DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - General Discussion > 2013 Dodge Ram Forum

Notices

2013 Dodge Ram Forum For specific discussion of the 2013 Dodge Ram!

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
United Radio
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 09-05-2013, 06:20 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2013 Ram Sport
Rep:10
Djeazie is on a distinguished road

Thats one thing that makes me not like the Pro Comp kit too. But do we really need new springs for the rear? I noticed they use a different bracket for the rear trailing arms. I dont thing anyone else does that, do they? You could also buy springs later for the rear if you needed to upgrade later. Keeps the cost of the original kit down.
Kenwood Excelon 5 channel, complete speaker swap, JBL MS-8 tuned -- Husky Exact contour mats -- RCX 6" -- Bilstein 5100's -- Zone front uppers -- ProComp ProRunner rear shocks -- Fuel Nutz 20x10 -24 -- Nitto Trail Grapplers 35x12.50 -- Retro HIDs
Sponsored links
Old 09-05-2013, 06:30 PM

Vehicle: 2010 4.7l v8 4x4
Trim Level: SLT
Color: Black
Engine: 2008-20?? 287ci (4.7L) PowerTech V8 310hp 330lb/ft
Rep:160
Astartes has a spectacular aura aboutAstartes has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandonjansen View Post
Max suspension lift you can get for a 1500 is 6" and then add Bilsteins on the front to level the truck. 1.4" on the Bilsteins will put you pretty much dead level. If you want to go higher for more lift height then you will want to add rear coil spacers as well to avoid Cali lean.

Check out Rough Country and BDS for lifts. Rough Country is definitely the cheapest and tons of guys are running it with no problems at all. I had no complaints with mine on my 1500. With the lift and Bilsteins the ride was even better than stock. Again, absolutely no complaints there. It handled and drove very well!

As Astartes said, contact Andrew, Jeremiah, or Eric at sales@bullysperformance.com. Be sure to mention that you're a forum member and were referred by us and they'll hook you up with some great pricing on everything you need.

Thanks for the back up brandon, I guess I didn't explain my self properly. I have no problems with the rough country lift so far. I will admit it is a little bit more rough of a ride but whatever. I have the adjustable Bilstein's sitting here next to me to level the ride. i'm going to set them at 1.4" and then it should be leveled out. Just waiting for enough cash for an alignment, and i'll probably have them install it too, i never have the time anymore for that kind of stuff.
Greater love has no one than this, that a man lay down his life for his brothers. -John 15:13

My Mods
Old 09-05-2013, 06:42 PM
Lifted Cummins Fanatic

Vehicle: 2012 Dodge Ram 3500 CCSB 4x4
Trim Level: Laramie Limited
Color: Mineral Grey Metallic
Engine: 2011-20?? 409ci (6.7L) Cummins Turbo Diesel 350hp 800lb/ft
Rep:1969
brandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Djeazie View Post
Thats one thing that makes me not like the Pro Comp kit too. But do we really need new springs for the rear? I noticed they use a different bracket for the rear trailing arms. I dont thing anyone else does that, do they? You could also buy springs later for the rear if you needed to upgrade later. Keeps the cost of the original kit down.
As far as I know ProComp is the only company that used that design for the rear lift. I just personally like the idea of having a full spring in there rather than a spring on top of a spacer... it just seems wrong to me and is another place to have an issue. Having a full length spring from the frame to the rear diff is just a cleaner install and simply better IMO. But everyone has their own thoughts on that...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astartes View Post
Thanks for the back up brandon, I guess I didn't explain my self properly. I have no problems with the rough country lift so far. I will admit it is a little bit more rough of a ride but whatever. I have the adjustable Bilstein's sitting here next to me to level the ride. i'm going to set them at 1.4" and then it should be leveled out. Just waiting for enough cash for an alignment, and i'll probably have them install it too, i never have the time anymore for that kind of stuff.
Nice, that will definitely make your truck sit a little better. Did you get everything fixed up with it now?

2012 Ram 3500 Laramie Limited Cummins Build Thread
8" BDS Long Arm Lift with Fox 2.0 Shocks | Dual Fox 2.0 Steering Stabilizer | 37x13.5 Toyo MT's | AMP Powersteps & Bedstep | Bakflip G2 | Mag-Hytec Rear Diff Cover
EST 500 hp/1268 ft-lbs at FW | H&S MiniMaxx Custom Tuned | 4" Flo Pro Stainless TBE | Sinister EGR Delete | ARP 425 Head Studs | 4.56 AAM/Yukon Gears | S&B Intake w/ Scoop
Guide to Leveling & Wheel and Tire Sizing for 06+ 4wd Ram 1500's
Old 09-05-2013, 06:57 PM

Vehicle: 2013 Ram Sport
Djeazie is on a distinguished road

I agree much cleaner with the longer spring, but cost wise for those that just wanna get a lift on their truck and upgrade later it makes it cheaper. And ProComp's stuff seems to be pretty good stuff.
Kenwood Excelon 5 channel, complete speaker swap, JBL MS-8 tuned -- Husky Exact contour mats -- RCX 6" -- Bilstein 5100's -- Zone front uppers -- ProComp ProRunner rear shocks -- Fuel Nutz 20x10 -24 -- Nitto Trail Grapplers 35x12.50 -- Retro HIDs
Old 09-05-2013, 07:35 PM

Vehicle: 13 Hemi Ram Sport
HeMi BosS is on a distinguished road

Quote:
I'm not really a fan of the rear lift set up on ProComp kits... instead of using longer springs they just use a big spacer. It's a little half assed IMO. Other then that they do make a good product.

