DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - General Discussion > 2013 Dodge Ram Forum


Notices

2013 Dodge Ram Forum For specific discussion of the 2013 Dodge Ram!


Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
Bayou Goat Mounts

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 09-04-2013, 09:13 PM
HeMi BosS HeMi BosS is offline
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 149
Gender: Male
Vehicle: 13 Hemi Ram Sport
Rep Power: 0
Rep:10
HeMi BosS is on a distinguished road
Default suspension lift ? helpp

i have a 13 ram sport 1500, and wondering if anyone has a 6 or 8 inch lift ?

i was thinking of 8 inch lift, does anyone know any 8 inch lift thats affordable and worth it?

also would a lift kit void warranty ?
Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
  #2  
Old 09-04-2013, 09:20 PM
Astartes Astartes is offline
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Jacksonville
Age: 24
Posts: 624
Gender: Male
Vehicle: 2010 4.7l v8 4x4
Trim Level: SLT
Color: Black
Engine: 2008-20?? 287ci (4.7L) PowerTech V8 310hp 330lb/ft
Rep Power: 2
Rep:160
Astartes has a spectacular aura aboutAstartes has a spectacular aura about
Default

Try getting a 6" rough country lift with bilsteins 5100 adjustables for the front struts. run you about 1600 ish total, not including installation. Hit up fastnugly from bullys performance, his company sells them.
__________________
Greater love has no one than this, that a man lay down his life for his brothers. -John 15:13

My Mods

Last edited by Astartes; 09-04-2013 at 09:44 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 09-04-2013, 09:32 PM
mrolow's Avatar
mrolow mrolow is offline
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: California
Posts: 221
Gender: Male
Vehicle: 2013 Ram 2500 4x4
Trim Level: Big Horn
Color: Prairie Pearl Clearcoat
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep Power: 3
Rep:132
mrolow will become famous soon enoughmrolow will become famous soon enough
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeMi BosS View Post
i have a 13 ram sport 1500, and wondering if anyone has a 6 or 8 inch lift ?

i was thinking of 8 inch lift, does anyone know any 8 inch lift thats affordable and worth it?

also would a lift kit void warranty ?
You did not specify if 2 or 4 wheel drive. 6" is the most I have seen for 4 wheel drive, 7" for 2 wheel drive.
__________________
Mods: Too many to list
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 09-04-2013, 11:11 PM
HeMi BosS HeMi BosS is offline
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 149
Gender: Male
Vehicle: 13 Hemi Ram Sport
Rep Power: 0
Rep:10
HeMi BosS is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrolow View Post
You did not specify if 2 or 4 wheel drive. 6" is the most I have seen for 4 wheel drive, 7" for 2 wheel drive.
4x4.................
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 09-04-2013, 11:16 PM
HeMi BosS HeMi BosS is offline
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 149
Gender: Male
Vehicle: 13 Hemi Ram Sport
Rep Power: 0
Rep:10
HeMi BosS is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astartes View Post
Try getting a 6" rough country lift with bilsteins 5100 adjustables for the front struts. run you about 1600 ish total, not including installation. Hit up fastnugly from bullys performance, his company sells them.
so with the blistens their adjustable right? would i be able to make it an 8 inch lift?

and also hows the ride with rough country compared to stock ? hows it so cheap ?
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 09-05-2013, 12:25 AM
brandonjansen's Avatar
brandonjansen brandonjansen is offline
Lifted Cummins Fanatic


 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Abbotsford, BC, Canada
Age: 22
Posts: 5,076
Gender: Male
Vehicle: 2012 Dodge Ram 3500 CCSB 4x4
Trim Level: Laramie Limited
Color: Mineral Grey Metallic
Engine: 2011-20?? 409ci (6.7L) Cummins Turbo Diesel 350hp 800lb/ft
Rep Power: 7
Rep:1945
brandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant future
Default

Max suspension lift you can get for a 1500 is 6" and then add Bilsteins on the front to level the truck. 1.4" on the Bilsteins will put you pretty much dead level. If you want to go higher for more lift height then you will want to add rear coil spacers as well to avoid Cali lean.

Check out Rough Country and BDS for lifts. Rough Country is definitely the cheapest and tons of guys are running it with no problems at all. I had no complaints with mine on my 1500. With the lift and Bilsteins the ride was even better than stock. Again, absolutely no complaints there. It handled and drove very well!

