DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - General Discussion > 2012 Dodge Ram Forum

Notices

2012 Dodge Ram Forum For specific discussion of the 2012 Dodge Ram!

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
United Radio
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 10-03-2013, 02:22 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2012 Ram 1500
Trim Level: SLT Bighorn
Color: True Blue
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:17
PJRNM is on a distinguished road

To burn a disc image from an ISO in Windows:

First, navigate to the ISO or IMG image file you want to burn, right click on it and select Burn disc image.

The Windows Disc Image Burner application will now open. You can choose which disk burner to use, if you have more than one, in the Disc burner drop-down list. To double check that the burning process was successful, you can select the option "Verify disc after burning". Insert a disc in your DVD or CD burner, wait for a few seconds and click on Burn.
Sponsored links
Old 10-15-2013, 10:58 AM

Vehicle: 2011 1500 Quad Cab Sport 4x4
Trim Level: Sport
Color: Deep Water Blue
Rep:10
dauer53 is on a distinguished road

I was able to perform both updates without pulling any fuses. Updated to the 33 then the 50 from version 20.02.01 with an RBZ radio.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cupcars View Post
2011 RBZ w/ Version 22.02.01 software.

I ran the ver 33.01.23 update. When I loaded the disc it asked if I wanted to update from ver 20.02.01 to 33.01.23. I picked yes. it went thru two processes (see pics) then the screen went blank. I waited about 10 minutes to see if it was going to do anything....nothing. I tried turning it on, eject the disc,... nothing, it was dead!

I removed the radio fuse under the hood for a few seconds, put it back in and turned the key on and the radio was alive again. It did update the software (see attached pics). It never asked me to "Update baseline data files on HDD" per the install instructions. Not sure if that needs to be installed and how to do it?

I plan on installing Ver 50 so I can have the black screen. I will post when I decide to do it. I have Lockpick 5 installed and I did not remove it for this software update.

Before:

Process 1

Process 2:

After:
Old 10-21-2013, 03:18 PM

Vehicle: 2011 CC Sport
Color: White
Engine: 2009-???? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
4Play1 is on a distinguished road

I updated to 33 from sox. Which file do I use to go to 50? I have a 2011 RBZ if that matters. What is the latest gracenotes file? From my understanding this is the only thing that makes the radio sound better anyway.
Old 10-22-2013, 11:55 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2012 Ram Express
Trim Level: Express
Color: True Blue
gr8ridn is on a distinguished road
Default Update Hell

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhepper View Post
Just tried doing the update on my RBZ radio and am beginning to think I am screwed. Inserted update disc (going from like 2x to 50) and it asked if I wanted to update (though didn't ask to update base files?) so said yes. Updated, went black, showed flashing, rebooted to show rams head and logo with uconnect underneath and it was just looping off then that, off then that. I can't get disc out and can't get it to do anything. Am I just screwed
Like behepper I loaded the 50.00.07 update into my RBZ radio expecting different results than him. Believe me, I hate breaking things that are working. I burned a disc and it went according to plan as far as loading the flash into the hard drive. Then it decended into update hell cycling between the Ram flash screen and black screen. I waited patiently thinking it is verifying what was loaded before. After 20 minutes nothing changed except the alternating screens. Oh no, bricked my perfectly good radio.

Next I went inside and burned another disk thinking the original was corrupted. When I returned to the truck it was still cycling screens. Time for bold action.

I pushed the first button since this odyssey began. The load button opened the screen, but no disk. Tried several times several times with the same result. the screen closed and went black. I figured it wasn't going to allow ejection while the disk was being read (I could hear it spinning and reading). The next time the flash screen came up I immediately hit the load button and viola, the update disk came out.

Inserted the new update disk and the same deal, cycling screens. The next step was to turn off the key perhaps releasing the radio from the crazy loop. No workie. I pulled the #12 radio fuse and the radio finally stopped the loop of screens. Tried to start the process again with the new disk same deal.

Unlike bhepper, I knew a warranty replacement was unlikely because the truck originally came with the RBZ 135 base radio and this one was purchased used from a radio recycler.

I had that sinking feeling I had ruined a $600.00 radio for nothing to gain except a change of screen colors. I re-read this entire topic again and towards the end I came across a thread that warned do not use a DVD but rather a CDR disk. My 2 DVDs were good enough to write to the hard drive in the first step, so this didn't make real sense. Well I had nothing to lose so I scrounged around the computer room and found a blank CDR, who uses these anymore?

Went back out to the truck and extracted the DVD still running nowhere and was able to eject it using the method above.

Viola! The looping stopped and it went into a flash load sequence with no further action. After waiting for this to finish the radio came to life. Checked the info screen and the radio now showed 50.00.07! Everything works as before. U-connect still recognizes the phone and works perfectly.

All of this tale of woe is to save another hapless updater from throwing in the towel and save some sanity.

USE ONLY CDR Disks when updating these radios.
Old 10-23-2013, 11:10 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2011 Dodge Ram 1500 Crew Cab
Trim Level: SLT Lonestar
Color: Grey
nick.watkins is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Play1 View Post
I updated to 33 from sox. Which file do I use to go to 50? I have a 2011 RBZ if that matters. What is the latest gracenotes file? From my understanding this is the only thing that makes the radio sound better anyway.
update 50 can be downloaded here http://www.mydrive.ch/browse#/14983985/MyGIG 430N - RHB Garmin

I'm in the same boat looking to update grace notes database
Old 10-24-2013, 02:12 PM

Vehicle: 2011 CC Sport
Color: White
Engine: 2009-???? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
4Play1 is on a distinguished road

Thanks Nick. I'm updated to 50 and all is good. Let me know if you find any gracenote update.
Old 10-25-2013, 04:13 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Junior Member

Vehicle: 2012 Ram Sport 4x4
Color: Dark Gray
Rep:33
Natedog37 is on a distinguished road

Thanks going to try the update this weekend.

Here is my question. I have the basic RBZ

No nav etc.

Will the 50.00.07, and 33 work

The names say RHB-RBZ-RB@, and 430N_RHB-RBZ?
Old 11-07-2013, 12:19 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2011 Dodge Ram 1500 Sport
Trim Level: Sport Quad Cab
Color: Deep Ocean/ Water Blue
Rep:65
MrGoodbar will become famous soon enough

did both updates. looks great.
but when i used 50.xx.xx disc for update, it said that "PND was not updated" when it tried to update nav.

looks great and works fine.

what is PND and is it needed?
Old 11-07-2013, 11:47 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2011 Dodge Ram
letchcj is on a distinguished road

I have this same issue. Any advice?
Old 11-08-2013, 07:58 AM

Vehicle: green flying carpet
Trim Level: upper and lower
Rep:73
xsdbs will become famous soon enough

This message just lets you know that the Garmin OS is the same level as what is on the update disc. This SW version has nothing to do with the Navigation SW version, only the operating system. Navigation updates are a purchased update.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrGoodbar View Post
did both updates. looks great.
but when i used 50.xx.xx disc for update, it said that "PND was not updated" when it tried to update nav.

looks great and works fine.

what is PND and is it needed?