DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - General Discussion > 2013 Dodge Ram Forum

Notices

2013 Dodge Ram Forum For specific discussion of the 2013 Dodge Ram!

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 09-02-2013, 08:16 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2013 Ram 1500
Trim Level: Quad Cab Sport
Color: black
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:249
2011 ASSAULT 800 has a spectacular aura about2011 ASSAULT 800 has a spectacular aura about2011 ASSAULT 800 has a spectacular aura about

I bought my '13 sport 6 speed with 3.92's 3 weeks ago and couldnt be happier, had they dealer(or any in town for that matter) had a quad cab fully loaded sport in the colours I wanted in an 8 speed than I would have bought that but they didnt so I was very happy to purchase what I did, the 6 spped is leeps and bounds more smoothe than my 04 hemi with 3.92's, I also cant stand the shifter that the 8 speeds have, extra center console space would have been nice though but I am very happy with my truck and dont regret the purchase.

Mods : 20x9 fuel Kranks, S&B CAI, 20% tint, Ram rubber mud flaps, Lumens 35w 6000k canbus low beams, tri fold tonneau, led plate & cargo lights, custom led bed lighting
Sponsored links
Old 09-02-2013, 11:43 PM

Vehicle: 2014 Ram 1500 Sport
Trim Level: Sport Quad Cab 4WD
Color: White
Rep:24
G8toRam is on a distinguished road

YOU have to decide what YOU want. For me, if I wanted the 8 speed and didn't get it, I would always regret it. I could have bought one off the lot and saved some $$$ - but I know I would not have been happy - I ordered a 1500 Sport with the 8 speed and can't wait to get it!

I'm also looking to buy a 300 SRT and I am going to wait to buy until i can get the 8 speed..may be a year or more that I have to wait but I know me and if I buy the 5 speed now I know I won't be happy with it. I have settled in the past and I always regret it. I don't settle any more. Happy to keep my $$$ in the bank until I can get what I want.

Know thyself.
Old 09-03-2013, 12:03 AM

Vehicle: 2013 Laramie 4X4 Quad Cab
Trim Level: Laramie Hemi 8 Speed
Color: Maximum Steel Met.
Rep:25
kxlexus is on a distinguished road

8speed with 3.92 no spin. Get the air ride too.
Old 09-03-2013, 12:11 AM

Vehicle: 2014 Ram 1500 Sport
Trim Level: Sport Quad Cab 4WD
Rep:24
G8toRam is on a distinguished road

In a word...Ditto.
Old 09-03-2013, 11:40 AM
God Bless Texas!

Vehicle: 2005 Ram 1500
Trim Level: Lonestar QC
Engine: 2002-2007 287ci (4.7L) PowerTech V8 235hp 295lb/ft
Rep:2918
RogerRamJet has a reputation beyond reputeRogerRamJet has a reputation beyond reputeRogerRamJet has a reputation beyond reputeRogerRamJet has a reputation beyond reputeRogerRamJet has a reputation beyond reputeRogerRamJet has a reputation beyond reputeRogerRamJet has a reputation beyond reputeRogerRamJet has a reputation beyond reputeRogerRamJet has a reputation beyond reputeRogerRamJet has a reputation beyond reputeRogerRamJet has a reputation beyond repute

Never give up! Never surrender! Oops, had to get that out. Dood, don't settle. Settling is for those who don't give a crap and don't care. And if you're going to lay down 40 large, I'm thinking you are gonna want to care and get what you want. Remember, 2nd place is the first looser. Crap! I know, another cliche'.
Old 09-03-2013, 12:07 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2013 dodge ram
Trim Level: Laramie
Color: Black
Rep:5
Manic52001 is an unknown quantity at this point

I agree get exactly what you want...... its only money you can go get more. I had the decision air ride no air ride, i chose air ride more money but i wanted it would not have been happy without it. I could have lived with it but why???? Life is too short.
Old 09-03-2013, 10:36 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Junior Member

Vehicle: 2013 Ram 1500 Laramie Longhorn
Trim Level: Crew Cab
Color: Maximum Steel
Rep:10
orvel is on a distinguished road

