Since it was such a nice day yesterday I did another mod. I added a set of used Go Rhino! Dominator II SideSteps. I also bought these from stryker291982 (Jason). The cool thing about this set is he had them coated in bedliner so no matter where someone steps they will have some traction.
There is no other way of saying this. Installation was a pain in the ass. I could have used the car hoist and air tool method but since I had neither I went ahead and used the crawl underneath the truck and swear a lot method. I also had to pull my truck up on to the front sidewalk since I live on a busy street and didn't want to get run over.
So just so we are clear. I am obviously not a mechanic. I can do some basic stuff but leave the bigger things to the professionals. The first step took about an hour and a half. You can laugh now. The mounting hardware took some getting used to since it went in the existing factory holes. The issue was the mounting bolts had to be slipped in and held while you put the bracket on. You had to do this while maintaining pressure on the bolt so it wouldn't slip down in the rail. Once I got the system down the second step took 45 minutes.
I was surprised how easy placing the step, and holding it, on the brackets was. I thought this was going to be the worst part of the job, holding a heavy step up awkwardly while trying to slip the bolts in. It went pretty well since each bracket had a small ledge on it. One of the better designs for this system.
All in all it was just tedious. There are three brackets with five bolts apiece on each side. Having a hoist would have made things so much easier and faster but I don't know anyone who would let me use theirs.
Since I didn't want anyone to deny all my hard work: