DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Help Zone - Dodge Ram Problems, Complaints, & Solutions - Maintenance & Re > 4TH Generation Dodge Ram 2009+ Dodge Ram Trucks > Electrical

Notices

Electrical 4th Gen Dodge Ram Electrical Problems and Questions.

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
United Radio
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 04-14-2013, 06:33 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2013 Ram 1500 Express
Trim Level: Express
Color: Copperhead Pearl
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:10
shinatoo is on a distinguished road
Default 5.0 radio stopped working after 50 miles

Hello, first post, first new car (whoo!), 2013 1500 Express with 5.0 radio and Bluetooth. Radio worked fine after leaving dealer but around 55 miles the next time i started it up it locked up on the Ram Sirius XM logo screen and is completely unresponsive.

1. Is there anything I can do myself to get it working? I tried pulling fuses, hoping to reset the interface, but never found the one that controlled the radio interface.

2. I read somewhere last night about a factory ship mode that needed to be reset before 50 miles, but for the life of me I can't find any more info.

3. I have an appointment at the dealer for the exterior/interior protection package to be applied. I want to be somewhat knowledgeable about the problem before I go up there.

But more than anything I just want to enjoy my new truck on a beautiful Sunday afternoon.
Sponsored links
Old 08-30-2013, 02:49 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Junior Member

Vehicle: 2014 Ram 1500 Lonestar
Trim Level: Lonestar
Color: Granite Crystal Metallic
Engine: 2013-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 395hp 410lb/ft
1stDodge is on a distinguished road

I have the exact same issue with my truck, got in it Wednesday morning no radio just the RAM head and the Sirius logo. I went to the dealer and he says leave it we will check it out, I said no I'll come back Friday (today) in the AM. So I get there today and all I get to hear is, we are booked solid, sorry.

So here I am 3 days no tunes, long weekend no tunes WTF??????

Anyone know what this issue is, do I need a new unit??

Last edited by 1stDodge; 08-30-2013 at 02:49 PM. Reason: Typo
Old 08-30-2013, 02:52 PM
BULLYS PERFORMANCE

Vehicle: MOPAR
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:931
Bully's Performance is a splendid one to beholdBully's Performance is a splendid one to beholdBully's Performance is a splendid one to beholdBully's Performance is a splendid one to beholdBully's Performance is a splendid one to beholdBully's Performance is a splendid one to beholdBully's Performance is a splendid one to beholdBully's Performance is a splendid one to behold

These damn radios have to be irritating a lot of owners. I don't even like reading about them anymore. I could only imagine how you guys feel

ALSO Feel free to PM us, OR post in our Vendor Section for quotes/questions/assistance!
Old 08-30-2013, 03:24 PM

It's a bunch of BS really, I knew there were issues with the NAVI units but never expected it with the 5.0 units. I'm sure MOPAR knows there are issues but continue to provide crap that will fail at some point in time. The kicker is, you can't even go after market unless you install some stand alone unit in another location...............I'm sure that would work but how would that look, defective stock unit and an aftermarket one hanging below the dash...........LOL..............no, it's not funny
Old 08-30-2013, 03:46 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2009 Dodge Ram 1500 2X4
Trim Level: quad cab SLT
Color: sunburst orange pearl
Rep:2615
GTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond repute

It does sound like the dealership has to take the radio out of the Shipping Mode
possibly someone has watched the process being done

Here is what i found online-
The 911 call button will be enabled when the vehicle is put into Customer Mode, or
after the vehicle has been driven approximately 50 miles.
NOTE: To get the vehicle out of ship mode, please refer to TechCONNECT, 04 -
Vehicle Quick Reference/New Vehicle Preparation
================================================== ====
The people with RA1 & RA2 radio ( not the 8.4 inch touch screen radios )

Check out the Crutchfield website, after market companies are now making radios & bezels for the 2013 Ram

http://axxessinterfaces.com/index.ph...roducts_id=202
http://www.amazon.com/Metra-XSVI-652...+xsvi-6523-nav

hopefully everything is there to make the radios & Nav work properly
Ram 1500 SLT Quad cab, 5.7 HEMI(R) MDS VCT, 5 speed auto 545RFE, 3.55 differential gears, 18" Magnaflow muffler, EGR bug deflector, Bushwacker fender flares, customized Nfab nerf bars, CB radio, Autonet wi-fi router, custom soft tonneau cover, Line_X bedliner, DEBO Step, build date 10/15/08 a Wednesday built vehicle

Last edited by GTyankee; 08-30-2013 at 03:50 PM.
Old 08-30-2013, 04:26 PM

Well I have had my truck since March, there were no signs of any issues with the radio. From one day to the next just stopped working, so there is no way that the radio is still in shipping mode.
Old 08-30-2013, 04:34 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2009 Dodge Ram 1500 2X4
Trim Level: quad cab SLT
Color: sunburst orange pearl
Rep:2615
GTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond repute

By the way
If you go to the Crutchfield website, they now have kits to replace the RA1 3.0 radio & the RA2 5.0 radio
Metra is making the Bezel
axxess is making the wiring interface

http://axxessinterfaces.com/index.ph...roducts_id=202
http://www.amazon.com/Metra-XSVI-652...+xsvi-6523-nav

there are no kits for the 8.4 radios yet
Ram 1500 SLT Quad cab, 5.7 HEMI(R) MDS VCT, 5 speed auto 545RFE, 3.55 differential gears, 18" Magnaflow muffler, EGR bug deflector, Bushwacker fender flares, customized Nfab nerf bars, CB radio, Autonet wi-fi router, custom soft tonneau cover, Line_X bedliner, DEBO Step, build date 10/15/08 a Wednesday built vehicle