As Astartes said, contact Andrew, Jeremiah, or Eric at sales@bullysperformance.com. Be sure to mention that you're a forum member and were referred by us and they'll hook you up with some great pricing on everything you need.
__________________
Sponsored by:

2012 Ram 3500 Laramie Limited Cummins Build Thread
8" BDS Long Arm Lift with Fox 2.0 Shocks | Dual Fox 2.0 Steering Stabilizer | 37x13.5 Toyo MT's | AMP Powersteps & Bedstep | Bakflip G2
EST 500 hp/1268 ft-lbs at FW | H&S MiniMaxx Custom Tuned | 4" Flo Pro Stainless TBE | Sinister EGR Delete | ARP 425 Head Studs | S&B Intake w/ Scoop
Guide to Leveling & Wheel and Tire Sizing for 06+ 4wd Ram 1500's
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 09-05-2013, 03:08 AM
HeMi BosS HeMi BosS is offline
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 149
Gender: Male
Vehicle: 13 Hemi Ram Sport
Rep Power: 0
Rep:10
HeMi BosS is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandonjansen View Post
Max suspension lift you can get for a 1500 is 6" and then add Bilsteins on the front to level the truck. 1.4" on the Bilsteins will put you pretty much dead level. If you want to go higher for more lift height then you will want to add rear coil spacers as well to avoid Cali lean.

Check out Rough Country and BDS for lifts. Rough Country is definitely the cheapest and tons of guys are running it with no problems at all. I had no complaints with mine on my 1500. With the lift and Bilsteins the ride was even better than stock. Again, absolutely no complaints there. It handled and drove very well!

As Astartes said, contact Andrew, Jeremiah, or Eric at sales@bullysperformance.com. Be sure to mention that you're a forum member and were referred by us and they'll hook you up with some great pricing on everything you need.
i looked at bds its a little too pricey for me, im pretty interested in the rough country lift though, and also on their website you can purchase additional shox, would i need to buy them for a better ride ?

my dealer installed a leveling kit, i think its a 2.5 inch block because the truck looks level so would i have to purchase blistins ? or seperate shox ?

lastly, does intalling a lift kit void warranty ?

thanks for the help.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 09-05-2013, 12:10 PM
brandonjansen's Avatar
brandonjansen brandonjansen is offline
Lifted Cummins Fanatic


 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Abbotsford, BC, Canada
Age: 22
Posts: 5,076
Gender: Male
Vehicle: 2012 Dodge Ram 3500 CCSB 4x4
Trim Level: Laramie Limited
Color: Mineral Grey Metallic
Engine: 2011-20?? 409ci (6.7L) Cummins Turbo Diesel 350hp 800lb/ft
Rep Power: 7
Rep:1945
brandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant future
Default

Rough Country is definitely a great kit if you're looking to stay under a tighter budget. I'm not sure what additional shocks you're talking about purchasing with the kit. It comes with the rear shocks already and the front of a Ram 1500 uses a strut assembly. I know the Rough Country kit does have the option to add kicker bars to the kit, is that maybe what you're referring to?

When you install the lift kit you will need to remove the 2.5" leveling spacer that the dealership installed on your truck. You can not stack spacers. The RCX kit will come with a new (much larger) spacer to put on top of your strut. If you want to have a level truck when it's lifted or add any additional lift you will need the Bilsteins as well. Otherwise you will have approximately 2" of rake with the stock RCX kit (no Bilsteins).

A lift kit will void warranty on many of the suspension components of your truck (obviously since you are changing them all). But it will not void the warranty on your whole truck. The only way warranty can be voided is if the dealership can prove the part you added caused the problem. So for example if you have an issue with your power windows not working obviously that has nothing to do with the lift or any other mods you've done so it will still be covered.
__________________
Sponsored by:

