DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - General Discussion > 2013 Dodge Ram Forum

Notices

2013 Dodge Ram Forum For specific discussion of the 2013 Dodge Ram!

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 08-28-2013, 07:48 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2013 Ram
Trim Level: SLT
Color: Black Baby
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:172
Yotaconvert has a spectacular aura aboutYotaconvert has a spectacular aura about

Mines been replaced and spent 11 out of its 31 days of ownership in the shop...also replaced my gauge cluster
-Flowmaster 40
-Bullydog Hemi GT
-MB Rims (cuz im cheap lol)
Sponsored links
Old 08-28-2013, 08:14 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Junior Member

Vehicle: 2014 RAM 2500
Trim Level: Laramie
Color: Silver
Engine: 2011-20?? 409ci (6.7L) Cummins Turbo Diesel 350hp 800lb/ft
Rep:133
BAB will become famous soon enoughBAB will become famous soon enough

I am waiting for the delivery of a 2014 RAM 2500 CC 4x4 w/Cummins (invoice was $61K). Before I ordered this truck I read pages and pages on this site. Despite my misgivings on some very basic quality issues (bad paint!) and a computer radio/nav/interface system that clearly had serious problems, I went ahead and ordered. I will use my truck to tow a 28' Airstream, and I think it'll be fine for that. The last American car I bought was in 1985. Why? Overall crappy quality, mediocre performance, and poor engineering of a flabby US car industry. I've had German, Japanese, and Italian. Right now I have an M-B, an Infiniti QX56, a Mini Cooper and an Italian exotic. They range in age from 2008 to 2012, and price from low 30's to $250K. None of them have had a significant mechanical or electronic issue. My "experiment" with a Truck of the Year happened only after reading all this stuff and asking the question, "do you really want to do this?" If my NAV system dropped off any of my cars and two different dealers were unable to take care of me I would feel exactly the same way as the OP. It sounds like there are WAY too many folks who have become apologists for poor QC on these trucks. If Chrysler/Fiat are reading this stuff (and they'd be stupid not to), they have a lot of work to do to better satisfy their customers. Oh, the customer is NOT always right, but the customer IS the customer and deserves to be heard and treated fairly. I don't think the OP was. Just my opinion.
Old 08-28-2013, 08:17 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2013 Dodge Ram
Trim Level: Laramie Longhorn
Color: Western Brown
Rep:10
RamHawk is on a distinguished road

Edge35, thank you for your support and positive thoughts. Sure I was venting a little because this is getting very frustrating. New technology someone said, please, some of this stuff been out for many years. Chrysler made the mistake of going with an operating system that's inferior to others by going with RIM (BlackBerry) for the radios. There's a reason their going out of business. Face it Ram pushed the release of these trucks too fast, to many bugs, shortage of parts, and dealerships that don't know how to correct the problems. Will I go back to GM...no I won't. This truck is still better looking and more refined than anything esle out there.
Old 08-28-2013, 08:32 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2013 1500 Ram CC
Trim Level: Laramie
Color: Mineral Gray
Rep:117
KJ48 will become famous soon enoughKJ48 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by RamHawk View Post
Edge35, thank you for your support and positive thoughts. Sure I was venting a little because this is getting very frustrating. New technology someone said, please, some of this stuff been out for many years. Chrysler made the mistake of going with an operating system that's inferior to others by going with RIM (BlackBerry) for the radios. There's a reason their going out of business. Face it Ram pushed the release of these trucks too fast, to many bugs, shortage of parts, and dealerships that don't know how to correct the problems. Will I go back to GM...no I won't. This truck is still better looking and more refined than anything esle out there.

Think RIM is a bad OS? Ford uses Microsoft and no kidding you get a windows error box right before the My Ford Touch melts down lol.
Old 08-28-2013, 10:25 PM

Vehicle: 2013 Ram 1500
Trim Level: Sport 4x4
Color: White
Rep:14
kev12345 is on a distinguished road

QNX is not the problem with uconnect. Lack of bug testing on chryslers part of the programming is the problem. It's pretty evident when every new software release has major issues.

I don't blame the OP for being frustrated with his truck. $50 g's is a lot of dough and like others have said, this ain't cutting edge tech. Our smartphones are much more advanced than uconnect. Chrysler needs to get their $hit together. No excuses.
Old 08-28-2013, 11:07 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2013 Volks GTI
Color: Blue
Rep:10
RamItNow is on a distinguished road

I'm a lurker here and read most of the threads in the 13' section. I currently have a VW GTI and it has a DSG tranny...I know the 06-10's with DSG had massive issues and after a while VW stepped up gave everyone a 100k warranty or lifetime on their DSG's due to timing/clutches burning etc. I now have a 13' GTI and the DSG is 95%. I say this because there are some weird situations at times but for the most part it isn't broke and hasn't stranded me yet. Give the new tech and first gen some time and kinks will be worked out. Granted I would be pissed too with issues, more so the paint than mechanical but what can you do. I'd say go the more polite route with the dealer, get regional involved and sit down and hammer stuff out. Hell bring in your sales sheet and throw it down and be like look I paid this much for a new truck etc, NEW, not used, not 90% assembled comes with broken sh*t...NEW. Maybe it'll get the point across a little better when they physically see why you are mad etc.
Old 08-29-2013, 12:08 AM
God Bless Texas!

Vehicle: 2005 Ram 1500
Trim Level: Lonestar QC
Color: White
Engine: 2002-2007 287ci (4.7L) PowerTech V8 235hp 295lb/ft
Rep:2918
RogerRamJet has a reputation beyond reputeRogerRamJet has a reputation beyond reputeRogerRamJet has a reputation beyond reputeRogerRamJet has a reputation beyond reputeRogerRamJet has a reputation beyond reputeRogerRamJet has a reputation beyond reputeRogerRamJet has a reputation beyond reputeRogerRamJet has a reputation beyond reputeRogerRamJet has a reputation beyond reputeRogerRamJet has a reputation beyond reputeRogerRamJet has a reputation beyond repute

I think the OP was pissed, rightfully so, and just wanted to vent to his Ram buddies. Sometimes we just need to listen. Yeah, that's it, just listen. Let our brethren, or sisteren, vent and get it off their chest.

Sorry to hear about your troubles, RamHawk. I hope you get the nav system fixed and working to your liking so you can boast about your beast.
Old 08-29-2013, 01:01 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2013 Dodge Ram 1500
Trim Level: Express QuadCab 4x4
Color: True Blue Pearl
Rep:44
GEOPYR8 is on a distinguished road
Wow! This has been quite the read. I feel sorry for all with issues with their trucks. I'm glad I've had a trouble free truck. OP hope you get your truck fixed to your satisfaction!
Old 08-29-2013, 07:11 AM

Vehicle: 2010 4.7l v8 4x4
Trim Level: SLT
Color: Black
Engine: 2008-20?? 287ci (4.7L) PowerTech V8 310hp 330lb/ft
Rep:160
Astartes has a spectacular aura aboutAstartes has a spectacular aura about

Not all rams are like this....
Greater love has no one than this, that a man lay down his life for his brothers. -John 15:13

My Mods