DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Mod Zone - Custom Dodge Ram Mods - Dodge Ram Performance > Custom Dodge Ram - Complete Builds

Notices

Custom Dodge Ram - Complete Builds When you are modding everything on your Dodge Ram, this is the place to showcase the build.

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
United Radio
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 01-12-2014, 10:18 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Junior Member

Vehicle: 2010 Ram 1500
Trim Level: SLT Big Horn
Color: Grey
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:15
RyanGSP is on a distinguished road
Default RyanGSP's Big Horn Build

Hopefully this is the right place for this.

I purchased this truck used to haul around a camping trailer and dive us around hunting. Mainly this truck will work vs play however some bolt on's will be added over time.

Specs are
2011 Ram 1500 SLT Big Horn
Back up Sensors
Back up Camera
Heated Flip Out Tow Mirrors
Rear Sliding Window
Sun Roof
Bucket Seats
20" Rims
Tow Package
Alpine Sound System

Here it is when I picked it up

Left Side by RyanGSP, on Flickr

Right Side by RyanGSP, on Flickr

Interior by RyanGSP, on Flickr

I wanted to add some of my own touches so this weekend I painted the emblems, debadged, and removed the chrome belt molding covers.

Grill Emblem

DSC_0564 by RyanGSP, on Flickr

Grill Emblem Back Plate & Tailgate Emblem

DSC_0571 by RyanGSP, on Flickr

I was talked into painting the background red and to be honest I dont like it. This week I will be repainting them Black & body color (PDM), I may do the dash Bezel and consol while I am at it. I am an autobody apprentice so as long as the booths are open I can use them anytime after work.

I installed the front and like I said I dont care for the look. I think it would look really good on a Black or a Red truck.

DSC_0626 by RyanGSP, on Flickr

DSC_0628 by RyanGSP, on Flickr

This month I think I am going to add a Magnaflow 16869 Kit. I was trying to decide between the MF and a Borla XR-1 but I can get the MF at cost through work so MF it is!

Right now my wanted mods look like this

- Magnaflow 16869
- American Racing Headers 1 3/4" (once warranty is up)
- Ram Sport front & rear painted bumpers
- Ram Sport Painted Grill
- Ram Sport Hood
- S&B Cold Air Intake (I can get the Volant, K&N, AFE at cost so its a tough choice)
- Leer Topper
- Truck Box Drawers
- Ram Box Truck Box
- BDS or Rancho 4" Suspension Lift
- 80-85mm throttle body
- Rim & Tires
- Still havent decided on rims. Tires I want to go with the Toyo Open Country ATII Xtreme. I need something aggressive for hunting but have a 120 KM round trip commute 5 days a week.
- Recon LED Tailights
- Recon LED Cab Light
- Still unsure what I want for headlights. I havent found a projector that really screams buy me so I may look at something close to stock (blacked out) with an HID kit. I am going to keep my eyes open for a set of Mopar Black Projectors.

Here is how she sits now

DSC_0796 by RyanGSP, on Flickr
Sponsored links
Old 01-12-2014, 11:05 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2012 Dodge Ram 1500
Trim Level: Express 4X4
Color: Silver
Engine: 2009-2012 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:304
h2oman is a jewel in the roughh2oman is a jewel in the roughh2oman is a jewel in the roughh2oman is a jewel in the rough

That's a lot of work on that Ram Head. A+ for effort dude. Looking good.
Old 01-12-2014, 11:14 PM

The back was defiantly a lot of masking but the front emblem's back plate pops off with 2 clips and is pretty easy.

I messed up with the read emblem. I painted it black then clear coated it, the painter at work talked me into the red so I painted it red and cleared the red. What I should have done was sprayed the black, masked off the ram head, sprayed the next color, unmask the emblem, and then clear the whole thing. A lesson I wont forget.
Old 01-12-2014, 11:44 PM
Team Bully

Vehicle: 2008 Dodge Ram 1500 QC TRX4
Trim Level: SXT
Color: Flame Red
Engine: 2003-2008 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 345hp 375lb/ft
Rep:1722
ShawnC13 has a brilliant futureShawnC13 has a brilliant futureShawnC13 has a brilliant futureShawnC13 has a brilliant futureShawnC13 has a brilliant futureShawnC13 has a brilliant futureShawnC13 has a brilliant futureShawnC13 has a brilliant futureShawnC13 has a brilliant futureShawnC13 has a brilliant futureShawnC13 has a brilliant future

Very nice. This seems to be a build thread as there will be more done so I will move it to the complete build section.
Old 01-12-2014, 11:56 PM

Vehicle: 2003 Ram 1500
Trim Level: SLT
Color: Patriot Blue
Rep:563
PappaJohnRam is a name known to allPappaJohnRam is a name known to allPappaJohnRam is a name known to allPappaJohnRam is a name known to allPappaJohnRam is a name known to allPappaJohnRam is a name known to all

Very nice truck & great job on it so far. Lots more fun to have!
Old 01-13-2014, 11:09 PM

Thanks guys.

