DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - General Discussion > 2013 Dodge Ram Forum

Notices

2013 Dodge Ram Forum For specific discussion of the 2013 Dodge Ram!

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
United Radio
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 09-05-2013, 12:59 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2013 Laramie Limited
Trim Level: Limited
Color: Black
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:42
Alter Ego Trip is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by RogerRamJet View Post
Luke, you are exactly right.
I would have to disagree. His statement was "Dodge trucks are lemons". I would have to say the majority of Ram trucks are running flawlessly. Obviously a lot of people don't come on here and post; "My gosh, this is an awesome truck with no issues". Instead they are out enjoying their truck, or hanging out the performance section finding ways to spend more money on go fast goodies.

A more accurate statement would have been; "My Dodge truck is a lemon". Even though technically a lemon is a vehicle suffering from the same problem over and over, we would have gotten your drift about multiple issues and agreed with you.

Quote:
I joined this site for info and to keep updated with issues and my thought is, I can stay quite or report problems so others can share solutions or state the same problems with the idea it might lead to answers.
Yup, that's exactly what this forum is for. And a lot of knowledgeable guys frequent here that are more than happy to help. Funny thing is; I don't recall you asking for any solutions. You just came on here and laid out the smack down about how much you hate your truck and Dodge is the devil.

I own a Ram. I've owned Ford, Chevy, Subaru, Nissan, Toyota, and a few more. Am I partial to any of them? Nope. I call a spade a spade. Sounds like you got the short end of the stick on your truck, and I wish you the best on getting it fixed quickly and correctly. The fact of the matter is, no matter how much you don't want to hear it; all brands have problems. It's how well the dealer and mfg take care of them that makes the difference to me. JMTC.
Sponsored links
Old 09-05-2013, 01:30 AM
God Bless Texas!

Vehicle: 2005 Ram 1500
Trim Level: Lonestar QC
Color: White
Engine: 2002-2007 287ci (4.7L) PowerTech V8 235hp 295lb/ft
Rep:2929
RogerRamJet has a reputation beyond reputeRogerRamJet has a reputation beyond reputeRogerRamJet has a reputation beyond reputeRogerRamJet has a reputation beyond reputeRogerRamJet has a reputation beyond reputeRogerRamJet has a reputation beyond reputeRogerRamJet has a reputation beyond reputeRogerRamJet has a reputation beyond reputeRogerRamJet has a reputation beyond reputeRogerRamJet has a reputation beyond reputeRogerRamJet has a reputation beyond repute

OK, Ego, let me clarify. The "you're exactly right" was referring to his quote "I joined this site for info and to keep updated with issues and my thought is, I can stay quite or report problems so others can share solutions or state the same problems with the idea it might lead to answers." And he did ask, in his original post, if anyone else was having his problems. So give the kid a break. Perhaps he was a little over zealous by stating that 2013 Dodge truck are lemons, which we all know, as a whole, is not true. But there are lemons out there. This kid just laid down probably 25 large for a truck that is touted to be the best. But so far, it hasn't delivered. So cut him some slack.
Old 09-05-2013, 02:22 AM

Quote:
OK, Ego, let me clarify. The "you're exactly right" was referring to his quote "I joined this site for info and to keep updated with issues and my thought is, I can stay quite or report problems so others can share solutions or state the same problems with the idea it might lead to answers." And he did ask, in his original post, if anyone else was having his problems. So give the kid a break. Perhaps he was a little over zealous by stating that 2013 Dodge truck are lemons, which we all know, as a whole, is not true. But there are lemons out there. This kid just laid down probably 25 large for a truck that is touted to be the best. But so far, it hasn't delivered. So cut him some slack.
Maybe you need to go back and read my previous posts.

Quote:
That's a bummer. I can understand your frustration.
Quote:
Sounds like you got the short end of the stick on your truck, and I wish you the best on getting it fixed quickly and correctly.
If he's looking for someone to pander to him, I guess he found one. I was merely stating the obvious and laying out the facts. I'll make sure I sugarcoat things more in the future for those on here with thinner skin.
Old 09-05-2013, 09:39 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Junior Member

Vehicle: 2013 Ram 1500
Trim Level: Laramie
Color: Silver/grey
Rep:13
1979WagoneerLTD is on a distinguished road
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by lukeott View Post
Let's see, my trucks fuel tank is empty and have been to 3 stations trying to put fuel in and the only place the fuel is going is the side of the truck. Next, there's the issue of check engine light always on. Then there's the key thingy not able to go in the off position and being able to remove it. Manual 4 wheel drive shifter, can't get it to move and afraid of breaking the handle. Does Dodge even care?? Wondering how they could wait 6 months to release this truck and still have this many problems. It's got less then 4000 miles and wondering how many other things will go wrong before 10000 miles. Every time I sit in the truck to drive it, another thing stops working properly. I bought a new truck to not have problems. Are any of you guys having these problems???? Dropping my truck off tomorrow for the third time and they said they will be keeping it awhile to figure it out. There's nothing like buying a new truck and keeping it at the dealership.
Escalate to the customer resource center. Did you get the Ram Group survey? If you give them specifics of what components have failed and when, you'll get some attention.

The "Starship", as I call the 13 my Dodge, is more technologically advanced than the original space shuttle. Like previous generations, all systems traffic is on the CAN, and brokered via the gateway(s). And, since about 03, the manufacturer diagnostic system will push any software patches that are generated by consumer/service department/safety/government feedback.

Mine did have a cold-boot hiccup yesterday, when the driver interface displayed some weird numerals and the truck wouldn't shift out of first. Gave it a sec, and it shook the cobwebs out and everything was fine. Kind of like tapping the throttle to unload the automatic choke in the old days.
Old 09-05-2013, 10:19 AM
God Bless Texas!

