, not emotionally.

Quote:
Originally Posted by plumcrazy73 View Post
Order the 14 and see if it comes in before the 13

What sucks, is I watched guys on this forum do exactly that. They ordered '14s two, three months after I ordered my '13, and now they are taking delivery of them and I'm still getting the run around.

Anyway... The fun and good feelings on this deal have long ago left the building. It's just a death march of frustration and anger now. If I can find another way to go that suits me, I think I will. But, will try and remain clear headed enough about it that I don't end up cutting off my nose to spite my face...

- DAA
Sponsored links
Old 08-24-2013, 09:50 AM

DAA is just really niceDAA is just really niceDAA is just really niceDAA is just really nice

P.S.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTyankee View Post
maybe they fU%*Ked up again & are afraid to tell you

I wouldn't take that 2013 unless they paid me
This is what I suspect. They screwed up something, who knows what, AGAIN, and didn't have the nuts to be honest with me.

And, yes, at this point, they WILL have to pay me, but, I'm going to try and be open to that. They had already knocked another kilobuck off the original deal and threw in a free Mopar lifetime max care before this. They'll need to come back even more from invoice now though.

- DAA
Old 08-24-2013, 10:32 AM

Vehicle: 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT8
Rep:3883
Grubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond repute

Have you searched dealership's in-stock inventory nationally for something on the lot?

Grub out!
Old 08-24-2013, 10:35 AM

Vehicle: 2013 Ram 1500 Crew
Trim Level: Outdoorsman
Color: True Blue Peal/Mineral Gray
Rep:92
dawoodsman will become famous soon enough

Man the ecoboosts were sure attractive to me but all the problems they have and their complexity for service down the line spooked me off of even driving one when I was shopping. Then I saw real world MPG exp. wasn't up to sticker too. The way I look at it engine and tranny are your biggest ticket items and the ones that can most paralyse you. I don't want to take a chance on them. Give me a stable hemi over the ecoboost anytime! Of course while I say that my fingers are crossed that the 8 speed tranny holds up as well as the electric steering.
Old 08-24-2013, 12:18 PM

Vehicle: 2014 Ram 1500
Trim Level: Laramie Limited 6'4"
Color: Black
Rep:30
astonius is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by dawoodsman View Post
Man the ecoboosts were sure attractive to me but all the problems they have and their complexity for service down the line spooked me off of even driving one when I was shopping. Then I saw real world MPG exp. wasn't up to sticker too. The way I look at it engine and tranny are your biggest ticket items and the ones that can most paralyse you. I don't want to take a chance on them. Give me a stable hemi over the ecoboost anytime! Of course while I say that my fingers are crossed that the 8 speed tranny holds up as well as the electric steering.
ZF makes a rock solid transmission. That's why so many luxury and high-end car makers go with them. I have more faith in the reliability of the 8-speed ZF than the 6-speed. German engineering!
Old 08-24-2013, 10:21 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2012 Ram 1500 4WD Quad Cab
Trim Level: Sport
Rep:2538
Hermes1 has a reputation beyond reputeHermes1 has a reputation beyond reputeHermes1 has a reputation beyond reputeHermes1 has a reputation beyond reputeHermes1 has a reputation beyond reputeHermes1 has a reputation beyond reputeHermes1 has a reputation beyond reputeHermes1 has a reputation beyond reputeHermes1 has a reputation beyond reputeHermes1 has a reputation beyond reputeHermes1 has a reputation beyond repute

Well you have been through the mill, I feel for ya. I agree with others look for or order a 14 and I would be looking for a different dealer. IMHO I would stay away from the Ecoboost, you might be jumping from the frying pan into the fire as they have had a ton of issues. But you gotta do what you gotta do. Best of luck which ever way you go.
Old 08-25-2013, 09:53 AM

I am trying to stay away from the EB. But, it's looking like if I want a crew cab and a 6'4" bed anytime soon, I might not have any choice. Can find SCREW EB's w/6.5' beds on the lots, can't find a CC/6'4" Ram anywhere.

That said, the EB's I'm finding aren't equipped quite as nice as I'd like either, unless I get the Platinum, which aside from not liking how it looks, starts getting pretty spendy.

The EB guys say the same thing about Rams though - "look on the Ram boards at all the problems they are having". Because guys don't get on the boards to report how boringly perfect their trucks have been. But of the half dozen guys I know who own EB's, none of them have had any trouble, they all love their trucks. And my next door neighbor works for a very large contractor and is in charge of a fleet of about 50 1/2 ton work trucks, about half of which are EB's. He uses the most up to date computerized tracking to follow every fart, sniffle and whimper of his fleet to track every last penny of cost of ownership, he says the EB's have been the best 1/2 tons he has ever run in the work fleet.

So... I know that the EB's do in fact have their problems, but from the guys I know around here actually running them, it isn't something I'm worried about.

The crappy 3/36 warranty and the higher purchase price though - now those worry me!

End of the day, I just like the Ram better too. Like the Ram boxes. Like how easy it is to fit up to 35" tires without ruining the factory suspension. Like the interiors. Wish my dealer hadn't decided to break it off in my hind end...

- DAA
Old 08-25-2013, 09:54 AM

Vehicle: 2012 Ram 1500 CC 4X4
Trim Level: Big Horn
Color: Silver
Rep:83
SFVDOC will become famous soon enough

I had something similar happen to me a number of years ago. I ordered a 1978 chevy camaro Z/28. Made the deal, gave the dealer my deposit and waited and waited. After having no luck trying to get answers on the phone I went to the dealer in person. I got one story after another. Told them this was BS and to give me my deposit back, I'm done here. Come to find out later they sold the car I ordered to someone else that "had to have it" when they saw it being driven off the truck. Car dealers are unscrupulous as hell and I haven't ordered a vehicle since that experience back in '78. Hope something works out for you.
Old 08-25-2013, 11:09 AM

Vehicle: 2013 1500 Ram CC
Trim Level: Laramie
Color: Mineral Gray
Rep:117
KJ48 will become famous soon enoughKJ48 will become famous soon enough

After owning a '13 EB screw I would be careful. Ram radio and paint issues pale in comparison to the truck shutting off on you - one thing any new car or truck should do is move under its own power when needed

The Ford had some things I liked, the HID headlights, telescopic wheel, the flat rear floor and a couple other things. The radio was a disaster though, but it did light up at least But there was a large list of other problems, AC not that great, steering knock over bumps, outside door handles, loose feeling drivers seat, seems like every common problem they have mine had.

I would look into the 6.2 in an F150 before an ecoboost, even the 5.0 if you arent planning on towing heavy. I went to the EB from a '12 hemi Ram and I was disappointed with both the power and mileage. Supposedly on the '13s they reduced performance some to try to decrease cylinder pressure/misfires, my '13 was a dog 95% of the time but when the stars aligned perfectly it was pretty quick and it towed well in the mountains - with pretty bad gas mileage though compared to my '12 Ram.. The EB is a great concept but its just not ready for the trucks yet IMO.

I'm sure there are 1000 'good' EB F150s to my one 'bad' one, didnt make me feel any better though and it was gone after 6000 miles. Shop wisely ad you can get a good deal on a new F150, only thing is you will have to get into the top level F150 trims to get a lot of the options the medium level Rams come with.