DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Mod Zone - Custom Dodge Ram Mods - Dodge Ram Performance > Custom Dodge Ram - Complete Builds

Notices

Custom Dodge Ram - Complete Builds When you are modding everything on your Dodge Ram, this is the place to showcase the build.

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 09-19-2013, 07:43 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2012 Ram 1500 QC 4x4
Trim Level: TANK
Color: Gloss Black Bedliner
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:159
aparini has a spectacular aura aboutaparini has a spectacular aura about

Very nice, i really like the Moto Metal MO962 20x10 -24s in black obviously

Sponsored links
Old 09-19-2013, 07:46 PM
Lifted Cummins Fanatic

Vehicle: 2012 Dodge Ram 3500 CCSB 4x4
Trim Level: Laramie Limited
Color: Mineral Grey Metallic
Engine: 2011-20?? 409ci (6.7L) Cummins Turbo Diesel 350hp 800lb/ft
Rep:1945
brandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant future

Those are also nice... a little to plain for my liking though, but they might need to be added to my list. I still have a ton of time to decide before I will be ordering wheels. Guaranteed my mind will change by then. But until then I plan on making a list of all the ones that catch my eye and then sitting down before I'm ready to order to narrow it down to my favorite. It helps a lot to actually see the wheels on a truck too. The BMF's made it to the top of my list when I saw them on a mineral grey 2500 on youtube. The combo looked sick!!

2012 Ram 3500 Laramie Limited Cummins Build Thread
8" BDS Long Arm Lift with Fox 2.0 Shocks | Dual Fox 2.0 Steering Stabilizer | 37x13.5 Toyo MT's | AMP Powersteps & Bedstep | Bakflip G2
EST 500 hp/1268 ft-lbs at FW | H&S MiniMaxx Custom Tuned | 4" Flo Pro Stainless TBE | Sinister EGR Delete | ARP 425 Head Studs | S&B Intake w/ Scoop
Guide to Leveling & Wheel and Tire Sizing for 06+ 4wd Ram 1500's
Old 09-20-2013, 12:44 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2008 Dodge Ram 1500
Trim Level: SXT 4x4
Color: Silver/ Black
Engine: 2003-2008 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 345hp 375lb/ft
Rep:2744
Canadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by aparini View Post
"Haha, ya trust me, I've found lots of motivation for this build. Unfortunately my wallet can't keep up with my ideas "

i think that goes for about 90% of the members here.
And this is why credit cards and online shopping are dangerous.

And Brandon.. Everytime I see a new post I am instantly here hoping to see a new mod.. Jeez in a year or 2 your truck will look insane.
Tow mirrors up for all the haters
Old 09-20-2013, 02:20 AM
Lifted Cummins Fanatic

brandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant future

Yes definitely. I make sure I have the cash in my bank to cover any mod I do buy online with my credit card. A truck mod is not worth getting into credit trouble. That will haunt you for the rest of your life....

I'm working on it man! I've been talking back and forth with Bully's for a couple weeks now on the next set of mods. Unfortunately their 2500/3500 catalogue is fairly limited at the moment so I'm trying to get them to add a couple more vendors to their list.

The next things to be happening will be:

1) A leveling kit. Right now my plan is for TGC 2.5" progressive rate coils, Bilstein 5100 shocks and a BD Diesel Adjustable Track bar.
2) Intake. S&B with a dry filter, no scoop for now.

Then a couple months down the road I'd like to put 35's on it and ISSPRO EV2 boost and pyro gauges.

8" BDS Long Arm Lift with Fox 2.0 Shocks | Dual Fox 2.0 Steering Stabilizer | 37x13.5 Toyo MT's | AMP Powersteps & Bedstep | Bakflip G2
EST 500 hp/1268 ft-lbs at FW | H&S MiniMaxx Custom Tuned | 4" Flo Pro Stainless TBE | Sinister EGR Delete | ARP 425 Head Studs | S&B Intake w/ Scoop
Old 09-28-2013, 02:35 PM
Lifted Cummins Fanatic

Well I was getting to the point where I needed to fill my mod addiction. So yesterday I went to a local custom truck shop and picked up a DeeZee tailgate assist. Nothing big, but at least it gave me something to do and it will be convenient to have.

Install was simple, took about 10 minutes tops. Just follow the instructions and you won't have a problem.

Here's a couple pictures I snapped with my phone quick:

And a link to a quick video I took of it (click the picture)

Another update: my truck was in the dealership this morning for a few small warranty issues. I had them put new windshield wipers on it since the other ones were already shot (probably from sitting on the lot for a number of months). There's also LED lights in the door handles and pockets in my truck and the one in the drivers side isn't working so they're ordering up a new one for that. Then the thing that I'm a little more concerned about is the high pitched squeak it makes when I shut it off. To me it sounds like it might be the turbo as it stops spinning but I really can't pin point it. So the truck has to go back in during the week sometime when they have a different tech there to look at that issue. Hopefully it isn't anything big....

