DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - General Discussion > 2013 Dodge Ram Forum

Notices

2013 Dodge Ram Forum For specific discussion of the 2013 Dodge Ram!

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
United Radio
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 09-08-2013, 02:36 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Junior Member

Vehicle: 2013 Ram 1500
Trim Level: Sport Crew Cab
Color: Black
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:10
dodgeitri is on a distinguished road

While giving my black sport a wax today I noticed the same thing on my roof, the paint and clear coat have lifted and its showing metal in a few small places. Mine is also 6 moths old with about 2800 miles on it. Have you gone to the dealer yet to see what they are going to do? I had this same thing happen to a black Mazda and they and corporate Mazda told me to go scratch. I'm going to take it in tomorrow, this crap shouldn't happen to a $50k truck.
Sponsored links
Old 09-08-2013, 03:43 PM
"Just living the dream"

Vehicle: 2013 Dodge Ram Longhorn
Trim Level: Longhorn Rambox
Color: Prairie Pearl / White Gold Trim
Rep:1634
Chunkem has a brilliant futureChunkem has a brilliant futureChunkem has a brilliant futureChunkem has a brilliant futureChunkem has a brilliant futureChunkem has a brilliant futureChunkem has a brilliant futureChunkem has a brilliant futureChunkem has a brilliant futureChunkem has a brilliant futureChunkem has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by dodgeitri View Post
While giving my black sport a wax today I noticed the same thing on my roof, the paint and clear coat have lifted and its showing metal in a few small places. Mine is also 6 moths old with about 2800 miles on it. Have you gone to the dealer yet to see what they are going to do? I had this same thing happen to a black Mazda and they and corporate Mazda told me to go scratch. I'm going to take it in tomorrow, this crap shouldn't happen to a $50k truck.
WOW...Sorry to hear that....Please let us know how you make out....I don't think you should have any issues having that repaired by the dealer......

Enjoy RamForumZ? Support your forum and become a SITE SUPPORTER today!

Please be sure you understand the Ram ForumZ RULES

"MOST OF ALL HAVE FUN AND ENJOY THE SITE"
Old 09-09-2013, 09:31 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2014 sport CC
Trim Level: sport
Color: white
Rep:16
calvinmx48 is on a distinguished road
Default Still waiting

After chasing my dealer and Chrysler Canada down for 5 months they finally started to repair the dirt in my paint. What a mistake, truck has been at the dealer for almost five weeks and I have gone four times to get it. And only to find the worst repair jobs ever. Overspray, Sanded down to the metal and dabbed with touch up paint, rear bumper got hit, front number got creased in, massive door ding, not blended well, hairs in the paint. I have been buying Chrysler vehicles for 15 years. This will be my last one of they don't make this right. I will not be taking the truck back after it has been painted 30 times. As I didn't pay 50k for a salvage truck
And then Chrysler tells me the have no control over it and they are not willing to do anything for me as its the dealers fault. Jokers
Hemi fever tuned Trinity, bilsteins @ 2.8, 1" TGC spacer, LMI SRI, 180 T-stat, 2500/3500 flares, weather techs, heart-throbe muffler kit, BT catch can, 5K HIDs, on the way- black rhino glamis wheels wrapped in nitto trails
Old 09-09-2013, 10:59 AM

Vehicle: 2013 Ram Sport
Trim Level: Sport
Rep:74
AirborneSilva will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by calvinmx48 View Post
After chasing my dealer and Chrysler Canada down for 5 months they finally started to repair the dirt in my paint. What a mistake, truck has been at the dealer for almost five weeks and I have gone four times to get it. And only to find the worst repair jobs ever. Overspray, Sanded down to the metal and dabbed with touch up paint, rear bumper got hit, front number got creased in, massive door ding, not blended well, hairs in the paint. I have been buying Chrysler vehicles for 15 years. This will be my last one of they don't make this right. I will not be taking the truck back after it has been painted 30 times. As I didn't pay 50k for a salvage truck
And then Chrysler tells me the have no control over it and they are not willing to do anything for me as its the dealers fault. Jokers
I don't blame you for being pissed, can't you take it to a different dealer? If the one that has it isn't willing to do a professional job then maybe another dealer will take pride in their work. I suspect there may be more to this story, like perhaps you pissed someone off at the dealership

2013 Ram Sport
1976 Corvette L82

Old 09-09-2013, 11:18 AM

Vehicle: 2014 sport CC
Trim Level: sport
Color: white
Rep:16
calvinmx48 is on a distinguished road
Default Lol

Nah I have been really good with them. As they are not the dealership painting. They take it to another dealership with the paint shop. I have been in a loaner for 4 plus weeks and just have told them that I'm not taking it back like that. Both managers are classic car guys so they know what I'm taking about when the jobs are done poorly. Or maybe I did piss someone off lol
Hemi fever tuned Trinity, bilsteins @ 2.8, 1" TGC spacer, LMI SRI, 180 T-stat, 2500/3500 flares, weather techs, heart-throbe muffler kit, BT catch can, 5K HIDs, on the way- black rhino glamis wheels wrapped in nitto trails
Old 09-09-2013, 11:33 AM

Vehicle: 2013 Ram Sport
Rep:74
AirborneSilva will become famous soon enough

Are you sure you didn't take the painters wife out for a good time LOL Sounds like they are letting the local grade school paint your Ram for you

2013 Ram Sport
1976 Corvette L82

Old 09-09-2013, 11:57 AM

Vehicle: 2013 Ram 1500 Sport
Rep:35
Zixxer is on a distinguished road

Both my black 2012 and 2013 had/have great paint. I'm super anal on the paint, especially since they are black...the 2013 had a weird bubble issue inside the rear door like metal particles from a welding robot. Had it repainted since it was on the inside door well...looks perfect.

Now I have a 2013 SRT Challenger, same paint code...working with Dodge to repaint or replace as the panels do not match on a repair to several panels. The paint looks muddy black (on factory paint) compared to repaired panels and my current trucks. I can tell the clear is either cloudy or the base coat is too thin on the factory paint. Rep is suppose to look at on 3 October. Sad, my 2012 was perfect but I needed to get out of the stick because of a bad knee. Dealer agrees there's an issue with either the repair or original paint so now we're just trying to figure out who's at fault. I honestly believe it's the factory paint. My truck (same PX8 paint code) looks so much deeper on the black. With a strong flashlight, I can plainly see the difference in the panels. In the sun, it's very noticeable. In the shade, it's perfect :-)

I recognize they are two different vehicles, factory locations, etc., but the paint code is exactly the same so it's going to be painted the exact same color regardless.