I don't know guys, I guess I'm not that picky but I'm perfectly happy with my beautiful Laramie Longhorn with the 6 speed and 3.55 rear. I know many here rave about the 8 speed, maybe it helps that I never drove one to influence me towards it. On the plus side for the 6 speed, I just love being able to grab that T handle on the console and really feel it going into gear and having something to rest my hand on while I'm driving. Not sure if I would get used to turning an electronic dial to get it in gear. I don't know if any of you are old enough to remember the 60's and the era of the muscle cars, I reminisce a lot about those days and my 62 Plymouth with a dual quads 413 under the hood coupled to a push button automatic transmission, I consistently turned low to mid 12s in the quarter mile, that baby moved! That transmission was smooth, you pushed the button, pressed the pedal to the metal and left it there, pushing the next button and that next gear kicked in without a hiccup, and so on, next thing you knew you were crossing the line at 125 plus, it was awesome, those were the days! The push button transmission was a winner, I should mention that the buttons were actually mechanical, they required a bit of force to push them and you really felt them actuate the gear, similar to how you feel the gear handle on the 6 speed! Surprised Chrysler never brought it back! Had they offered it on the Ram,-- now that would have been something to wait for!
Old 09-04-2013, 12:00 AM
God Bless Texas!

Vehicle: 2005 Ram 1500
Trim Level: Lonestar QC
Engine: 2002-2007 287ci (4.7L) PowerTech V8 235hp 295lb/ft
Rep:2918
RogerRamJet has a reputation beyond reputeRogerRamJet has a reputation beyond reputeRogerRamJet has a reputation beyond reputeRogerRamJet has a reputation beyond reputeRogerRamJet has a reputation beyond reputeRogerRamJet has a reputation beyond reputeRogerRamJet has a reputation beyond reputeRogerRamJet has a reputation beyond reputeRogerRamJet has a reputation beyond reputeRogerRamJet has a reputation beyond reputeRogerRamJet has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by orvel View Post
I don't know guys, I guess I'm not that picky but I'm perfectly happy with my beautiful Laramie Longhorn with the 6 speed and 3.55 rear. I know many here rave about the 8 speed, maybe it helps that I never drove one to influence me towards it. On the plus side for the 6 speed, I just love being able to grab that T handle on the console and really feel it going into gear and having something to rest my hand on while I'm driving. Not sure if I would get used to turning an electronic dial to get it in gear. I don't know if any of you are old enough to remember the 60's and the era of the muscle cars, I reminisce a lot about those days and my 62 Plymouth with a dual quads 413 under the hood coupled to a push button automatic transmission, I consistently turned low to mid 12s in the quarter mile, that baby moved! That transmission was smooth, you pushed the button, pressed the pedal to the metal and left it there, pushing the next button and that next gear kicked in without a hiccup, and so on, next thing you knew you were crossing the line at 125 plus, it was awesome, those were the days! The push button transmission was a winner, I should mention that the buttons were actually mechanical, they required a bit of force to push them and you really felt them actuate the gear, similar to how you feel the gear handle on the 6 speed! Surprised Chrysler never brought it back! Had they offered it on the Ram,-- now that would have been something to wait for!
Preach on, Brother. Dad had a 63 Chrysler 300 383 with a tree on the dash. He sold it before I was able to wreck... eh hummm... drive it. I remember him reaching up there, pressing one of the lower buttons and then hammering it. Man that car flew. Oh, and we didn't have seat belts.
Old 09-04-2013, 05:44 AM

Vehicle: 2013 Dodge Ram SLT LONESTAR
Trim Level: 1500 SLT LONESTAR QC
Rep:99
aepowell will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011 ASSAULT 800 View Post
I bought my '13 sport 6 speed with 3.92's 3 weeks ago and couldnt be happier, had they dealer(or any in town for that matter) had a quad cab fully loaded sport in the colours I wanted in an 8 speed than I would have bought that but they didnt so I was very happy to purchase what I did, the 6 spped is leeps and bounds more smoothe than my 04 hemi with 3.92's, I also cant stand the shifter that the 8 speeds have, extra center console space would have been nice though but I am very happy with my truck and dont regret the purchase.
Samething he said. I wanted an 8spd, but because of a huge savings taking the 6, I took it and couldn't be happier.

Aepowell Sherman,TX.
Old 09-06-2013, 11:49 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2013 Ram 1500 Crew
Trim Level: Sport-Loaded
Color: Copperhead Pearl
Rep:10
Bucko is on a distinguished road

6-speed 3.55's here ......totally love the machine. Not rockin' off the line but man it pulls through mid-range.

One thing --- these newer RAM's don't even have to move to get people talking. I cannot believe how many people have come up to me in parking lots to compliment me on my Sport .... It's like owning a sports car.