DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - General Discussion > Dodge Ram General Discussion

Notices

Dodge Ram General Discussion General Chat about the Ram. Please look for other categories to post specific questions in.

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 09-01-2013, 01:02 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2009 Ram CC 4X4
Trim Level: SLT, Big Horn
Color: Black Pearl coat
Engine: 2009-2010 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:218
Ramzaq has a spectacular aura aboutRamzaq has a spectacular aura aboutRamzaq has a spectacular aura about

I have noticed across the brand forums that, the truck forums at least, Ram and GM tend to be more open people when problems are posted so I see more people tend to ask more questions about problems.

Several Ford truck forums I read it seems when people have problems, especially major ones the fanboy members start with the beat down. They start out with "sounds like a troll" and continue from there especially about the Ecoboost. Just from my observation I think those forum members are a little more hesitant to air thier problems. Not to say that many members aren't helpful but just the way it looks to me. Even some of there members have stated the same observation.
Sponsored links
Old 09-01-2013, 01:12 PM

Vehicle: 2004 Dodge Ram
Trim Level: SLT
Color: Satin Orange
Engine: 2003-2008 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 345hp 375lb/ft
Rep:597
TheSatinPumpkin is a name known to allTheSatinPumpkin is a name known to allTheSatinPumpkin is a name known to allTheSatinPumpkin is a name known to allTheSatinPumpkin is a name known to allTheSatinPumpkin is a name known to all

138k on stock engine and tranny and still running strong. got a few rattles but hey i have a lowered truck that lives on 4 miles of dirt roads. not bad.

Old 09-01-2013, 05:18 PM

Vehicle: 2012 Ram 1500 Quad Cab
Trim Level: Lonestar
Color: Deep Cherry Red Crystal Pearl
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:216
JohnnyDollar has a spectacular aura aboutJohnnyDollar has a spectacular aura aboutJohnnyDollar has a spectacular aura about

Funny,
I kind of felt the same way as the OP when I signed up (just a couple of weeks ago) after buying our 2012 RAM 1500.

The reason we went bought the new RAM was that our last truck was a 2001 Ram 1500 with 170,000+ trouble free miles on it.

The entire time we drove it, just regular maintenance and tires except the a/c compressor went out a couple of months ago.

Unfortunately a cement truck decided to roll over on it and it was totalled.
Pics here: http://ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=150482

Even though we have the new truck, I am actively searching craigslist for another 2001 RAM 1500 w/manual shift.
We loved that truck.

So, to answer your question,
yes there are plenty of good RAM trucks out there.
Old 09-01-2013, 06:45 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 1999 Dodge Ram
Trim Level: SLT
Color: Black
Engine: 2001-2003 359ci (5.9L) Cummins ISB 24-Valve Diesel I6 235hp 460lb/ft (manual and auto)
Rep:177
richmond has a spectacular aura aboutrichmond has a spectacular aura about

I can't come close to the expertise in this forum. I lose count of the number of old Dodge pickups I've owned through the years. My first was a 1966 D100 w/318 and 3 spd. on the column. I believe in them and they deliver. I'm a second gen guy and they're strong running trucks (2wd & 4wd). I just picked up my wife a 3rd gen from 05 (our first 3rd gen).

Since you are invested in a Dodge Ram, learn with the rest of us, and most of all....
Welcome.... R...

Last edited by richmond; 09-01-2013 at 06:48 PM. Reason: added Dodge
Old 09-01-2013, 06:47 PM
God Bless Texas!

Vehicle: 2005 Ram 1500
Trim Level: Lonestar QC
Color: White
Engine: 2002-2007 287ci (4.7L) PowerTech V8 235hp 295lb/ft
Rep:2918
RogerRamJet has a reputation beyond reputeRogerRamJet has a reputation beyond reputeRogerRamJet has a reputation beyond reputeRogerRamJet has a reputation beyond reputeRogerRamJet has a reputation beyond reputeRogerRamJet has a reputation beyond reputeRogerRamJet has a reputation beyond reputeRogerRamJet has a reputation beyond reputeRogerRamJet has a reputation beyond reputeRogerRamJet has a reputation beyond reputeRogerRamJet has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by shawnu View Post
Yeah like it was said above,alot of guys sign up to get problems solved, so you hear alot more bad around here. Im on my 3rd ram, i had a 05 3.7, 06 hemi, and now a 12 express with no mojor issues excepf a leaky back window on my most recent one. Ghats the only problem ive had!! Theyre great trucks if you ask me!!
Hey, Shawn, are Ram trucks great?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyDollar View Post
Funny,
I kind of felt the same way as the OP when I signed up (just a couple of weeks ago) after buying our 2012 RAM 1500.