Vehicle: 2005 Ram 1500
Trim Level: Lonestar QC
Engine: 2002-2007 287ci (4.7L) PowerTech V8 235hp 295lb/ft
Rep:2929
RogerRamJet has a reputation beyond reputeRogerRamJet has a reputation beyond reputeRogerRamJet has a reputation beyond reputeRogerRamJet has a reputation beyond reputeRogerRamJet has a reputation beyond reputeRogerRamJet has a reputation beyond reputeRogerRamJet has a reputation beyond reputeRogerRamJet has a reputation beyond reputeRogerRamJet has a reputation beyond reputeRogerRamJet has a reputation beyond reputeRogerRamJet has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alter Ego Trip View Post
Maybe you need to go back and read my previous posts.

If he's looking for someone to pander to him, I guess he found one. I was merely stating the obvious and laying out the facts. I'll make sure I sugarcoat things more in the future for those on here with thinner skin.
Went back and read your post. And now that I've had some sleep... my apologies for trying to knock your dick in the dirt. Reps for calling it like you see it.
Old 09-05-2013, 12:34 PM

Quote:
Went back and read your post. And now that I've had some sleep... my apologies for trying to knock your dick in the dirt. Reps for calling it like you see it.
No worries.
Old 09-05-2013, 02:30 PM
The Sound of Eight Hooves

Vehicle: 2013 Ram1500 4x4 8HP70 3.21LSD
Trim Level: Lone Star Quad Cab
Color: Bright White
Engine: 2013-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 395hp 410lb/ft
Rep:519
Thunderhorse is a glorious beacon of lightThunderhorse is a glorious beacon of lightThunderhorse is a glorious beacon of lightThunderhorse is a glorious beacon of lightThunderhorse is a glorious beacon of lightThunderhorse is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by NanoEngineer View Post
What are you smoking? He's right, they are lemons, my 2013 has a laundry list of problems, vibration, blank screen 8.4AN, dash lights stay on 24 hrs a day, rear view mirror constantly sags and needs adjustment, condensations in all the lights. If thats not a lemon what is? I'm lucky it even starts right now. Blanket statement that.
Quote:
Originally Posted by lukeott View Post
Sorry this upsets you and so glad your truck has no problems, but it is what it is. I can tell you I'm not a wealthy man and spending this kind of money is very difficult. With this said, I'm not making a false statement. My wish would to not have to say this about the truck, I sure can't just go buy another truck. I kind of was forced to buy a new truck because of the older truck was killing me with repairs, so I bit the bullet and bought new so I would not have any problems. Instead the new truck is in the shop more then the old one, and that's the plain truth of the matter. No blankets here. I joined this site for info and to keep updated with issues and my thought is, I can stay quite or report problems so others can share solutions or state the same problems with the idea it might lead to answers.
Here's the deal: the OP said that 2013 Rams are lemons. This is a blanket statement that applies to all 2013 Rams (because of how it is worded). Clearly this is not true as I and several other members have not had problems with our trucks. Any time a manufacturer produces any product on a large scale there are bound to be problems with some. Are there more problematic 1500s than there should be? Probably, but they do not possess an inherent design flaw that would make all of them lemons, or all have problems as both of your statements imply. Also keep in mind that this is a forum and people come here for help and advice as well as to learn about their trucks, so there is bound to be a higher proportion of forum members reporting problems than in the actual population of all Ram owners.

It sucks that you guys are having problems, and I really hope that they get fixed and you keep us informed of the process along the way. I hope Chrysler is helpful and responsive in dealing with your issues, and if you have lost confidence in your trucks if/when they are repaired and decide to no longer be Ram owners, then so be it and good luck with your next truck. However, none of this changes the fact that the OP failed to articulate his message accurately, and that NanoEngineer misunderstood my original post.
Old 09-05-2013, 03:00 PM

Vehicle: 2013 Ram Sport
Trim Level: Sport
Rep:74
AirborneSilva will become famous soon enough

LOL, sorry Thunderhorse I just had to use that smiley I really don't think you're stupid and do agree with you, on the whole there are many more trouble free Rams then there are with issues. I have been lucky so far and none of the issues has cropped up for me, well except for the fact that I don't have the SRT app that others seem to have (I hate those people - not really).

I hope the OP gets it figured out for him and that he's able to enjoy his Ram!

2013 Ram Sport
1976 Corvette L82

Old 09-05-2013, 07:42 PM

Vehicle: 2013 RAM 1500
Rep:29
Omac is on a distinguished road

I don't think there is a better truck on the market. But mine did have some problems and the dealer fixed them. If the dealer didn't that would be an issue. The engineering and design of this truck is awesome and I'm very happy with the truck. Chrysler does need to get their act together in getting parts to the dealer in a timely manner. I shouldn't have to wait 10 days for a clock spring for my new truck that took less than an hour to install.
Mopar Hood Deflector, Mopar Mud Flaps Front/Rear, Fire/Ice Mud Flap LEDs, Tonno Bed Cover, Mopar Bed Mat, Mopar Tailgate Liner,Window Tint, Husky WeatherBeater Floor Liner Front/Rear, Mopar Chrome Gas Door
Old 09-06-2013, 08:41 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2014 Dodge Ram
Rep:420
skytop is just really niceskytop is just really niceskytop is just really niceskytop is just really niceskytop is just really nice

Pretty bold statement. Actually, you are quite wrong. The GM trucks are the real lemons of the truck industry. You should get your facts straight.