DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - General Discussion > 2014 Dodge Ram Forum

Notices

2014 Dodge Ram Forum For specific discussion of the 2014 Dodge Ram!

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
United Radio
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 09-02-2013, 12:00 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2013 RAM & 2014 RAM (ordered)
Trim Level: Laramie Limited(s)
Rep:20
JCC11 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yankee View Post
"you guys" didnt say it...I said it...and i agree with him....and it IS the most insightful and representative post re my customer service and VOTS experience during the order process....and, mainly, explains alot....otherwise THEYD FIX IT!!!!
I think some misunderstand my post. I was in no way bashing or demeaning RAM. It was more of a situational analysis. Once you understand the RAM model and know what you are dealing with, you are better able to structure a proper strategy to attack the problem you are having and achieve your goals.

In this case, call after call to RAM customer service, leading to nothing but high blood pressure and no answers, is probably is not the proper avenue to take. Understanding that RAM is just not in the business of solving our problems, but instead is funneling us to the dealer for solutions is good to know. It lets us focus our efforts, time, and strategies at the right target.

I'm not saying I like it, but it is what it is. I am certainly not trashing RAM.
Sponsored links
Old 09-02-2013, 10:28 AM

Vehicle: 2014 ram 1500 quad slt 4x2 b/h
Trim Level: SLT Big Horn
Color: Silver
Engine: 2013-20?? 220ci (3.6L) Pentastar 305hp 269lb/ft
Rep:40
Yankee is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCC11 View Post
I think some misunderstand my post. I was in no way bashing or demeaning RAM. It was more of a situational analysis. Once you understand the RAM model and know what you are dealing with, you are better able to structure a proper strategy to attack the problem you are having and achieve your goals.

In this case, call after call to RAM customer service, leading to nothing but high blood pressure and no answers, is probably is not the proper avenue to take. Understanding that RAM is just not in the business of solving our problems, but instead is funneling us to the dealer for solutions is good to know. It lets us focus our efforts, time, and strategies at the right target.

I'm not saying I like it, but it is what it is. I am certainly not trashing RAM.
And fwiw, i didnt take it as you were trashing "RAM"...RAM is a soulless thing that builds trucks...its is run by PEOPLE, who have their own agenda, and it certainly may not be the same as the end users. On the other hand, they CREATED the VOTS system...and are paying the salaries of the "phone answerers at "Customer Service"....both of those were put in place for what?? to feed the egos of their Corporate creators?? or to alledgedly provide access to their end users...they may have succeeded in the former, but screwed the pooch in the latter...

True, they may be just fine at answering SOME basic inquiries...IF they feel like it, if they remember their training, and so on...my experiences with them belies even that...and asking them to actually think, or do research, or switch systems and explain what they see is completely beyond them in most instances...

We've been thru this discussion before...at the "phase" most of us were and are at, asking them "where's my vehicle at in the production status" isnt the issue...you can find that boilerplate yourself...asking :whats taking so long" or "why is it hung up in D1"...is a much better question, and ones they have proven repeatedly unable to answer....

They laid this system, they can bloody well hatch it...

Im just dayumm glad i got mine, and after 300+ miles or so, so far so good. All Ive asked CS to explain is why i cant access 2014 RAMs yet on the "owners site"...one gal was completely off base...another simply said they havent programmed it to accept certain inquiries on 2014's yet....not bad, only took two shots to get to what is probably the correct answer...and second, snail mail me a copy of the REAL manual...lets see if they can manage that.
Old 12-06-2013, 10:58 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2014 Dodge Ram Sport HEMI
Trim Level: Sport Hemi
Color: Bright White
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:38
amendola2001 is on a distinguished road

I'm in canada and I have to agree with both sides. On one hand certain things they will take care of but others I think are just as important they don't. I'm not happy and don't think I will be in the end either with my 2014 sport hemi. I love dodge trucks but won't buy another as there warranty and service is a joke at both levels. All yes yes but no we can't because this. I mean these are 60000 trucks and should be near perfect. Just my .02 cents.
Old 12-07-2013, 10:50 AM

Vehicle: 2013 RAM 1500 Laramie
Trim Level: Laramie
Color: Cherry Red
Rep:465
Monster5601 is a glorious beacon of lightMonster5601 is a glorious beacon of lightMonster5601 is a glorious beacon of lightMonster5601 is a glorious beacon of lightMonster5601 is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by skytop View Post
I am weighing my decision to cancel my order and buy a different brand truck. I am NOT going to purchase a $56,000 truck and be given nothing but worthless vacuous lip service by customer support...
Entertaining rant only because your rant implies that another automotive manufacture will treat you differently once pushed against the wall.

I've bought many vehicles over the years from Detroit manufactures and I've had issues and every one has been addressed. My approach is different than yours, I document everything and then address legally, this is how you get their attention.

Trying to get attention using emotions is going to get you the door slam but then, you have already discovered that.
Old 12-07-2013, 11:21 AM

Vehicle: 2013 Ram Sport
Trim Level: Sport
Color: White
Rep:192
Judd McPherson has a spectacular aura aboutJudd McPherson has a spectacular aura about

My 2013 truck was bult with 3.21 gears instead of the ordered 3.55's. I addressed the problem with facts, not emotion. It took awhile, but I just ordered my 2014 that they are replacing my 2013 with at no charge. It took a lot of calls, a lot of printed information from me, and a little frustration along the way. What I didn't do is threaten to "never buy a Ram again". Frankly, I knew that the threat of losing me as a customer was not going to lead to an emergency board meeting at Chrysler for a "brain-storming session" on how to keep me as a customer. I have also had problems with Toyotas, and Chevys. The process was no better. They are manufacturers that deal in mass quantities of units sold. I hate to say it, but you are a lot more of a "number" with the big three manufacturers than you ever will be with a custom hot rod shop for example.

Attitude is everything when you deal with them. I don't know what the issue was with the Ram in question here, but try to find others on the forum that share your issue. Politely give Ram a list of people that they can contact with the same problem. I tried to get a few people to join in on my issue, and only had one taker out of the thousands on this forum. I am reaching out to him today to see if his issue was resolved as well. I am an attorney by trade and do an extensive amount of negotiating in my job. I was offering to let others coat-tail my claim free of charge.

For me, a free upgrade to a 2014 is enough to make me happy. Others were happy with an extended warranty. It was worth my extra time and hassle for the free upgrade to a 2014. Then there are those that are still complaining about Ram not doing what they DEMANDED as soon as they called. They are the ones that still have no resolution to their issue. Is the system perfect? Absolutely not. But don't expect Ram to replace your truck without having plenty of documentation and kissing a lot of A$$. The customer service reps are people too, and I promise they will respond better according to the way that they are talked to. I struck up a good-enough relationship with my rep that he called me one day about a cool accessory on his truck that he thought I would like to know about just based on our conversations about our trucks. You have control over the tone of the conversation from the minute that they answer your call. Choose the tone wisely :-)

Just my 2-cents...
Old 12-07-2013, 11:35 AM

Vehicle: 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT8
Rep:3883
Grubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond repute

Great to hear and brilliant post, Judd.

Glad it has and is working out for you, so please post some pics upon delivery.

Good to see you posting again.

Regards.

Grub out!
Old 12-07-2013, 11:43 AM

Vehicle: 2013 Ram Sport
Trim Level: Sport
Color: White
Rep:192
Judd McPherson has a spectacular aura aboutJudd McPherson has a spectacular aura about

Thanks, Grub. Been off of here for a little bit. My son was drafted into the NFL and we have been doing national tournaments and college visits with my high-school aged daughter for basketball. It has been a very busy (but blessed) summer and fall. With the chance to do mods on another new truck, I'll be surfing the forum again for awhile! I hope things are well with you. I will give you a call sometime.
Old 12-07-2013, 03:43 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2014 Ram on the ordering
Rep:10
heybigguy is on a distinguished road

A great topic. I have been a import owner since 2001. Last time I had a big 3 truck was then. I moved to a SUV after having trucks for many years. I'm back in the shopping mode for a new truck. What really worries me is the service/quality aspect. I have been totally spoiled by the experience at the service dept. of my imports and they are not high end vehicles I have owned either. Not to say you can't have nightmares with them But it was a huge reason I moved to buying an import. Service was like night and day. I buy a $50,000 truck and I expect it.
Old 12-07-2013, 04:00 PM

Vehicle: 2013 RAM 1500 Laramie
Trim Level: Laramie
Color: Cherry Red
Rep:465
Monster5601 is a glorious beacon of lightMonster5601 is a glorious beacon of lightMonster5601 is a glorious beacon of lightMonster5601 is a glorious beacon of lightMonster5601 is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by heybigguy View Post
A great topic. I have been a import owner since 2001. Last time I had a big 3 truck was then. I moved to a SUV after having trucks for many years. I'm back in the shopping mode for a new truck. What really worries me is the service/quality aspect. I have been totally spoiled by the experience at the service dept. of my imports and they are not high end vehicles I have owned either. Not to say you can't have nightmares with them But it was a huge reason I moved to buying an import. Service was like night and day. I buy a $50,000 truck and I expect it.
I work with the foreign makers also, they are no different at the corporate level, they are all publicly traded companies where the dollar rules. It is human nature, yelling, screaming, threatening, gets you no where (put yourself on the receiving end of a furious customer). Approach the issue from a business facet and you will get your issue resolved.

Dealers are another thing, I've been spoiled over the years by GM dealers, always well treated and issues promptly addressed, Ford, not so much but acceptable. My Chrysler dealer, wow, eye opening, didn't know a dealer could be so bad at customer service. I ended up going to a different Chrysler dealer and it was a complete change of attitude.
Old 12-07-2013, 04:32 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2014 Dodge Ram Sport HEMI
Trim Level: Sport Hemi
Color: Bright White
Rep:38
amendola2001 is on a distinguished road

Very good reply ! I have been very calm and professional at this point. I rant on here so I don't have to at the dealer. So far there working with me but we will see. I hope skytop and anyone with any dealer gets there trucks looked after no matter how big or small. Good luck all