The reason we went bought the new RAM was that our last truck was a 2001 Ram 1500 with 170,000+ trouble free miles on it.

The entire time we drove it, just regular maintenance and tires except the a/c compressor went out a couple of months ago.

Unfortunately a cement truck decided to roll over on it and it was totalled.
Pics here: http://ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=150482

Even though we have the new truck, I am actively searching craigslist for another 2001 RAM 1500 w/manual shift.
We loved that truck.

So, to answer your question,
yes there are plenty of good RAM trucks out there.
Wow! Just looked at the pic, what a crime, and a shame. That was a beautiful truck. Congrats on the new truck and here's hoping you 1) have as many trouble free miles on your 12 and you did the 01 and B) congrats on the new truck.
Old 09-01-2013, 07:00 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2003 Dodge Ram 2500
Trim Level: Laramie
Color: Blue
Engine: 2003-2008 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 345hp 375lb/ft
Rep:10
warren57 is on a distinguished road

I'm feeling much better after reading some positive comments. I have always liked the looks of the Rams and now I have one..
Old 09-01-2013, 07:26 PM

Vehicle: 2014 4x4 Regular Cab w/8ft bed
Trim Level: Tradesman 4x4
Color: White
Engine: 2013-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 395hp 410lb/ft
Rep:963
Gantman is a splendid one to beholdGantman is a splendid one to beholdGantman is a splendid one to beholdGantman is a splendid one to beholdGantman is a splendid one to beholdGantman is a splendid one to beholdGantman is a splendid one to beholdGantman is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by warren57 View Post
I'm feeling much better after reading some positive comments. I have always liked the looks of the Rams and now I have one..
Now that's the attitude my Ram brother! Like a lot of others, check out other forums and read, learn.......that every brand truck has it's quirks. I will tell you that the one's I see who venture into the "Dark Side" are quite knowledgable and very handy with the wrench and are quick to help others to become better with a wrench thereby learning how to modify, tweak, and or repair their baby on their own without requiring the aid of a service department. You have to hear some bad so as to learn how to make it good. A big welcome to da ClubZ bud!
Old 09-01-2013, 11:41 PM

Vehicle: 2012 Ram
Trim Level: Express
Color: Flame Red
Rep:512
shawnu is a glorious beacon of lightshawnu is a glorious beacon of lightshawnu is a glorious beacon of lightshawnu is a glorious beacon of lightshawnu is a glorious beacon of lightshawnu is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by RogerRamJet View Post
Hey, Shawn, are Ram trucks great?
Your damn right they are!!
12 RCSB Express- 5%Tint, Gatorhyde spray-in, Black OEM Tips, Plasti Dip badges and Interior, CBE muffler, Kenwood DDX370, Ks3.5s, Pioneer 6x9s, Sundown SA8v2, Kicker ZX750.1,BT 964SP, Smoked Tails, 'Dipped 22" Boss 329 on Falken 305/40s, and some LEDs...

RIP- 06 Ram NightRunner QC
Old 09-02-2013, 03:08 PM

Vehicle: 2013 RAM 1500
Trim Level: Laramie
Rep:29
Omac is on a distinguished road

My 2013 1500 is awesome just turned 1000 miles like any truck its had a couple of issues but it was covered under warranty. The trans cooler was leaking and the airbag computer failed. But this truck rides great the Hemi is flawless and the overall design and engineering is the best. I love the entertainment system with the nav and uconnect RAM stepped up with the 13.
Mopar Hood Deflector, Mopar Mud Flaps Front/Rear, Fire/Ice Mud Flap LEDs, Tonno Bed Cover, Mopar Bed Mat, Mopar Tailgate Liner,Window Tint, Husky WeatherBeater Floor Liner Front/Rear, Mopar Chrome Gas Door
Old 09-03-2013, 10:11 AM

Vehicle: 1993 Dakota
Engine: 1992-1991 239ci (3.9L) Magnum V6 180hp
Rep:11
GuyGene is on a distinguished road

If Rams are made as good as my '93 Dakota, they're the best made! I'm on a heap of forums, and, yes, it seems to me Rams are having fewer issues than the others.