DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Mod Zone - Custom Dodge Ram Mods - Dodge Ram Performance > Custom Dodge Ram - Complete Builds

Notices

Custom Dodge Ram - Complete Builds When you are modding everything on your Dodge Ram, this is the place to showcase the build.

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
United Radio
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 10-17-2013, 01:16 PM
Lifted Cummins Fanatic

Vehicle: 2012 Dodge Ram 3500 CCSB 4x4
Trim Level: Laramie Limited
Color: Mineral Grey Metallic
Engine: 2011-20?? 409ci (6.7L) Cummins Turbo Diesel 350hp 800lb/ft
Rep:1990
brandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant future

Ya that's one thing I was thinking about doing. Maybe down the road when I've done head studs and a few other performance mods I'll talk to Draconian again and see if he can send me a tune that will smoke a bit just for fun. Shouldn't be too hard to make that happen. Really all he would have to do is send me a tune with the same parameters as the standard hot tune that comes on the H&S.

For now I'd rather play it safe to keep my head gasket in tact as well as the rest of the engine. The street performance tune that I'm getting will give me about 125 HP and a couple hundred ft-lbs and is still safe to run on an otherwise stock truck. I figure those are some pretty good numbers for a DD. lol.

Haha, good stuff man! You'll be done sooner than you know it and have a Cummins of your own

Ya right now I'm thinking I'll be straight piping it. It will be 4" exhaust for sure as I like the raspy tone of it much better than a 5". I just don't know if a straight pipe is going to be too loud for the everyday highway driving that I do. I found an aFe turbo back kit that comes with a muffler and a delete pipe so I might end up getting that one so I have the option of both.

2012 Ram 3500 Laramie Limited Cummins Build Thread
8" BDS Long Arm Lift with Fox 2.0 Shocks | Dual Fox 2.0 Steering Stabilizer | 37x13.5 Toyo MT's | AMP Powersteps & Bedstep | Bakflip G2 | Mag-Hytec Rear Diff Cover | 5000K Morimoto HID's (lows and fogs)
H&S MiniMaxx Custom Tuned | 4" Flo Pro Stainless TBE | Sinister EGR Delete | ARP 425 Head Studs | 4.56 AAM/Yukon Gears | S&B Intake | Instagram: @brandonjansen
Guide to Leveling & Wheel and Tire Sizing for 06+ 4wd Ram 1500's
Sponsored links
Old 10-17-2013, 01:40 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2010 Dodge Ram 2500HD
Trim Level: Big Horn
Color: Mineral Gray Metallic
Engine: 2007-2011 409ci (6.7L) Cummins Turbo Diesel 350hp 650lb/ft
Rep:563
Iqudayo is a name known to allIqudayo is a name known to allIqudayo is a name known to allIqudayo is a name known to allIqudayo is a name known to allIqudayo is a name known to all

brandonjansen;
I was able to get sound clips of my truck with the EGR / Cooler and the DPF delete straight pipe and the Miny Maxx now I just have to figure out how to down load it so you guys can hear it. It sounds great deep roar exhaust break sound great. I will keep you posted.

HA, HA Your truck looks like mine.

To many mods to list ask and I shall give you all the information, and help I can.
Everything from outside to interior.
Old 10-17-2013, 01:47 PM
Lifted Cummins Fanatic

brandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iqudayo View Post
brandonjansen;
I was able to get sound clips of my truck with the EGR / Cooler and the DPF delete straight pipe and the Miny Maxx now I just have to figure out how to down load it so you guys can hear it. It sounds great deep roar exhaust break sound great. I will keep you posted.

HA, HA Your truck looks like mine.
Awesome! You could upload them to either youtube or photobucket and post the links here. You still have the stock down pipe with the cat on it right?

8" BDS Long Arm Lift with Fox 2.0 Shocks | Dual Fox 2.0 Steering Stabilizer | 37x13.5 Toyo MT's | AMP Powersteps & Bedstep | Bakflip G2 | Mag-Hytec Rear Diff Cover | 5000K Morimoto HID's (lows and fogs)
H&S MiniMaxx Custom Tuned | 4" Flo Pro Stainless TBE | Sinister EGR Delete | ARP 425 Head Studs | 4.56 AAM/Yukon Gears | S&B Intake | Instagram: @brandonjansen
Old 10-17-2013, 03:19 PM
Stickers add Horsepower

Vehicle: 2008 Dodge Ram 1500
Trim Level: SXT 4x4
Color: Silver/ Black
Engine: 2003-2008 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 345hp 375lb/ft
Rep:2793
Canadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandonjansen View Post
Ya that's one thing I was thinking about doing. Maybe down the road when I've done head studs and a few other performance mods I'll talk to Draconian again and see if he can send me a tune that will smoke a bit just for fun. Shouldn't be too hard to make that happen. Really all he would have to do is send me a tune with the same parameters as the standard hot tune that comes on the H&S.

