DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - General Discussion > 2013 Dodge Ram Forum

Notices

2013 Dodge Ram Forum For specific discussion of the 2013 Dodge Ram!

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 08-29-2013, 02:59 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2009 Dodge Ram 1500 2X4
Trim Level: quad cab SLT
Color: sunburst orange pearl
Rep:2583
GTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond repute

Ford has never made a GOOD Automatic transmission
not even the heavy duty C6
when Ford started putting the Mustang 2 transmission in the Exploders to get rid of all of them that they made, flat irritated me
ask any transmission shop about them, they won't even warranty them for more then 30 days on a rebuild

Every brand of auto manufacturers has its DUDs

Personally i think the 2009 & newer Rams have the worst bucket seats for long distance driving & along with the bad tilt on the steering wheel, it must have been designed by a skinny short legged, short armed person
If you don't think so, try driving 600 + miles a day, as i often do
Monday i drove over 800 miles, Van Horn Texas to 20 miles East of San Diego, California
My back is sore, my feet & especially my knees are sore, my ass is sore, my shoulders are sore
that never happened in my '99 Chevy pickup
Ram 1500 SLT Quad cab, 5.7 HEMI(R) MDS VCT, 5 speed auto 545RFE, 3.55 differential gears, 18" Magnaflow muffler, EGR bug deflector, Bushwacker fender flares, customized Nfab nerf bars, CB radio, Autonet wi-fi router, custom soft tonneau cover, Line_X bedliner, DEBO Step, build date 10/15/08 a Wednesday built vehicle
Sponsored links
Old 08-29-2013, 03:47 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 1999 dodge ram 1500 4X4
Trim Level: SLT
Color: butterscoth gold metalflake
Engine: 1998-2001 360ci (5.9L) Magnum V8 245hp(standard), 250hp(Sport package)
Rep:10
dirt dauber is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradburyesqu View Post
I was going to post this in one of the issues threads, but I didn't want to single anyone out.

Reading through some of these threads really makes me think about how funny people are with cars. We make blanket comments with such a small sample size.

For instance my wife had a Hyundai when I first met her. I changed the Trani in that thing at 70k miles. By 90k miles the engine burnt up. It blow a seal and dropped oil on the highway and then ceased. I'll never own another Hyundai. My father has a newer Hyundai that he uses as a commuter and hasn't had a single issues. To him they are the greatest car manufacturer in the world. Who is right?

You will find people who have similar stories about every single car manufacturer. Someone gets a good car and they are sold for life, but just one bad car and it all changes and they are the worst car manufacturer on the planet.

I had Ford Bronco II that I drove when I was in my early 20's. I never changed to oil or serviced it in any way. I ran it into polls and got it stuck in sand more times then I can count. I took that car 350k miles with out an issue. I had an explorer later and the heads blew at 80k miles. Should I love Ford or hate them?

The truth is when you look at any manufacturer there is a failure rate on their items. It doesn't matter how much you spend on it things get missed. It sucks when it happens to you, but it doesn't signify a bad company.

All car manufacturers have about the same number of issues on new cars (if you look at large samples of data.) So running from one to another isn't going to be any more effective then changing cars in the same brand. Just my 2 cents.

this reminds me that over the years a lot of people don't get their automatic transmissons serviced at all the whole time they own their vehicles.

every year i get my transmissons/differentials serviced,but remember,a lot of people now barely remember ro put gas/diesel in their vehicles much less anything else!!!.
Old 08-29-2013, 06:59 AM

Vehicle: 2010 4.7l v8 4x4
Trim Level: SLT
Color: Black
Engine: 2008-20?? 287ci (4.7L) PowerTech V8 310hp 330lb/ft
Rep:160
Astartes has a spectacular aura aboutAstartes has a spectacular aura about

True story. But I will say it makes me nervous with how many problems I had with my charger...
Greater love has no one than this, that a man lay down his life for his brothers. -John 15:13

My Mods
Old 08-29-2013, 08:11 AM
God Bless Texas!

Vehicle: 2005 Ram 1500
Trim Level: Lonestar QC
Color: White
Engine: 2002-2007 287ci (4.7L) PowerTech V8 235hp 295lb/ft
Rep:2918
RogerRamJet has a reputation beyond reputeRogerRamJet has a reputation beyond reputeRogerRamJet has a reputation beyond reputeRogerRamJet has a reputation beyond reputeRogerRamJet has a reputation beyond reputeRogerRamJet has a reputation beyond reputeRogerRamJet has a reputation beyond reputeRogerRamJet has a reputation beyond reputeRogerRamJet has a reputation beyond reputeRogerRamJet has a reputation beyond reputeRogerRamJet has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTyankee View Post

Personally i think the 2009 & newer Rams have the worst bucket seats for long distance driving & along with the bad tilt on the steering wheel, it must have been designed by a skinny short legged, short armed person
If you don't think so, try driving 600 + miles a day, as i often do
Monday i drove over 800 miles, Van Horn Texas to 20 miles East of San Diego, California
My back is sore, my feet & especially my knees are sore, my ass is sore, my shoulders are sore
that never happened in my '99 Chevy pickup
I gotta agree with you on that one, Tom. But it's not just the Ram. I do a lot of traveling for work, and thus do a lot of car rentals. I get trucks when they are available. And I gotta say, none of the truck brands are very comfortable any more. Yet another reason why I love, and will keep, my 3rd gen Ram.
Old 08-29-2013, 08:28 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2013 Dodge Ram Sport
Trim Level: Sport
Color: Magnetic Grey
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:10
nofear18 is on a distinguished road

My thought may be different than most. When I buy a new vehicle, its a trust factor. Yes there is a warranty, but if I start having a problem here and a problem there, I start to not trust the truck. I've had my Ram since July 1st, luckily the only problem was a bad connection from the A.C. controls to the fan motor which made it so that there was no A.C. ( in the middle of suumer). The dealership fixed it. But with things like " the funny smell" that dealerships don't know about ( but we do), you start to wonder. Right now, I love my truck and I really hope it stays that way. Its not that " well I spent 50,000 so I should have no problems", its that I depend on it.
Old 08-29-2013, 12:37 PM

Vehicle: 2013 Ram 1500
Trim Level: Outdoorsmen
Color: Maximum Steel
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:60
bradburyesqu will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirt dauber View Post
this reminds me that over the years a lot of people don't get their automatic transmissons serviced at all the whole time they own their vehicles.

every year i get my transmissons/differentials serviced,but remember,a lot of people now barely remember ro put gas/diesel in their vehicles much less anything else!!!.
Those old Hyundai's had what they called a "non-serviceable transmission." No filter. No way to flush it. Instead they had a wire mess with a magnet beneath it to collect metal shavings. Over time you got so many shavings on the magnet that it stopped working and with no filter metal freely moved into the transmission. They gave out a lot. This is why Hyundai first started the 100,000 mile warranty. Some banks refused to finance them without it.

I've heard they made changes to the trany since then, but it was a mess.