DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - General Discussion > 2012 Dodge Ram Forum

Notices

2012 Dodge Ram Forum For specific discussion of the 2012 Dodge Ram!

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
United Radio
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 09-09-2013, 03:38 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2012 Ram 1500 Bighorn
Trim Level: Bighorn
Color: Black
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:10
tennjaguar is on a distinguished road
Default Mopar caliper covers

Hi all, from Portland, TN. I'm new to this forum. I have a couple of Mopars. I have a Mopar11 edition Charger and just bought a 2012 Ram. I trying to transform my Ram into something like my Charger. I was wandering if someone can tell me if the factory Mopar covers will fit my Ram? Has anyone tried them? I've looked on the MGP web site, but really want Mopar cover from Chrysler.
Thanks
tennjaguar
Sponsored links
Old 09-09-2013, 04:43 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2013 Ram 1500 sport
Color: BLACK
Rep:51
Nemmisis1 will become famous soon enough

Brembo covers on eBay........like 20 bucks.... But you really want to put covers on a 40-50 k truck... I won't lie looks good from far but up close....it's like a fiero with a Lamborghini body...lol...just pull them off and use g1 high temp paint... Paint them red or blue yellow what ever... But covers I feel take from the aura ... Choice is yours... Good luck
Old 09-09-2013, 06:20 PM

Vehicle: .
Rep:4371
Asur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond repute

Ebay Brembo covers for 20$ you get what you pay for, crappy glued on plastic covers that look like crap, MGP covers are 200$ and are powder coated metal held on to the caliper by metal clips, I don't know who makes the Mopar covers but I bet its probably the same company. For the price, the MGP you can order them painted the color you want, and have Mopar also on them, I find they look a bit better then the Mopar as they have embossed looking bolts in them. JMO

Don't forget to check the minimum wheel size you will need for each caliper cover application you will get.
Old 09-09-2013, 07:15 PM
Addicted to the Z

Vehicle: 2014 RAM 1500 Limited
Trim Level: Crew Cab 4X4 Limited
Color: PX8 Black
Engine: 2014-20?? 182.3ci (3.0L) L630DOHC V6 240hp 420lb/ft Eco-Diesel
Rep:2463
RansRAM has a reputation beyond reputeRansRAM has a reputation beyond reputeRansRAM has a reputation beyond reputeRansRAM has a reputation beyond reputeRansRAM has a reputation beyond reputeRansRAM has a reputation beyond reputeRansRAM has a reputation beyond reputeRansRAM has a reputation beyond reputeRansRAM has a reputation beyond reputeRansRAM has a reputation beyond reputeRansRAM has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asur View Post
Ebay Brembo covers for 20$ you get what you pay for, crappy glued on plastic covers that look like crap, MGP covers are 200$ and are powder coated metal held on to the caliper by metal clips, I don't know who makes the Mopar covers but I bet its probably the same company. For the price, the MGP you can order them painted the color you want, and have Mopar also on them, I find they look a bit better then the Mopar as they have embossed looking bolts in them. JMO

Don't forget to check the minimum wheel size you will need for each caliper cover application you will get.
^^^ I agree. They are pricey however so I just painted mine.
Old 09-09-2013, 09:14 PM

Vehicle: 2012 ram 1500 R/T
Trim Level: R/t
Color: Wht
Rep:145
Buellrider will become famous soon enoughBuellrider will become famous soon enough

I've had the mgp's on my R/T for over a year... Great fit easy install.

2012 R/T
Old 09-09-2013, 09:25 PM

Vehicle: 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT8
Rep:3883
Grubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah, the MGP CC's rock!

Very high quality in every way.

http://www.ramforumz.com/showpost.ph...&postcount=113

Grub out!
Old 09-10-2013, 11:02 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2012 Ram 1500 Bighorn
Trim Level: Bighorn
Color: Black
Rep:10
tennjaguar is on a distinguished road

Thanks everyone, I've seen the $20 covers on Ebay, I just worry about the brake heat on them. That's a good idea about buying and repaint them. Did ya'll use engine paint for the temp?
Old 09-10-2013, 12:03 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2011 Ram Express
Trim Level: ST
Color: White
Rep:92
Graygoose will become famous soon enough

Have them on my 2011, love them!

2011 White Ram Express, KMC Slides, Nitto 420s 22's,Extang Trifecta, GF leveling kit, KICKER sound system,CodeAlarm remote start, '13 Retroshop Headlights and Tail lights, Bedrug, MGP Caliper covers, LED reverse lights, AAC interior LED and licence plate LEDs, BT Catch Can,Weathertech mats
Old 09-11-2013, 04:39 AM
Ram Ham

Vehicle: 2012 Ram 1500 Crew Cab
Trim Level: Laramie
Color: Mineral Gray Metallic
Engine: 2009-2012 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:1475
KA1OTE has much to be proud ofKA1OTE has much to be proud ofKA1OTE has much to be proud ofKA1OTE has much to be proud ofKA1OTE has much to be proud ofKA1OTE has much to be proud ofKA1OTE has much to be proud ofKA1OTE has much to be proud ofKA1OTE has much to be proud ofKA1OTE has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by tennjaguar View Post
Thanks everyone, I've seen the $20 covers on Ebay, I just worry about the brake heat on them. That's a good idea about buying and repaint them. Did ya'll use engine paint for the temp?
First off, welcome to the Z!

Most guys will paint the existing calipers, not buying anything additional except for the paint. As for the exact paint they use, I am sure someone will chime in with that info for you soon (or you can search the forums for caliper paint and see what results come up.. there are tons of threads on this topic). Good luck! I'm considering this mod myself.. just haven't settled on a color as of yet.
Old 09-11-2013, 11:08 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2011 Ram Express
Trim Level: ST
Color: White
Rep:92
Graygoose will become famous soon enough

As far as painting the caliper, get some B12 Chemtool, clean them very good and get some of this
http://www.duplicolor.com/products/caliperPaint/

2011 White Ram Express, KMC Slides, Nitto 420s 22's,Extang Trifecta, GF leveling kit, KICKER sound system,CodeAlarm remote start, '13 Retroshop Headlights and Tail lights, Bedrug, MGP Caliper covers, LED reverse lights, AAC interior LED and licence plate LEDs, BT Catch Can,Weathertech mats