For now I'd rather play it safe to keep my head gasket in tact as well as the rest of the engine. The street performance tune that I'm getting will give me about 125 HP and a couple hundred ft-lbs and is still safe to run on an otherwise stock truck. I figure those are some pretty good numbers for a DD. lol.

Haha, good stuff man! You'll be done sooner than you know it and have a Cummins of your own

Ya right now I'm thinking I'll be straight piping it. It will be 4" exhaust for sure as I like the raspy tone of it much better than a 5". I just don't know if a straight pipe is going to be too loud for the everyday highway driving that I do. I found an aFe turbo back kit that comes with a muffler and a delete pipe so I might end up getting that one so I have the option of both.
It is insane what a tune can do with a diesel.. Whole other level compared to the hemi tunes. Some great numbers for a DD.. Just wondering though.. Does the tuner still come with the standards tunes or only the custom tune?

And eithor way with the exhaust you can't go wrong. I will say do the straight pipe just because I just love loud.. But with hwy driving all the time, best first hear how they both sound before making the final choice.

And if all goes right with school and my plan, next september I will be out in Alberta on a fully paid co-op with all living and everything paid for 4-12 months at the oil fields. So then sometime in between there or after.. I am tracking down a 2010-2012 Cummins like yours.. Hopefully can find one with manual tranny and low KM's.. Then my play time will begin. Until then.. 6" lift and new headlights for my Hemi.
Tow mirrors up for the haters
Old 10-17-2013, 03:33 PM
Lifted Cummins Fanatic

Yes it definitely is a huge step up from gas tuning. When ordering a tuner from Draconian with custom tunes he has a library of tunes that you can pick from. There's probably around 12-14 different tunes plus he has modifiers that he can add to each tune. So the MiniMaxx will still display the tunes as stock, tow, street, and performance but the tunes that I have behind those will be custom. So I have mine set up like this:

Stock = custom mileage tune - 40hp
Tow = custom tow tune - close to stock
Street = custom street tune - 100hp
Performance = custom street performance tune - 125hp

Down the road I will add a big tire modifier to all my tunes to help it out once I add the 35's and then later on the 37's or 38's. I might also look into a higher performance tune (he has a number of ones that will run higher than 125hp) but I didn't want those right now without doing some other mods to be able to handle that power first. Draconian also has 2 sound modifiers that are fairly popular. One is the 12v sound and one is a lope tune. I opted not to get either of those as I think the lope tune is ridiculous and I'm not a huge fan of the 12v sound. I would have got it if I would have been something I could just add whenever I felt like it, but it would be locked to one of my tunes and I didn't want that. You can youtube Draconian Diesel and you'll find lots of sound clips of those.

Exactly. I'm definitely leaning towards the kit with the straight pipe and muffler. I'll run the straight pipe first and see how it is. If it's too loud or droney then I'll have to put the muffler on. Even with the muffler it will still be loud though. It's a straight through design muffler and is meant to eliminate drone more than anything.

Sweet man! That will be cool! I've thought about running out to Alberta for a year or two to make some good cash. I just don't know if it would be worth it for me over what I have here....
You should be able to find a Cummins out in Alberta no problem. TONS of guys have them out there, especially in the oil fields. It's just a matter of finding one that's in good shape.

Old 10-17-2013, 03:42 PM
Stickers add Horsepower

Canadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Yes it definitely is a huge step up from gas tuning. When ordering a tuner from Draconian with custom tunes he has a library of tunes that you can pick from. There's probably around 12-14 different tunes plus he has modifiers that he can add to each tune. So the MiniMaxx will still display the tunes as stock, tow, street, and performance but the tunes that I have behind those will be custom. So I have mine set up like this:

Stock = custom mileage tune - 40hp
Tow = custom tow tune - close to stock
Street = custom street tune - 100hp
Performance = custom street performance tune - 125hp

Down the road I will add a big tire modifier to all my tunes to help it out once I add the 35's and then later on the 37's or 38's. I might also look into a higher performance tune (he has a number of ones that will run higher than 125hp) but I didn't want those right now without doing some other mods to be able to handle that power first. Draconian also has 2 sound modifiers that are fairly popular. One is the 12v sound and one is a lope tune. I opted not to get either of those as I think the lope tune is ridiculous and I'm not a huge fan of the 12v sound. I would have got it if I would have been something I could just add whenever I felt like it, but it would be locked to one of my tunes and I didn't want that. You can youtube Draconian Diesel and you'll find lots of sound clips of those.

Exactly. I'm definitely leaning towards the kit with the straight pipe and muffler. I'll run the straight pipe first and see how it is. If it's too loud or droney then I'll have to put the muffler on. Even with the muffler it will still be loud though. It's a straight through design muffler and is meant to eliminate drone more than anything.

Sweet man! That will be cool! I've thought about running out to Alberta for a year or two to make some good cash. I just don't know if it would be worth it for me over what I have here....
You should be able to find a Cummins out in Alberta no problem. TONS of guys have them out there, especially in the oil fields. It's just a matter of finding one that's in good shape.
Thats crazy, I am gonna have to do some studying of his tunes.. It is mind blowing of all the stuff and possibilities.. My one bud runs a EGF Live or EFI Live.. whatever it is lol.. Cool when he is uses it.. but nothing real cool.... With testing both exhaust styles, you will understand what you want and will be all good.

