DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Help Zone - Dodge Ram Problems, Complaints, & Solutions - Maintenance & Re > Dodge Ram Detailing and General Maintenance Forum > Oil Change

Notices

Oil Change Ready to change the oil in your Dodge Ram? Engine -Trans - Differential - Transfer Case

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
United Radio
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 09-15-2013, 07:23 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2014 1500 4x4 CC Laramie 392
Trim Level: Laramie Crew Cab
Color: Bright White
Engine: 2013-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 395hp 410lb/ft
Rep:28
ramit355 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArmyofOne View Post
How is any dealer going to know what effin' oil you put in your motor? There are no markers specific to each brand of oil. Basically, since oil breaks down at different rates in different engines (even the same makes and models) after a thousand miles or so its impossible to tell exactly what kind of oil it is. So unless you run royal purple (its purple when its clean) and your engine has less than 1k on that oil change when it fails, they will never know, unless you tell them.

You can tell when the oil is new what brand it is. after that, its all speculation. I checked my receipts. They all say MOBIL 5w-20 OIL. Thats it. LOL.
They will simply look at your oil change receipts after the first Oil Change if its Non- Synthetic Mobil Oil on the receipt they would never know, but if its Synthetic Mobil 1 on the receipt they COULD deny the warranty. But if it fails under 1000 miles on a New motor it would have original CHRYSLER APPROVED oil in it. I'm just saying why use an oil that would give them a reason to start crap? Use one approved and you have no issues.

Last edited by ramit355; 09-15-2013 at 07:29 PM.
Sponsored links
Old 09-17-2013, 06:12 AM

Vehicle: 2013 Ram RT
Trim Level: RT
Color: Steel Blue Metallic
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:136
ValleyRacer will become famous soon enoughValleyRacer will become famous soon enough
Default What a paranoid fantasy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramit355 View Post
No void language at all!! Nothing said about AIR CONDITIONING!! If you use any oil NOT certified for Chrysler MOTOR OIL USE they do not have to HONOR the repair for the MOTOR under CHRYSLER warranty!

The OIL CHANGE receipts you produce will have documented type of oil,Brand,Weight and Mileage at each Oil change. I suggested Chrysler MAY NOT HONOR the warranty if you have used OIL that does NOT meet Chrysler specification. Of course if you have no record of any oil Changes performed as Chrysler recommended its going to VOID your MOTOR warranty.

I never came up with any STUFF!!! Its just plain common sense!!!!
How this constitutes common sense is beyond belief. If changing the oil adequate for normal engine maintenance is occurring, how on earth do you anticipate the engine failing?
If you had no evidence of oil changes AT ALL, why would you EXPECT the engine to last.
Paranoid fantasy of something occurring in your mind.
Old 09-17-2013, 06:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ValleyRacer View Post
How this constitutes common sense is beyond belief. If changing the oil adequate for normal engine maintenance is occurring, how on earth do you anticipate the engine failing?
If you had no evidence of oil changes AT ALL, why would you EXPECT the engine to last.
Paranoid fantasy of something occurring in your mind.
I hear you...LOL. I suppose in today's world if its not in writing it never happened.

For myself just in case my motor would fail during its warranty I'm going to use Chrysler certified oil and keep records of all maintenance so they cannot find a reason to deny any warranty work regardless of what caused it. You folks in California think different than a Buckeye!! Geez!! I missed the part where I said I would expect a motor to last with out an OIL CHANGE.

Last edited by ramit355; 09-17-2013 at 06:56 AM.
Old 09-19-2013, 04:08 AM

Vehicle: 2013 Ram RT
Trim Level: RT
Color: Steel Blue Metallic
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:136
ValleyRacer will become famous soon enoughValleyRacer will become famous soon enough
Default Geezus Pharking Christo

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramit355 View Post
I hear you...LOL. I suppose in today's world if its not in writing it never happened.

For myself just in case my motor would fail during its warranty I'm going to use Chrysler certified oil and keep records of all maintenance so they cannot find a reason to deny any warranty work regardless of what caused it. You folks in California think different than a Buckeye!! Geez!! I missed the part where I said I would expect a motor to last with out an OIL CHANGE.
What in the flying PHARK do you think would just cause your motor to randomly FAIL? You have it full of oil, cooling system in order, have (hopefully) enough sense not to put in DIESEL or Jet fuel, don't hold it at REDLINE or above?

What's going to cause a modern engine, with every detail of metallurgy, casting, CNC precision, CAD/CAM designs, proven engineering, quality control checks etc etc to FAIL?

Do you think the valves or camshaft or connecting rod might just burst apart tomorrow?

It's a paranoid fantasy. Something going on in your mind.
Old 09-19-2013, 07:25 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Junior Member

Vehicle: 2013 Ram 1500
Trim Level: Tradesman QC 4x2
Color: Mineral Grey
Engine: 2013-20?? 220ci (3.6L) Pentastar 305hp 269lb/ft
Rep:30
marvin02 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
What in the flying PHARK do you think would just cause your motor to randomly FAIL? You have it full of oil, cooling system in order, have (hopefully) enough sense not to put in DIESEL or Jet fuel, don't hold it at REDLINE or above?

What's going to cause a modern engine, with every detail of metallurgy, casting, CNC precision, CAD/CAM designs, proven engineering, quality control checks etc etc to FAIL?

Do you think the valves or camshaft or connecting rod might just burst apart tomorrow?

And yet they do. Engines, even well maintained ones, do have problems at times. Your engine doesn't have to "burst apart" to have issues that can cost a lot to repair.

Some of those problems are caused by manufacturers poor design (read any of the sludge web sites and forum posts for various manufacturers).

One of the consistent things that pops up in those posts is that the manufacturer checked the owners service records. Using an oil that meets the manufacturer's recommendations and not exceeding the manufacturer specified service intervals are simple ways to protect the investment in your vehicle. It isn't paranoid, stupid, or a fantasy. It's actually pretty intelligent behavior.
Old 09-19-2013, 07:37 AM

Quote:

Challenger??? SPS!! But one born every minute they say!