DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - General Discussion > 2013 Dodge Ram Forum

Notices

2013 Dodge Ram Forum For specific discussion of the 2013 Dodge Ram!

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 09-07-2013, 12:19 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2013 Ram sport crew 6.4box 4X4
Trim Level: sport
Color: black
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:11
jimmy65 is on a distinguished road

look.......we all know when he OP says "2013 dodge trucks are lemons" he's not talking about "all" dodge trucks. hes just talking about his.

i'm sure he'd like to brag about his new ram but he cant due to the issues he's having.

just like myself, right now i too think rams are lemons but i am referring to just my truck. my ram is 30days old now and its been in the shop 4 times for a total of 9 days with cel light on, escalating to OD pressure sensor/TCM/PCM issues. i guess i should be lucky that i dont have the "common" issues rams are having.

i love the 2013 rams just cant brag about it right now.

but i do see that "customer satisfaction" all comes down to "customer service" from the dealer or the manufacturer.

customers who purchase new vehicles with zero issues dont have to use "customer service". customer service is there for unsatisfied customers and when you purchase a new vehicle in the $40,000 range its ok to expect "no issues" but its not ok to get no customer service.

i hope the OP gets his issues resolved and begins to enjoy his truck. like the other ram owners.
Sponsored links
Old 09-07-2013, 01:01 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2013 ram
Trim Level: laramie
Color: silver
Rep:10
rroberts6969 is on a distinguished road

Well I have a 2013 Laramie 2200 miles and I love my LEMON.
Old 09-07-2013, 01:37 AM
God Bless Texas!

Vehicle: 2005 Ram 1500
Trim Level: Lonestar QC
Color: White
Engine: 2002-2007 287ci (4.7L) PowerTech V8 235hp 295lb/ft
Rep:2918
RogerRamJet has a reputation beyond reputeRogerRamJet has a reputation beyond reputeRogerRamJet has a reputation beyond reputeRogerRamJet has a reputation beyond reputeRogerRamJet has a reputation beyond reputeRogerRamJet has a reputation beyond reputeRogerRamJet has a reputation beyond reputeRogerRamJet has a reputation beyond reputeRogerRamJet has a reputation beyond reputeRogerRamJet has a reputation beyond reputeRogerRamJet has a reputation beyond repute

Do we tell folks not to exaggerate when they post, "Ram trucks are the best gawd damn truck on the planet!"? I'm thinking not because, well, they are the best gawd damn trucks on the planet. But WE know that the OP is talking about their Ram.
Old 09-07-2013, 02:08 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2013 Ram Sport
Color: Mineral Grey Metalic
RamSport13 is on a distinguished road

I know his pain on having problems with a new truck. My 2008 Sport (pictured below) was in the shop 6 months the first year I owned it. List of problems, radio replaced 3 times, 2 wiper motors, new rear drive shaft, TIPM replaced 8 times, PCM replaced, motor for the transfer case engagement replaced 6 times, MDS system completely replaced, front differential rebuilt. Even though frustrating, I worked with my dealership and was calm in all dealings with them. I had 9 rental cars during that time. That was the most frustrating, hate rentals. Working with the dealership, worked in my favor. I was able to swing a deal with Chrysler, they paid me back 3 months of truck payments and added a 1,000,000 mile warranty on the truck, which is unheard of. In the end, after 2 years, I took it in because of an oil leak coming from the engine, they figured it may have had a cracked block, turned out to be the oil sending unit was bad. But I had had enough, I traded up to an 2011 SLT, which was completely trouble free. I have since traded up again to my 2013 Sport, I have had a few problems with it, but that is why we have warranties. Warranty work can be frustrating, but remember it's not the mechanics at the dealership that caused the problem, they are only trying to correct it. Work with them, they will work with you, in most cases.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 25670_110847488942549_1461001_n.jpg (90.4 KB, 16 views)
Old 09-07-2013, 06:46 AM