Tried to do the back emblem tonight and came to conclusion after some ebay searches I am just going to order a black emblem and paint it. $25 for an emblem so I will just paint the background and clear the entire thing.

Im not going to be able to mix the small amount needed for the emblems so I am thinking I will paint some of my interior as well. Does anyone have any experience painting the chrome cladding on the interior or even on the emblems? Especially around the console shifter. Another question, can I drive the truck with the bezel and console removed? The paint will have to dry over night and its a 120km round trip commute to work and back.

The painter at work bought a 2014 Chevy 1500 1LT 2 weeks after I bought my truck (what a copy cat right, just couldnt let his prepper have a newer truck), actually he's a pretty good buddy of mine. He ordered a Magnaflow exhaust for his truck and there is no way I will let his chevy sound better than my Ram, so I ordered a Magnaflow 16869 kit as well. I really tossed around the idea of an 18" muffler, Black tips and getting a muffler shop to built a stainless exhaust but ended up ordering the 16869 kit at the end of the day. Should be here tomorrow or wednesday and should have it installed by friday.
Old 01-17-2014, 01:32 AM

My Magnaflow showed up on tuesday. I love ordering from Grand West, delivered to the shop in 2 days!

Magnaflow 16869 by RyanGSP, on Flickr

There was a little teasing about the 22" muffler from my chevy lover painter buddy, his Magnaflow kit came with an 18". He was pretty quiet when we unpacked those dual 5" Tips!! Those things are HUGE!

We got the truck on the hoist that night and it took less than an hour to take the old exhaust off, install the new one and adjust where the tips sit. We found out the bumper was out of alignment by about 1/4" so onto the frame machine she went to do a small pull.
I dont think the bumper will ever be this close to the ground again.

DSC_0016 by RyanGSP, on Flickr

The right side tip needs a little more adjustment but then it will be perfect. Sorry about the dirt. I drove it home and back before I snapped those pictures. Its been a little warm here in southern Alberta so the snow is turning to slop.

You know to be honest I wasnt too impressed with this kit when I put it on, I was really let down with how quiet it was. Alot of the videos I had seen made this exhaust seem pretty loud. Well the farther I drove last night the louder the sound got, needless to say the more I drive it the more I am liking it. It now has a moderately loud rumble to it thats not obnoxious like the Flowmater 40 Series I had on my 2007 Ram. Over all I am pretty happy with the system and look forward to hearing it after its broke in.

I will post a video later on.
Old 01-17-2014, 01:40 AM
Team Bully

Vehicle: 2008 Dodge Ram 1500 QC TRX4
Trim Level: SXT
Color: Flame Red
Engine: 2003-2008 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 345hp 375lb/ft
Rep:1722
ShawnC13 has a brilliant futureShawnC13 has a brilliant futureShawnC13 has a brilliant futureShawnC13 has a brilliant futureShawnC13 has a brilliant futureShawnC13 has a brilliant futureShawnC13 has a brilliant futureShawnC13 has a brilliant futureShawnC13 has a brilliant futureShawnC13 has a brilliant futureShawnC13 has a brilliant future

Looks great, will be following this build!!!
Old 01-17-2014, 01:52 AM

Thanks!

I want to use this thread as a tool to remember when I did mods and what mods. So its not really exciting and no pictures but I painted the Antennae black as well as the chrome ring. Eventually I would like to find a shorter antennae.

I also ordered about a dozen cans of Plasti Dip for my painter buddy and I to play with. I plan on blacking out the rims and grill inserts then spraying gloss. He wants to do his grill. I am going to pick it up on saturday and we should put it on next weekend if I can talk the mrs into going to the camping trailer sale 1 day instead of both days like she is wanting.
Old 01-17-2014, 02:12 AM

Vehicle: 2010 ram
Trim Level: slt
Color: blue
Rep:12
hemi07 is on a distinguished road

Looks good so far