With Alberta, it seems like you already found yourself a great job with alot of potential out in BC.. The position i am in schooling for is always in demand out there, jobs here too.. but better pay out west .. Do it for a few years, collect my cash, see some crazy people.. And then come back to ontario, settle down and have me my cummins

The head company that owns our rv dealership owns tons of dodge dealerships and such.. So I will pull some strings and test my luck. Wonder if you could actually remove the DEF fluid tank and such?
Old 10-17-2013, 03:49 PM
Lifted Cummins Fanatic

Draconian is working on a website right now but it's not up and running yet. The main place to find the information on them is CumminsForum. The have a vendor section on there with tons of threads to read through.
Ya it's EFI Live. I haven't done a lot of research on that but my understanding is that it's the older version of MCC tuning and isn't quite as advanced. Not totally sure though....

Exactly, that's why I'm hesitant to leave. I know I have a lot of potential here and I definitely can't complain about my job. At the end of this week I'll have been here for a full year so I'm hoping for a bit of a raise. We'll see how that goes though. :LOL

Good plan. There's definitely money to be made in the praries right now. Obviously the oil and pipeline industry out there is huge but even construction companies are paying big bucks out there to try and get guys to come out. Construction laborers are starting at $24/hour in Saskatchewan. That's ridiculous!

It is possible to remove the DEF tank and system... I know you can do it on the 2012 Chassis Cabs. The issue is the new ECM on the 2013+ trucks.... no one has been able to fully crack the code yet to make a tuner available for them. But it's bound to happen eventually.... it's just a matter of when. The main problem you're going to run in to as time goes on is how the EPA is cracking down on stuff in the states. That's making it harder and harder to get delete stuff and of course it's jacking the prices up. So if it gets to the point where companies aren't even allowed to sell deletes anymore then there might not ever be delete options for 2013+ trucks....

Old 10-17-2013, 04:04 PM
Stickers add Horsepower

Quote:
Draconian is working on a website right now but it's not up and running yet. The main place to find the information on them is CumminsForum. The have a vendor section on there with tons of threads to read through.
Ya it's EFI Live. I haven't done a lot of research on that but my understanding is that it's the older version of MCC tuning and isn't quite as advanced. Not totally sure though....

Exactly, that's why I'm hesitant to leave. I know I have a lot of potential here and I definitely can't complain about my job. At the end of this week I'll have been here for a full year so I'm hoping for a bit of a raise. We'll see how that goes though. :LOL

Good plan. There's definitely money to be made in the praries right now. Obviously the oil and pipeline industry out there is huge but even construction companies are paying big bucks out there to try and get guys to come out. Construction laborers are starting at $24/hour in Saskatchewan. That's ridiculous!

It is possible to remove the DEF tank and system... I know you can do it on the 2012 Chassis Cabs. The issue is the new ECM on the 2013+ trucks.... no one has been able to fully crack the code yet to make a tuner available for them. But it's bound to happen eventually.... it's just a matter of when. The main problem you're going to run in to as time goes on is how the EPA is cracking down on stuff in the states. That's making it harder and harder to get delete stuff and of course it's jacking the prices up. So if it gets to the point where companies aren't even allowed to sell deletes anymore then there might not ever be delete options for 2013+ trucks....
Ya you do got yourself a solid job. And even if you don't get a raise soon, you will one in time being and the potential to move up in the company.. And BC is much better then saskatchewan.. Cold winters and could never run away from the cops because they would still be able to see you in the distance 4 day later.. Is for sure a great starting pay though. I am going for non-destructive engineer technician, so the oil fields go hand and hand with it.

My bud with the EFI tune has an early 2000's duramax that is in real good condition with straight pipe exhaust, few minor mods and the same MBRP 5" tip as me .

I will have to venture over to the cummins forum sometime and see what all the big boys are doing to their trucks lol.
Old 10-18-2013, 03:22 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2010 Dodge Ram 2500HD
Trim Level: Big Horn
Color: Mineral Gray Metallic
Engine: 2007-2011 409ci (6.7L) Cummins Turbo Diesel 350hp 650lb/ft
Rep:563
Iqudayo is a name known to allIqudayo is a name known to allIqudayo is a name known to allIqudayo is a name known to allIqudayo is a name known to allIqudayo is a name known to all

Hold on boys you lost me, what the hell is a sound modifier.
Please explain this is a new one to me

To many mods to list ask and I shall give you all the information, and help I can.
Everything from outside to interior.
Old 10-18-2013, 03:42 PM
Lifted Cummins Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iqudayo View Post
Hold on boys you lost me, what the hell is a sound modifier.
Please explain this is a new one to me
Replied to your email with a bit of an explanation. Let me know if you want any more info on it.