2012 Ram 3500 Laramie Limited Cummins Build Thread
8" BDS Long Arm Lift with Fox 2.0 Shocks | Dual Fox 2.0 Steering Stabilizer | 37x13.5 Toyo MT's | AMP Powersteps & Bedstep | Bakflip G2
EST 500 hp/1268 ft-lbs at FW | H&S MiniMaxx Custom Tuned | 4" Flo Pro Stainless TBE | Sinister EGR Delete | ARP 425 Head Studs | S&B Intake w/ Scoop
Guide to Leveling & Wheel and Tire Sizing for 06+ 4wd Ram 1500's
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 09-05-2013, 03:54 PM
HeMi BosS HeMi BosS is offline
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 149
Gender: Male
Vehicle: 13 Hemi Ram Sport
Rep Power: 0
Rep:10
HeMi BosS is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandonjansen View Post
Rough Country is definitely a great kit if you're looking to stay under a tighter budget. I'm not sure what additional shocks you're talking about purchasing with the kit. It comes with the rear shocks already and the front of a Ram 1500 uses a strut assembly. I know the Rough Country kit does have the option to add kicker bars to the kit, is that maybe what you're referring to?

When you install the lift kit you will need to remove the 2.5" leveling spacer that the dealership installed on your truck. You can not stack spacers. The RCX kit will come with a new (much larger) spacer to put on top of your strut. If you want to have a level truck when it's lifted or add any additional lift you will need the Bilsteins as well. Otherwise you will have approximately 2" of rake with the stock RCX kit (no Bilsteins).

A lift kit will void warranty on many of the suspension components of your truck (obviously since you are changing them all). But it will not void the warranty on your whole truck. The only way warranty can be voided is if the dealership can prove the part you added caused the problem. So for example if you have an issue with your power windows not working obviously that has nothing to do with the lift or any other mods you've done so it will still be covered.
alright im deciding on the rough country right now,, i was browsing the web and u saw this site with cheap procomp lifts could you check it out ?

http://www.pcscustom.com/searchresults.asp?cat=5087

http://www.pcscustom.com/searchresults.asp?cat=5089

http://www.pcscustom.com/searchresults.asp?cat=5522

http://www.pcscustom.com/searchresults.asp?cat=5524
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 09-05-2013, 04:15 PM
brandonjansen's Avatar
brandonjansen brandonjansen is offline
Lifted Cummins Fanatic


 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Abbotsford, BC, Canada
Age: 22
Posts: 5,076
Gender: Male
Vehicle: 2012 Dodge Ram 3500 CCSB 4x4
Trim Level: Laramie Limited
Color: Mineral Grey Metallic
Engine: 2011-20?? 409ci (6.7L) Cummins Turbo Diesel 350hp 800lb/ft
Rep Power: 7
Rep:1945
brandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant future
Default

I'm not really a fan of the rear lift set up on ProComp kits... instead of using longer springs they just use a big spacer. It's a little half assed IMO. Other then that they do make a good product.

Obviously all those different kits come with different components and different ways of lifting. You'd have to decide yourself exactly what you want to go with and how good of a lift you want.
__________________
Sponsored by:

2012 Ram 3500 Laramie Limited Cummins Build Thread
8" BDS Long Arm Lift with Fox 2.0 Shocks | Dual Fox 2.0 Steering Stabilizer | 37x13.5 Toyo MT's | AMP Powersteps & Bedstep | Bakflip G2
EST 500 hp/1268 ft-lbs at FW | H&S MiniMaxx Custom Tuned | 4" Flo Pro Stainless TBE | Sinister EGR Delete | ARP 425 Head Studs | S&B Intake w/ Scoop
Guide to Leveling & Wheel and Tire Sizing for 06+ 4wd Ram 1500's
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


Advertisement






All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:45 AM.


= Copyright RamForumZ.com a Gigathreads.com Network Site =Ad Management by RedTyger
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
vB.Sponsors


=Gigathreads Network=
CLUBS MOPAR NATION DSM GPMM MAMM JAM
DIESEL Diesel Forum      
CHEVY Chevy Camaro Forum Chevy Volt Forum    
CHRYSLER Chrysler 300C Forum      
DODGE Dodge Avenger Forum Dodge Caliber Forum Dodge Challenger Forum Dodge Charger Forum
  Dodge Circuit Forum Dodge Hornet Forum Dodge Magnum Forum Dodge Nitro Forum
  Dodge Ram Forum Dodge Dakota Forum Dodge Durango Forum Dodge Dart Forum
FORD Ford Raptor Forum Ford F150 Forum Ford F100 Forum  
JEEP Jeep Forum      
PONTIAC Pontiac G8 Forum      
SRT SRT Viper Forum SRT Cuda Forum