Obviously all those different kits come with different components and different ways of lifting. You'd have to decide yourself exactly what you want to go with and how good of a lift you want.
im probably just gna go with the rough country, how much did it cost you with blistins ? and i saw that you installed it yourself, so if i took it to someone how much would they charge ?
Old 09-05-2013, 07:39 PM
Lifted Cummins Fanatic

brandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant future

I got my 6" RCX kit with kicker bars and Bilsteins from Bully's Performance when they had their really good July 4th sale on so I got it pretty cheap. I'd say you're probably looking at around $1700 but send Andrew, Jeremiah, or Eric an email at sales@bullysperformance.com (be sure to mention that you're a forum member) and they'll send you a quote for everything you need.

Install cost really depends on the shops in your area. It's about an 8 hour install (according to RCX) so at $90/hour shop rate you're looking at $720 plus an alignment so you're going to total around $800 for installation.

8" BDS Long Arm Lift with Fox 2.0 Shocks | Dual Fox 2.0 Steering Stabilizer | 37x13.5 Toyo MT's | AMP Powersteps & Bedstep | Bakflip G2 | Mag-Hytec Rear Diff Cover
EST 500 hp/1268 ft-lbs at FW | H&S MiniMaxx Custom Tuned | 4" Flo Pro Stainless TBE | Sinister EGR Delete | ARP 425 Head Studs | 4.56 AAM/Yukon Gears | S&B Intake w/ Scoop
Old 09-05-2013, 09:10 PM

Vehicle: 2010 4.7l v8 4x4
Trim Level: SLT
Color: Black
Engine: 2008-20?? 287ci (4.7L) PowerTech V8 310hp 330lb/ft
Rep:160
Astartes has a spectacular aura aboutAstartes has a spectacular aura about

Yeah, shes all fixed up brandon
Greater love has no one than this, that a man lay down his life for his brothers. -John 15:13

My Mods
Old 09-05-2013, 10:48 PM

Quote:
I got my 6" RCX kit with kicker bars and Bilsteins from Bully's Performance when they had their really good July 4th sale on so I got it pretty cheap. I'd say you're probably looking at around $1700 but send Andrew, Jeremiah, or Eric an email at sales@bullysperformance.com (be sure to mention that you're a forum member) and they'll send you a quote for everything you need.

Install cost really depends on the shops in your area. It's about an 8 hour install (according to RCX) so at $90/hour shop rate you're looking at $720 plus an alignment so you're going to total around $800 for installation.
i phoned a local tire/wheel shop and they said they install alot of ZONE lifts made by bds, i asked about rough country n they said its garbage compared to zone lifts. but anyways they'll install 6 inch zone lift for 2469 plus tax everything + alignment included, do you think thats a good deal ? it would prob be $200 more because of blistins,, so if i were to get that kit would i be able to fit 37 toyos on 22 wheels ?

also is a 6 inch lift pretty tall, your previous truck seems taller or is it just me..

thanks for the help.
Old 09-06-2013, 03:01 AM
Lifted Cummins Fanatic

BDS started making the Zone kits to compete with the RCX kits. They are both very comparable in most ways. When researching for the lift I wanted I didn't see the point in paying more money for the Zone over the RCX as it is practically the same lift.

$2469 installed is not a terrible deal for a Zone lift. I don't remember what the actual price of the lift is off the top of my head. But that's in the right ball part. I'd see if you could get the Bilsteins thrown in to that deal as well though. It's worth a shot.

You could fit 37x12.5 on 22's no problem as long as you get the correct wheel width and offset.

A 6" lift with Bilsteins at 1.4" on 37's will put your truck 9 inches taller than it is now (provided you're at stock height on 33" tires). It is fairly tall, you will want some side steps to get in and out.

Old 09-07-2013, 04:41 AM

Quote:
BDS started making the Zone kits to compete with the RCX kits. They are both very comparable in most ways. When researching for the lift I wanted I didn't see the point in paying more money for the Zone over the RCX as it is practically the same lift.

$2469 installed is not a terrible deal for a Zone lift. I don't remember what the actual price of the lift is off the top of my head. But that's in the right ball part. I'd see if you could get the Bilsteins thrown in to that deal as well though. It's worth a shot.

You could fit 37x12.5 on 22's no problem as long as you get the correct wheel width and offset.

A 6" lift with Bilsteins at 1.4" on 37's will put your truck 9 inches taller than it is now (provided you're at stock height on 33" tires). It is fairly tall, you will want some side steps to get in and out.
37 toyo mts only come in 13.5 not 12.5 so would it still work ?,, so i gota quote on 37 toyos rims and lift its going to be around 7/8 grand depends if i want 20 or 22 inch rims