DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - General Discussion > 2012 Dodge Ram Forum

Notices

2012 Dodge Ram Forum For specific discussion of the 2012 Dodge Ram!

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
United Radio
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 09-01-2013, 12:12 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Junior Member

Vehicle: 2012 Ram 1500 Sport
Trim Level: Sport Quad Cab
Color: Black
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:18
Hendy26 is on a distinguished road
Default Cameras install

Can someone possibly post a pic of where to run the wires for my front and back cameras going into the cab through the firewall?

I plan on doing the installs tomorrow and just wanted to get an idea of where and what to look for. For those who have done it, is it easy access or am I going to be swearing and cutting up my hands tomorrow?

Thanks guys.
Sponsored links
Old 09-01-2013, 01:33 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2012 dodge ram 1500 outdoorsme
Trim Level: Outdoorsmen
Color: White
Rep:38
C0ps is on a distinguished road

I'm waiting for my barcam 221 to come in the mail and than I'll be attempting the same thing. Let me know how you made out and how you got from tailgate to firewall
Old 09-01-2013, 10:58 AM

Vehicle: .
Rep:4371
Asur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond repute

Just look on under the driver side dash, you will see where all the wired come in via a rubber gasket from the firewall side "engine compartment", under the area where the wire harness comes in you will see a small half inch slit in the rubber gasket, this hole opens up on the firewall side in a sort of nipple, cut the tip off the nipple off, you now have a hole to pass wires from through the firewall to under the dash. you should be able to fit 5-6 wire depending on there size through there.
Old 09-01-2013, 11:01 AM

Vehicle: .
Rep:4371
Asur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by C0ps View Post
I'm waiting for my barcam 221 to come in the mail and than I'll be attempting the same thing. Let me know how you made out and how you got from tailgate to firewall
from the tailgate you can come in under the rear driver side seat, if you look under the seat, under the carpet there is a hole there that leads to the under side of the cab, remove the plastic piece and install a grommet, once you pass your wire into the cab you can run them under the seat support to the door sill, from there you can run them all along under the door sill's to the front dash area. put some Black RTV silicon in the grommet hole after you passed your wires for no moisture can get in.
Old 09-01-2013, 11:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asur View Post
from the tailgate you can come in under the rear driver side seat, if you look under the seat, under the carpet there is a hole there that leads to the under side of the cab, remove the plastic piece and install a grommet, once you pass your wire into the cab you can run them under the seat support to the door sill, from there you can run them all along under the door sill's to the front dash area. put some Black RTV silicon in the grommet hole after you passed your wires for no moisture can get in.
Thanks Azure. I was kind of nervous thinking I had to drill in. Can't wait for my camera to get here
Old 09-03-2013, 02:46 PM

Vehicle: 2012 Ram 1500
Trim Level: Express
Color: Black
Rep:73
jp7704jp will become famous soon enough

Post a pick when youre done!
Old 09-04-2013, 01:37 AM

I will. I received may camera today so if I can find some time tommorow Ill install it.