Old 09-28-2013, 03:22 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2010 Ram 2500 Crew Cab 4x4
Trim Level: Laramie
Color: Inferno Red Crystal Pearl
Engine: 2007-2011 409ci (6.7L) Cummins Turbo Diesel 350hp 650lb/ft
Rep:2006
Arth has a reputation beyond reputeArth has a reputation beyond reputeArth has a reputation beyond reputeArth has a reputation beyond reputeArth has a reputation beyond reputeArth has a reputation beyond reputeArth has a reputation beyond reputeArth has a reputation beyond reputeArth has a reputation beyond reputeArth has a reputation beyond reputeArth has a reputation beyond repute

That loud squeak is considered normal by most Cummins owners. It usually is due to the belt or something.

The cummins engine stops very quick so the accessories don't stop as fast...one of the answers I got.

Do a quick google and you will get a lot of answers. My 2012 did it... The 04 I had with the 5.9 did it and that one had 136k on it.

If you can get it taken care of awesome! I think it will come back though.

See my old Mod thread and it's Journey here

Current Mod thread here
Old 09-28-2013, 07:44 PM
Lifted Cummins Fanatic

Okay, that could be. I was wondering if it was something related to the accessories or belts since I haven't had any power loss or CEL's. Maybe I'll have to get someone to shut the truck off while I take a closer look under the good. Thanks for the suggestion Arth!

Old 09-28-2013, 10:48 PM
Join the Dark Ram Side!

Vehicle: 2013 Ram 1500 Quad Cab 4x4
Trim Level: Sport
Color: Black
Engine: 2013-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 395hp 410lb/ft
Rep:1517
DarthRam has a brilliant futureDarthRam has a brilliant futureDarthRam has a brilliant futureDarthRam has a brilliant futureDarthRam has a brilliant futureDarthRam has a brilliant futureDarthRam has a brilliant futureDarthRam has a brilliant futureDarthRam has a brilliant futureDarthRam has a brilliant futureDarthRam has a brilliant future

Brandon,

Do you happen to have the part number for the Tailgate Assist? I have one on mine but the tailgate drops about half to a third of the way before the "assist" kicks in and lowers it slowly. I see in your vid the tailgate drops slowly through it's entire range of motion.

Thanks.
Magnaflow 14" Custom Install Bilstein 5100s Front Only Set at 2.8" Vararam Air Grabber Cravenspeed Stubby Antenna Dee Zee Tailgate Assist Billet Technology "The Punisher" Shift Knob Debadged doors and tailgate Plasti Dipped Grille Inserts The Punisher Grille and Tailgate Badges Exterior Chrome Delete 20" XD Series 795 Hoss LT305/55R20 Nitto Trail Grappler M/T Cabin Air Filter BAKFlip Roll-X Tonneau Cover
Old 09-29-2013, 02:30 AM
Lifted Cummins Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthRam View Post
Brandon,

Do you happen to have the part number for the Tailgate Assist? I have one on mine but the tailgate drops about half to a third of the way before the "assist" kicks in and lowers it slowly. I see in your vid the tailgate drops slowly through it's entire range of motion.

Thanks.
Yup, the part number is DZ43300. But the box also said that the ending year was 2012. I know there have been a number of people having issues with the DeeZee assist on 2013's. I read somewhere on the forum today that DeeZee is coming out with a revised assist for the 2013's. Maybe the new one would solve that problem for you?

Old 10-01-2013, 07:39 PM
Lifted Cummins Fanatic

So I'm pretty much ready to order up my next mod for my truck. But an idea has crossed my mind and I'm looking for your opinions.

Here's what I have planned at the moment:

2.5" TGC progressive rate leveling springs
Bilstein 5100 shocks
BD Diesel Adjustable track bar

Now all that stuff is going to run me about $680. Definitely a little higher than I was planning to spend just to level it but I don't want to skimp out and half ass shit since it will be staying this way for a couple years plus the adjustable track bar (which is half the cost) will be used once I fully lift it as well.

Now this idea popped into my head today.... Rough Country 5" lift. I haven't worked out the pricing through Bully's yet, but online they have one kit listed for $699 and one (step up with adjustable control arms) for $899. So that has almost got me thinking to do a 5" lift for now rather than just leveling.

Pros:
More lift - bigger bang for your buck
Could run 37's right away if I wanted
Looks bad ass!

Cons:
Not as good of quality as the TGC, Bilstein, BD set up
Running stock tires with a 5" lift for a few months is going to look stupid
Still need to buy an adjustable track bar when I lift the truck in the future

So fellow Ram owners, what are your thoughts on this. I'm open to any and all advice/opinions.