DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Mod Zone - Custom Dodge Ram Mods - Dodge Ram Performance > Custom Dodge Ram Interior and Exterior Lighting

Notices

Custom Dodge Ram Interior and Exterior Lighting HID - HALO - LED LIGHTING - UNDERBODY LIGHTING - TINTED/SMOKED/PAINTED TAILS - ETC.

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
United Radio
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 09-17-2013, 05:45 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2012 Dodge Ram 1500
Rep:10
tonyhon is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by viperr817 View Post
Awesome, nice job. If you dont care for your rear velcro switch, get a small piece of angle iron aluminum preferably. Then attach it to your tonneau rails via bolts and drill a hole in it for your switch. thats how i did mine, you can kinda see it in this link.

Thanks for the tips, I will see if I can improve mine like that.

My setup is just "find anything I have that would work tonight" kinda solution
Sponsored links
Old 09-17-2013, 12:13 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2012 Dodge Ram 4x4
Trim Level: SLT
Color: White
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Bix is on a distinguished road

ok, so for clarity then, the smaller resistors went on the front bulb. these will get hot because there is current while lit.

Do the rear ones get hot as well?

I don't understand what you've done up front to have the signal light filament on when the truck is running. It shouldn't be that way from stock. My Canadian '12 has daytime running lights and I've converted mine to have daytime running lights (signal light filament) on all the time with a modual for that purpose. This saves my HID projectors from firing as daytime running lights.

I want to get LED's front and rear but don't want those hot resistors baking away while the signal lights are on as daytime runners. If I could have resistors on the rear only that would be ok since they should only come into play when the signal light is blinking.

Need to know if rear only resistors are enough to stop hyperblink with LED's front and rear.

Sort of hyjaked this thread, sorry. I'll start a new one......

bix
Old 09-20-2013, 03:56 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2014 Dodge Ram 1500
Trim Level: Big Horn Crew Cab
Color: Silver
Engine: 2013-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 395hp 410lb/ft
Rep:122
Socalgordon will become famous soon enoughSocalgordon will become famous soon enough

Are those visor mirrors with lights stock? Id like to get a mirror with lights on the driver side. (mine did not come with it, only the passenger has a mirror but no light).

good job on the LED's. I put led's in my bed. but I hooked it up to 2 6V lantern batteries (ran in a series to get 12V). I wanted to go this route just in case I didnt like it or want to fully tap into the power of the truck at a later time.
Old 09-21-2013, 08:51 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2012 Ram CC 1500 4X4
Trim Level: Outdoorsman
Color: Black (PX8)
Rep:388
ONOutdoorsman is just really niceONOutdoorsman is just really niceONOutdoorsman is just really niceONOutdoorsman is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyhon View Post
Thanks

Bulb for the visor mirror :
http://www.superbrightleds.com/morei...edge-base/227/
Need to push pretty hard to have it stay in.

Side emitting LED strip for under the headlight :
http://www.superbrightleds.com/morei...s-series/1542/
Thanks....................
Old 09-29-2013, 12:28 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2013 Dodge Ram Express
Trim Level: Express
Color: Mineral Gray Metallic
Rep:69
The Hemster will become famous soon enough

Is there an info page on the footwell setup? I tried to search but couldn't find anything. Where can I buy / how do I install?

Thanks, Pete
Old 09-30-2013, 01:11 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2012 Dodge Ram 1500
tonyhon is on a distinguished road

Hi. I was busy so didn't come back on the forum.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bix View Post
..Need to know if rear only resistors are enough to stop hyperblink with LED's front and rear.

Sort of hyjaked this thread, sorry. I'll start a new one......

bix
You will need resistor for each LED turn signal you changed, so I used 4 in total. As for the DRL thing, I am not sure what's stock, but this config just worked for me.

Both resistors get hot, I was testing it and touch it after a minute, it started to warm up already. Just be safe don't have it touch any plastic or wire.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Socalgordon View Post
Are those visor mirrors with lights stock? Id like to get a mirror with lights on the driver side. (mine did not come with it, only the passenger has a mirror but no light).

good job on the LED's. I put led's in my bed. but I hooked it up to 2 6V lantern batteries (ran in a series to get 12V). I wanted to go this route just in case I didnt like it or want to fully tap into the power of the truck at a later time.
The light on visor is stock for my car, but who knows what's standard, Dodge Ram have hundreds of different configuration even for the same model, I was so confuse when I buy mine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Hemster View Post
Is there an info page on the footwell setup? I tried to search but couldn't find anything. Where can I buy / how do I install?

Thanks, Pete
Hi Pete, if you just want to setup footwell LED that goes with the dome light only (no custom turn on switch), it's pretty easy. You can spice 2 wire from the driver side panel (panel you will see after you open your door).

I will try to get some pictures for you in the next few days. I saw it on the internet before, but somehow I couldn't find it again. Come back to see pictures again. If you want the switch I have, I can also post the info, just a little more work if you want that done.

Thanks