DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Mod Zone - Custom Dodge Ram Mods - Dodge Ram Performance > Custom Chassis - Drive Line - Suspension - Wheels and Tires - LEVELING

Notices

Custom Chassis - Drive Line - Suspension - Wheels and Tires - LEVELING Discuss anything related to Custom Dodge Ram Wheels, Tires, Brakes, Suspension Mods, Chassis Mods and Tuning, Towing options, Driveline, Differentials, Sway Bars, Lowering Springs, Strut Braces, etc.

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 08-27-2013, 05:17 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 13 Hemi Ram Sport
Rep:10
HeMi BosS is on a distinguished road
Default rim offset help

i have a 13 ram sport with a leveling kit and im wondering will 35 inch toyo mt fit without rubbing ?

and also im thinking of buying a fuel 2 piece rim and what offset would i need to buy ? does offset make tire stick out and not rub ?

advantage of 2 piece rim/1piece.. thanks.

tire- 35/12.5/22
rim- fuel nutz 2 piece 22 inch

i want the wheels to stick out about inch or 2
Sponsored links
Old 08-27-2013, 05:30 PM
Lifted Cummins Fanatic

Vehicle: 2012 Dodge Ram 3500 CCSB 4x4
Trim Level: Laramie Limited
Color: Mineral Grey Metallic
Engine: 2011-20?? 409ci (6.7L) Cummins Turbo Diesel 350hp 800lb/ft
Rep:1946
brandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant future

I'm not sure about the whole 1 pieces VS 2 piece rim thing as I've never dealt with them.... but I am pretty good when it comes to the offsets and wheel/tire set up.

I'm assuming you want a 9" wide rim. So a 22x9 0 offset with a 35x12.5 Toyo MT will stick out approximately 1.5" and give you the least chance of rubbing. In fact you shouldn't be rubbing at all. If you want to stick out a half inch further you can go to a 22x9 -12 offset. If you want to step up to a 22x10 -12 offset then you'll be sticking out about 2.5" but you will have a greater chance of rubbing.

How much of a leveling kit do you have? Bilsteins at 2.8" or a 2.5" spacer?

2012 Ram 3500 Laramie Limited Cummins Build Thread
8" BDS Long Arm Lift with Fox 2.0 Shocks | Dual Fox 2.0 Steering Stabilizer | 37x13.5 Toyo MT's | AMP Powersteps & Bedstep | Bakflip G2
EST 500 hp/1268 ft-lbs at FW | H&S MiniMaxx Custom Tuned | 4" Flo Pro Stainless TBE | Sinister EGR Delete | ARP 425 Head Studs | S&B Intake w/ Scoop
Guide to Leveling & Wheel and Tire Sizing for 06+ 4wd Ram 1500's
Old 08-27-2013, 06:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandonjansen View Post
I'm not sure about the whole 1 pieces VS 2 piece rim thing as I've never dealt with them.... but I am pretty good when it comes to the offsets and wheel/tire set up.

I'm assuming you want a 9" wide rim. So a 22x9 0 offset with a 35x12.5 Toyo MT will stick out approximately 1.5" and give you the least chance of rubbing. In fact you shouldn't be rubbing at all. If you want to stick out a half inch further you can go to a 22x9 -12 offset. If you want to step up to a 22x10 -12 offset then you'll be sticking out about 2.5" but you will have a greater chance of rubbing.

How much of a leveling kit do you have? Bilsteins at 2.8" or a 2.5" spacer?
its a spacer so im thinking its a 2.5 spacer because i made my dealer install the leveling kit in the price.

http://www.treaddepot.com/group/opmtl.html these are the tires

http://www.treaddepot.com/wheelsizes/nt2mb.html these are the rims

so which rims would i choose from the list its confusing me haha

im from the chilliwack area and i saw this website treaddepot and tires and rims are really cheap but what would you think of buying/installing them in the states and going over the border? if i would pay tax or duty would they still be cheaoer than buying them here ? the price would be around $3700 to get them installed in the states.

thanks for the help man.
so with a leveling kit the wheels shouldnt rub right ?

Last edited by HeMi BosS; 08-27-2013 at 06:49 PM.
Old 08-27-2013, 06:55 PM
Lifted Cummins Fanatic

brandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant future

K, well here's your problem with those wheels. The only ones in the proper bolt pattern (that I saw) for a Ram 1500 are 22x12 -44 offset which you aren't going to clear with just a leveling kit. It's way too wide. Plus I wouldn't run a 12.5 tire on a 12" wide rim. It looks ridiculous IMO.

