DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Mod Zone - Custom Dodge Ram Mods - Dodge Ram Performance > Custom Dodge Ram - Complete Builds

Notices

Custom Dodge Ram - Complete Builds When you are modding everything on your Dodge Ram, this is the place to showcase the build.

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 10-29-2013, 02:29 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2008 Dodge Ram 1500
Trim Level: SXT 4x4
Color: Silver/ Black
Engine: 2003-2008 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 345hp 375lb/ft
Rep:2744
Canadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandonjansen View Post
2013 is when they added the DEF system to the Cummins. So stick with 2012 or earlier and you're golden!

So I found out my overhead mount for my MiniMaxx has actually been sitting at the receiving company I use for a week and a half. The guys who sent it forgot to put my customer number beside my name so the receiving company didn't email me saying it was there. Too bad I didn't find out last night that it was there because I was down in the States yesterday to ship out a package Anyways, I'll be picking it up today after work and then maybe this week/weekend start to work on installing the MiniMaxx to just use it for gauge readouts right now.
Some people.. Just no respect that someone who may be excited as hell waiting on that piece lol... Well atleast it is in and you will have it installed soon and 1 step closer to super awesome custom tune.
Tow mirrors up for all the haters
Sponsored links
Old 10-29-2013, 02:30 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2007 Dodge 4X4 (HULK SMASH)
Trim Level: SLT Lone Star 4x4
Color: Gun Metal Grey
Rep:10
HULK is on a distinguished road

Brandon are you running 35's on your new truck now?

How are those toyos on the pavement/road sound? road noise, humming, any of these?
Old 10-29-2013, 02:33 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Canadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by HULK View Post

How are those toyos on the pavement/road sound? road noise, humming, any of these?
I will quickly answer as I know the answer.. The 3500 is still stock tires.. He had the Toyo's on his 1500. I am running the same tires.. They are actually great on pavement. They are obviously louder then stock, but that is expected.. But overall I find they are a very quiet tire for an M/T.
Old 10-29-2013, 02:40 PM
Lifted Cummins Fanatic

Vehicle: 2012 Dodge Ram 3500 CCSB 4x4
Trim Level: Laramie Limited
Color: Mineral Grey Metallic
Engine: 2011-20?? 409ci (6.7L) Cummins Turbo Diesel 350hp 800lb/ft
Rep:1945
brandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadian Hemi Pride View Post
Some people.. Just no respect that someone who may be excited as hell waiting on that piece lol... Well atleast it is in and you will have it installed soon and 1 step closer to super awesome custom tune.
No kidding eh! lol. It's not like I'm in a huge rush to get it or anything. But if I would have known about it sooner I could have picked it up when I picked up the tuner or yesterday when I was down there. Would have saved me another trip across the border. That's what bugs me the most.

But yes, it will get there. I've been looking at exhaust systems and stuff more and I'm pretty set on what I want. Probably won't be until mid-end of November before I order it though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HULK View Post

Quote:
I will quickly answer as I know the answer.. The 3500 is still stock tires.. He had the Toyo's on his 1500. I am running the same tires.. They are actually great on pavement. They are obviously louder then stock, but that is expected.. But overall I find they are a very quiet tire for an M/T.
Yup, what CHP said ^^

The Toyo MT's were great tires! I was very impressed with them on my 1500. Much quieter than I expected, road and handled great, wore very well (had them on for 7000km and no signs of wear). Overall I was very impressed with them.

I plan on going with Toyo AT2's for the 3500. With the amount of highway driving it do it just makes more sense for me. Then when I lift it and get the new wheels it will get some big MT's for the look.

2012 Ram 3500 Laramie Limited Cummins Build Thread
8" BDS Long Arm Lift with Fox 2.0 Shocks | Dual Fox 2.0 Steering Stabilizer | 37x13.5 Toyo MT's | AMP Powersteps & Bedstep | Bakflip G2
EST 500 hp/1268 ft-lbs at FW | H&S MiniMaxx Custom Tuned | 4" Flo Pro Stainless TBE | Sinister EGR Delete | ARP 425 Head Studs | S&B Intake w/ Scoop
Guide to Leveling & Wheel and Tire Sizing for 06+ 4wd Ram 1500's
Old 10-29-2013, 02:48 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Quote:
No kidding eh! lol. It's not like I'm in a huge rush to get it or anything. But if I would have known about it sooner I could have picked it up when I picked up the tuner or yesterday when I was down there. Would have saved me another trip across the border. That's what bugs me the most.