Vehicle: 2013 RAM 1500 Laramie
Trim Level: Laramie
Color: Cherry Red
Rep:465
Monster5601 is a glorious beacon of lightMonster5601 is a glorious beacon of lightMonster5601 is a glorious beacon of lightMonster5601 is a glorious beacon of lightMonster5601 is a glorious beacon of light

Your story is why everyone should be familiar with their state's Lemon Laws. The laws give you a way-out if needed but also empower you.

http://www.yourlemonlawrights.com/mi...FchDMgodZVwA3Q

Look up you state's Lemon Laws.
Old 09-07-2013, 09:56 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Color: Mineral Grey Metalic
RamSport13 is on a distinguished road

Knowing the lemon laws within your state are key. With my story on my 2008, it just so happened that at the point before they refunded me the money and put the warranty on onto it, was when Chrysler filed bankruptcy. I had actually had on order a 2010 that was going to replace the 2008 per Chrysler's approval. But when the bankruptcy hit and they shut down the assembly lines, they struck up a different deal for me. That truck taught me that when something is going wrong, record it. Whether it be by writing details down, photo's or video. Record your concerns, your records on your vehicle will come in handy when you attempt to get the problem corrected.
Old 09-08-2013, 01:35 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2013 Ram Black Express
Trim Level: Express
heathgamble is on a distinguished road

I bought my 2013 Black express a little over a month ago. Two days later the Service Engine Light came on. Diagnostics said replace O2 Sensor. Dealer replaced, cleared codes. Light came back on on the way home. Back to dealer we go. After more diagnostics they discovered a faulty weld in the catalytic converter upstream from the O2 sensor. Replaced the catalytic converter two weeks ago and no problems. I also have to say that my dealer was a great help and gave me a rental car for the week my truck was at the dealership waiting on parts. Every manufacturer has problems. Hopefully Ram will make yours right.
Old 09-08-2013, 07:58 AM

Trim Level: Sport
Color: Black
Rep:74
AirborneSilva will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by heathgamble View Post
I bought my 2013 Black express a little over a month ago. Two days later the Service Engine Light came on. Diagnostics said replace O2 Sensor. Dealer replaced, cleared codes. Light came back on on the way home. Back to dealer we go. After more diagnostics they discovered a faulty weld in the catalytic converter upstream from the O2 sensor. Replaced the catalytic converter two weeks ago and no problems. I also have to say that my dealer was a great help and gave me a rental car for the week my truck was at the dealership waiting on parts. Every manufacturer has problems. Hopefully Ram will make yours right.
It's not the manufacturer's, Chrysler, fault that vendors are making shit parts, the unions and our wonderful government have chased companies off shore or out of business so the quality control is crap.

2013 Ram Sport
1976 Corvette L82

Old 09-08-2013, 08:34 AM

Vehicle: 2013 Ram
Trim Level: Sport
Color: Black
Engine: 2013-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 395hp 410lb/ft
pld is on a distinguished road

Go buy GM like I use to have full of check engine lights and pukey motors; with the exception of the Duramax.
Old 09-08-2013, 02:33 PM
God Bless Texas!

Vehicle: 2005 Ram 1500
Trim Level: Lonestar QC
Color: White
Engine: 2002-2007 287ci (4.7L) PowerTech V8 235hp 295lb/ft
Rep:2918
RogerRamJet has a reputation beyond reputeRogerRamJet has a reputation beyond reputeRogerRamJet has a reputation beyond reputeRogerRamJet has a reputation beyond reputeRogerRamJet has a reputation beyond reputeRogerRamJet has a reputation beyond reputeRogerRamJet has a reputation beyond reputeRogerRamJet has a reputation beyond reputeRogerRamJet has a reputation beyond reputeRogerRamJet has a reputation beyond reputeRogerRamJet has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by AirborneSilva View Post
It's not the manufacturer's, Chrysler, fault that vendors are making shit parts, the unions and our wonderful government have chased companies off shore or out of business so the quality control is crap.
^^^^^^When will folks wake up and realize this?