I ordered my rims/tires from Bully's Performance and had them all shipped to Sumas, WA and then took them across the border myself. They shipped them fully mounted and balanced with TPMS sensors and then with the tax coming across the border I paid a total of about $3300. I would definitely recommend talking to them and getting a quote. Email either Andrew or Jeremiah at sales@bullysperformance.com.

If you do get wheels/tires installed in the states and come back across the line they probably will notice and you better declare it if they do. Otherwise you'll be in trouble. It's not worth the hassle to save a couple hundred bucks.

8" BDS Long Arm Lift with Fox 2.0 Shocks | Dual Fox 2.0 Steering Stabilizer | 37x13.5 Toyo MT's | AMP Powersteps & Bedstep | Bakflip G2
EST 500 hp/1268 ft-lbs at FW | H&S MiniMaxx Custom Tuned | 4" Flo Pro Stainless TBE | Sinister EGR Delete | ARP 425 Head Studs | S&B Intake w/ Scoop
Old 08-28-2013, 01:41 AM

Quote:
K, well here's your problem with those wheels. The only ones in the proper bolt pattern (that I saw) for a Ram 1500 are 22x12 -44 offset which you aren't going to clear with just a leveling kit. It's way too wide. Plus I wouldn't run a 12.5 tire on a 12" wide rim. It looks ridiculous IMO.

I ordered my rims/tires from Bully's Performance and had them all shipped to Sumas, WA and then took them across the border myself. They shipped them fully mounted and balanced with TPMS sensors and then with the tax coming across the border I paid a total of about $3300. I would definitely recommend talking to them and getting a quote. Email either Andrew or Jeremiah at sales@bullysperformance.com.

If you do get wheels/tires installed in the states and come back across the line they probably will notice and you better declare it if they do. Otherwise you'll be in trouble. It's not worth the hassle to save a couple hundred bucks.

alright,, would it be the same if i went down to 20 inch rims ?

also if it doesnt work my trucks mineral grey, do you know any nice rims that would work with it. the price doesnt really matter
Old 08-28-2013, 03:25 PM
Lifted Cummins Fanatic

Nope, even with a 20" rim you're still SOL unfortunately.

I really like the Fuel Kranks, they are similar to the Nutz but come in the proper sizes for a 1500. Check them out.

Old 08-28-2013, 09:25 PM

Quote:
Nope, even with a 20" rim you're still SOL unfortunately.

I really like the Fuel Kranks, they are similar to the Nutz but come in the proper sizes for a 1500. Check them out.
yea krank looks pretty nice,, but have you heard of americanforce wheels ? i came across them yesterday they look pretty sweet and expensive but could see if i would be able to get 22s or 20s.

here is 1 of them that i like..
http://www.americanforcewheels.com/elite-ss5

and also if i were to buy them i want them on my truck all year around so i woudl have to get black then right ?
Old 08-28-2013, 09:31 PM

Vehicle: 2011 RAM 1500
Trim Level: sport
Color: white
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:13
galfer is on a distinguished road

@Brandon.. you sold you truck?
Old 08-29-2013, 02:43 AM
Lifted Cummins Fanatic

I haven't heard of them before, but there is tons of brands out there now making good wheels. I'd say if you find ones you like go for it.... Brand isn't a huge deciding factor for me when it comes to wheels, the look is.

You could go chrome if you wanted to... You'll just have to keep up with cleaning them more often in the winter. Keep the salt and road grime off them as much as possible. But I would be doing that with either black or chrome if they're aftermarket. Again, I would go with whatever you like better.

galfer, yes I did... Replied to your post in my build thread

Old 08-30-2013, 04:56 PM

Quote:
I haven't heard of them before, but there is tons of brands out there now making good wheels. I'd say if you find ones you like go for it.... Brand isn't a huge deciding factor for me when it comes to wheels, the look is.

You could go chrome if you wanted to... You'll just have to keep up with cleaning them more often in the winter. Keep the salt and road grime off them as much as possible. But I would be doing that with either black or chrome if they're aftermarket. Again, I would go with whatever you like better.

galfer, yes I did... Replied to your post in my build thread

im probably gonna go with a 1 piece rim, but just so i know for sure im thinking about the xd rockstar 2 but would i be able to put on 22s ? and 35 toyos without rubbing?

heres the rockstar 2...

http://www.treaddepot.com/wheelsizes/roc2b.html

and thanks for the help man.