But yes, it will get there. I've been looking at exhaust systems and stuff more and I'm pretty set on what I want. Probably won't be until mid-end of November before I order it though.

Yup, what CHP said ^^

The Toyo MT's were great tires! I was very impressed with them on my 1500. Much quieter than I expected, road and handled great, wore very well (had them on for 7000km and no signs of wear). Overall I was very impressed with them.

I plan on going with Toyo AT2's for the 3500. With the amount of highway driving it do it just makes more sense for me. Then when I lift it and get the new wheels it will get some big MT's for the look.
Im excited for the exhaust and everything to come together.. What do you have in mind?.. And ya its annoying having to make another trip down just for a mount -.-.

I love my M/T's.. I was also shocked at how quiet they were. I remember my uncles Mickey Thompsons on his jeep and the tires sounded like a tank driving down the road.
Old 10-29-2013, 02:55 PM
Lifted Cummins Fanatic

brandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant future

Quote:
Im excited for the exhaust and everything to come together.. What do you have in mind?.. And ya its annoying having to make another trip down just for a mount -.-.

I love my M/T's.. I was also shocked at how quiet they were. I remember my uncles Mickey Thompsons on his jeep and the tires sounded like a tank driving down the road.
I'm 99% set on the aFe Mach Force XP turbo back stainless system. I just really like the option of it coming with a straight pipe and a muffler. So far I haven't found any other kit that has that option. Plus the aFe kit comes with a tip as well so if you factor all of that in it's a super good deal.
So I'll start out with it straight piped and see how it sounds and how much drone I get going down the highway. Then if needed I'll swap the muffler in or if I like it, just leave it straight piped.

Here's a link to the kit: http://zimmeysdiesel.com/i-13351366-...afe-power.html

8" BDS Long Arm Lift with Fox 2.0 Shocks | Dual Fox 2.0 Steering Stabilizer | 37x13.5 Toyo MT's | AMP Powersteps & Bedstep | Bakflip G2
EST 500 hp/1268 ft-lbs at FW | H&S MiniMaxx Custom Tuned | 4" Flo Pro Stainless TBE | Sinister EGR Delete | ARP 425 Head Studs | S&B Intake w/ Scoop
Old 10-29-2013, 03:42 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Quote:
I'm 99% set on the aFe Mach Force XP turbo back stainless system. I just really like the option of it coming with a straight pipe and a muffler. So far I haven't found any other kit that has that option. Plus the aFe kit comes with a tip as well so if you factor all of that in it's a super good deal.
So I'll start out with it straight piped and see how it sounds and how much drone I get going down the highway. Then if needed I'll swap the muffler in or if I like it, just leave it straight piped.

Here's a link to the kit: http://zimmeysdiesel.com/i-13351366-...afe-power.html
Damnnn that looks awesome.. I love how it comes with the straight pipe option too.. Smart idea. Yeah who knows how the straight pipe will sound on highway driving.. But always nice to have the option to quiet it down, is it welded or just clamped for easy switch?
Old 10-29-2013, 03:50 PM
Lifted Cummins Fanatic

Quote:
Damnnn that looks awesome.. I love how it comes with the straight pipe option too.. Smart idea. Yeah who knows how the straight pipe will sound on highway driving.. But always nice to have the option to quiet it down, is it welded or just clamped for easy switch?
It comes with clamps to put it all together. So at first I'll just leave it clamped and hope it doesn't move or leak. Then once I'm 100% sure on what I want to run I'll probably weld everything together just because that's the better way to do it.

Old 10-29-2013, 03:52 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Quote:
It comes with clamps to put it all together. So at first I'll just leave it clamped and hope it doesn't move or leak. Then once I'm 100% sure on what I want to run I'll probably weld everything together just because that's the better way to do it.
Sounds like a solid plan.. I got my muffler just clamped together because its the aluminized cheaper version and I had a real trouble with waiting to order in a muffler when the shop I got it from had aluminized in stock with install right there... So no welding

I say run the straight pipe for a week or 2.. Then if your on the edge test out the muffler for a week or 2 and from there you can make a solid decision based off your testing out.
Old 10-29-2013, 04:08 PM
Lifted Cummins Fanatic

Quote:
I say run the straight pipe for a week or 2.. Then if your on the edge test out the muffler for a week or 2 and from there you can make a solid decision based off your testing out.
Yup, that's probably exactly what I'll end up doing. Test them both out to see what works and go from there. Gives me some more work to do to my truck as well which is always fun