DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - General Discussion > Dodge Ram Special Edition Models > Dodge Power Wagon

Notices

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
United Radio
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 09-06-2013, 12:36 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2008 Reg. Cab/Bed 4x4
Trim Level: SLT
Color: Black
Engine: 2003-2008 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 345hp 375lb/ft
Rep:70
Lil Black 4x4 Hemi will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to Lil Black 4x4 Hemi Send a message via Yahoo to Lil Black 4x4 Hemi

Great replies guys! I really appreciate the detailed replies. I've been talking to the largest dealer in state whose owner and I have a mutual friend so they are trying to get me some friends and family pricing...allegedly!

On topic, I am a bit old school and was thinking the old "no replacement for displacement" adage. The PW will be my daily driver and will see a lot of highway miles, so the little bits for mileage would be appreciated. My 1/2 has a 3.92 and I get 13-14mpg (hand calculated) and I've never had a lick of problems with my MDS...but I am pretty regimented about tow/haul for a good load and on mine it has always disabled it.

Regardless, when I drop the hammer off road, or tow the ole flatbed or stock trailer, or haul fire wood I need the capability to be there otherwise we probably wouldn't even be having this conversation. Now that I think about it how I survived on my awful Goodyear HPs for 30k miles is beyond me...I think I must have avoided everything and mentally blocked it...anyhow, I digress.

I've never ponied up and actually bought a tuner for my Ram, I chipped my old GMC eons ago, but haven't done anything like that since. Exhaust, CAI, maybe a level if the rake is too drastic for me...that's probably it. In fact the PW is only on the list because of the fact it comes with a little bit of factory lift, decent tires (though admittedly not my favorites) and the lockers. The sway bar disconnect is cool, the winch is GREAT, but I'll be honest with myself and say the winch will see minimal use (since I have decent tires) and probably the sway bar disconnect even more so since I'm not a rock crawler (unless I misunderstand all its uses).

Is it true the '14 will ONLY have 4.10s? That's a huge deal because unless they re-gear the tranny specifically for the PW the HP from the 6.4L will ALL be smoke and mirrors.
K&N Cold Air Intake, Magnaflow Exhaust, Rancho RS5000s, TRUXXX Leveling Kit, Heavy Duty Towing Shackles, Recon Smoked Cab Lights, Chrome Fender Flares, Stainless Door-sills, Chrome Door Trim, Atturo Trail Blade 35x12.50R20, METAL Grille Inserts.
Sponsored links
Old 09-07-2013, 12:49 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2012 Powerwagon
Trim Level: SLT
Color: Black/Red
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:29
Sledlvr is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by battlerattle View Post
Dont put to much emphasis on the 6.4. The numbers are only marginally better than the 5.7, the only big advantage is the larger displacement allows the use of MDS (can be a headache in itself).

383 hp
400 lb/ft

410 hp
429 lb/ft

It really looks like alot, but when you factor in where the numbers are available (RPM wise) and drivetrain losses its really less than a 10% improvement. You can get that plus more with tuning on a left over 2013 and still be chaeper than a 2014. As for the coil suspensions it is hit and miss. I liked them for overall ride quality, but not for towing/hauling (they feel wiggly to me).
I agree , the numbers don't seem significant , but, I'm thinking of the potential of the larger motor, as nothing stays stock for long in my world ,and I need more torque , I was heavily leaning toward trading my 12 for a 14 , but have decided I'd be further ahead buying a crate motor and putting it in my 12. The toughness of this truck and it's capabilities off road amaze me , I'm not ready to be a test mule on a new suspension package
37x12.50 17' Super Swampers , HID's, Bullydog tuner,Catch can,Volant Powercore CAI, 4" Dynomax exhaustfor a 6.7 diesel, Kenwood TM271 65w VHF radio,240mm Lightforce Blitz HID driving lights,Custom 8'x9' aluminum sled deck
Old 10-31-2013, 04:14 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2011 Ford Raptor
Trim Level: TBD
Color: Black
Rep:10
Boss Hoss is on a distinguished road

Hopefully the pricing will not be too far off but on the 2013 PW using our company code for the ARPP the price bottom line for a prettty hard loaded vehicle will be a little less than 52k. Not too bad so I will figure about a 10% increase for 2014 because of the new motor and other changes.

Was told by a buffon on the phone when I called up to Detroit Monday (she said PW's were avail in 2500 and 3500) that they are availaible to order now for Jan delivery and to locate a local dealer. Funny that they are not on the Ram Website yet for 2014!