DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Mod Zone - Custom Dodge Ram Mods - Dodge Ram Performance > Custom Dodge Ram Performance Mods - Engine - 5.7 HEMI V8

Notices

Custom Dodge Ram Performance Mods - Engine - 5.7 HEMI V8 Discuss modifying your Dodge Ram with Performance Parts and Accessories!
Factory Spec: 5.7-liter HEMI® V8 engine - 390 horsepower, 407 lb-ft of torque.

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 09-02-2013, 01:22 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2011 ram r/t
Trim Level: r/t
Color: white
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:10
x11xxRAMxxRTx is on a distinguished road
Default programmers

I know if you put a programmer on your truck it will void the warranty. But with these new ones for the ram, if you just unplug it, will they still be able to tell if you have had a programmer plugged into it?
Sponsored links
Old 09-02-2013, 01:53 PM
BULLYS PERFORMANCE

Vehicle: MOPAR
Rep:931
Bully's Performance is a splendid one to beholdBully's Performance is a splendid one to beholdBully's Performance is a splendid one to beholdBully's Performance is a splendid one to beholdBully's Performance is a splendid one to beholdBully's Performance is a splendid one to beholdBully's Performance is a splendid one to beholdBully's Performance is a splendid one to behold

As long as you remove the tune from the truck, they will have no way of ever knowing it was on there. Hit us up for the best programmer prices on the web. sales@bullyperformance.com

ALSO Feel free to PM us, OR post in our Vendor Section for quotes/questions/assistance!
Old 09-02-2013, 02:44 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2012 Ram 1500 Express
Trim Level: Express
Color: Silver
Rep:354
karposvt is just really nicekarposvt is just really nicekarposvt is just really nicekarposvt is just really nice

Not completely true...

The pcm has a counter that they can look at to see how many times it's been flashed, if it was flashed by a dealer there will be a service record for it. If there is no service record they could possibly claim you had a tuner that upped the count. Depends on the dealer...
Old 09-02-2013, 03:29 PM
BULLYS PERFORMANCE

Bully's Performance is a splendid one to beholdBully's Performance is a splendid one to beholdBully's Performance is a splendid one to beholdBully's Performance is a splendid one to beholdBully's Performance is a splendid one to beholdBully's Performance is a splendid one to beholdBully's Performance is a splendid one to beholdBully's Performance is a splendid one to behold

Sorry if I have misspoken, but this is what Diablo told us. It shows up as nothing more than that the battery was disconnected and reconnected.

ALSO Feel free to PM us, OR post in our Vendor Section for quotes/questions/assistance!
Old 09-02-2013, 04:00 PM

karposvt is just really nicekarposvt is just really nicekarposvt is just really nicekarposvt is just really nice

A buddy of mine is a Chrysler tech and confirmed to me that he checked his own vehicle which has a tuner and he said it defiantly counts it as a reflash...
Old 09-02-2013, 06:32 PM

Vehicle: 2010 Ram RCSB 4x4
Trim Level: Sport
Color: Brilliant Black
Rep:514
BlackRamHemi is a glorious beacon of lightBlackRamHemi is a glorious beacon of lightBlackRamHemi is a glorious beacon of lightBlackRamHemi is a glorious beacon of lightBlackRamHemi is a glorious beacon of lightBlackRamHemi is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by karposvt View Post
A buddy of mine is a Chrysler tech and confirmed to me that he checked his own vehicle which has a tuner and he said it defiantly counts it as a reflash...
x2

When the PCM gets a legit flash from a dealer it gets recorded to your VIN in their system.
(and yes all dealership scan tools have access to who flashed your Ram at which dealer)

After the PCM gets an update (re-flash) from a dealers tool,
a decal placed on the PCM with a code explaining the reason for the re-flash.

You can remove a tune, and reinstall as many times as you wish,
but it will show as a non dealer tool accessed the pcm flash count each time.

They cant prove you had a tune,
but they can prove someone other than dealership flashed the PCM.(and how many times)

I've never had an issue with my dealer, not only do I leave my Tune installed,
I dont even take my Trinity out of the truck off its mount.

Most of them know me from the track anyway
if I break my shit, I know its on my dime.

However if my power window switch or motor goes on the fritz
or my AC has a massive failure....I have no doubt it would be fixed under warranty.

If my trans or rear diff goes up in smoke...that's all mine.

Murdered.. Lowered.. Alcohol Injected ..Blowered! 500WHP
Old 09-02-2013, 08:28 PM

Vehicle: 2011 dodge ram 1500 quad cab
Trim Level: sport 4x4
Color: hunter green pearl
Rep:10
TBILLIOT is on a distinguished road

When i my trans broke i tuned my truck back to stock and unplugged it and they try to blame it on the programmer and seen i went past the stock limiters
Old 09-02-2013, 08:30 PM
BULLYS PERFORMANCE

Quote:
Originally Posted by TBILLIOT View Post
When i my trans broke i tuned my truck back to stock and unplugged it and they try to blame it on the programmer and seen i went past the stock limiters
Thanks for the info. Seems as though DS was feeding us a line...

Old 09-02-2013, 10:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bully's Performance View Post
Thanks for the info. Seems as though DS was feeding us a line...
They're in the buisness of selling tuners, if they verified it left a trace, think about how many guys would wait 3-5 years before they bought one...
Old 09-03-2013, 10:26 PM

Vehicle: 2013 Laramie Limited
Trim Level: Limited
Color: Black
Rep:42
Alter Ego Trip is on a distinguished road

I always tell people to be very careful and use the tune at their own risk. Chrysler is one of the worst out there for warranty work. We have had many issues with Chrysler trying to deny claims due to aftermarket modifications. They have asked on several occasions to send a copy of the flash count before authorizing warranty work. It used to be certain dealers could make or break a warranty claim, but not any more. Even dealers who may have chosen to look the other way, are having their hands tied.

They are even installing black boxes in vehicles that record everything. We had a trainer that came in the other day and accessed the top speed a vehicle on our lot had been to. Rather eye opening to say the least.

That being said, the Magnuson Moss act has to have some sway in warranty work with guys who run tuners. Diesels are one thing; but it would be VERY tough to blow a motor or trans on a typical DD using a canned or even dyno tune.