DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - General Discussion > 2013 Dodge Ram Forum


Notices

2013 Dodge Ram Forum For specific discussion of the 2013 Dodge Ram!


Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
Bayou Goat Mounts

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 09-11-2013, 03:44 PM
nikeman nikeman is offline
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 1,622
Gender: Male
Vehicle: 2013 Ram Sport 1500 True Blue
Rep Power: 4
Rep:91
nikeman will become famous soon enough
Default 13.19.0 question

I just had my first oil change and they told me they updated my radio software. What's new on this because everything looks and works the same ?
Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
  #2  
Old 09-11-2013, 05:15 PM
KJ48 KJ48 is offline
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: East TN
Posts: 492
Gender: Male
Vehicle: 2013 1500 Ram CC
Trim Level: Laramie
Color: Mineral Gray
Rep Power: 3
Rep:117
KJ48 will become famous soon enoughKJ48 will become famous soon enough
Default

Nothing 'new' just bug fixes:

SUBJECT:
RA3 And RA4 Radio Enhancements
OVERVIEW:
This bulletin involves upgrading the software on the RA3 or RA4 Radio.
MODELS:
2013 (DS) 1500 Ram Pickup
2014 (WK) Grand Cherokee

NOTE: This bulletin applies to vehicles built on or before June 15, 2013 (MDH
0615XX) equipped with SMART TOUCH 3 AM/FM/SAT/BT/VOICE (sales code
RA3) or SMART TOUCH 4 AM/FM/SAT/BT/NAV/VOICE (sales code RA4).
SYMPTOM/CONDITION:

A customer may experience, one or more of the following conditions.

Radio reset, screen lockup, blank screen or sluggish system response time.
Loss of vehicle position on NAV map.
Compass indicator turns off.
Erratic changes to vehicle icon on NAV map.
Touch screen shut down message.
Radio surround sound will not stay ON.
Driver memory feature causes Sirius XM failure.
Loss of radio presets.
Battery drain - due to radio remains on.
Uconnect apps don't load.
AM/FM popping noises and/or static.
Backup camera display is blank.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 09-12-2013, 10:47 AM
MN13Laramie's Avatar
MN13Laramie MN13Laramie is offline
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Champlin, MN
Posts: 94
Gender: Male
Vehicle: 2013 Ram 1500 Laramie
Trim Level: Laramie
Color: Copperhead
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep Power: 0
Rep:43
MN13Laramie is on a distinguished road
Default

I thought I saw somewhere that HD Radio as a default was also included in the update? I hate it when HD is off every time I start the truck !
__________________
------------------------
Mike
2013 1500 - Copperhead
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 09-12-2013, 11:08 AM
Shreve T's Avatar
Shreve T Shreve T is offline
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Shreveport,LA
Age: 50
Posts: 99
Gender: Male
Vehicle: 2013 black Gold
Trim Level: Larime Longhorn
Rep Power: 0
Rep:27
Shreve T is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by KJ48 View Post
Nothing 'new' just bug fixes:

SUBJECT:
RA3 And RA4 Radio Enhancements
OVERVIEW:
This bulletin involves upgrading the software on the RA3 or RA4 Radio.
MODELS:
2013 (DS) 1500 Ram Pickup
2014 (WK) Grand Cherokee

NOTE: This bulletin applies to vehicles built on or before June 15, 2013 (MDH
0615XX) equipped with SMART TOUCH 3 AM/FM/SAT/BT/VOICE (sales code
RA3) or SMART TOUCH 4 AM/FM/SAT/BT/NAV/VOICE (sales code RA4).
SYMPTOM/CONDITION:

A customer may experience, one or more of the following conditions.

Radio reset, screen lockup, blank screen or sluggish system response time.
Loss of vehicle position on NAV map.
Compass indicator turns off.
Erratic changes to vehicle icon on NAV map.
Touch screen shut down message.
Radio surround sound will not stay ON.
Driver memory feature causes Sirius XM failure.
Loss of radio presets.
Battery drain - due to radio remains on.
Uconnect apps don't load.
AM/FM popping noises and/or static.
Backup camera display is blank.


None of the above was fixed after the update..In fact I have at least had 1 or all ove the bove happen more than once..
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 09-12-2013, 05:05 PM
KJ48 KJ48 is offline
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: East TN
Posts: 492
Gender: Male
Vehicle: 2013 1500 Ram CC
Trim Level: Laramie
Color: Mineral Gray
Rep Power: 3
Rep:117
KJ48 will become famous soon enoughKJ48 will become famous soon enough
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shreve T View Post
None of the above was fixed after the update..In fact I have at least had 1 or all ove the bove happen more than once..
I didt say it would fix anything

Thats right from Chrysler Service Bulletin 08-049-13.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 09-12-2013, 05:18 PM
2013Sport's Avatar
2013Sport 2013Sport is offline
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Quebec
Age: 24
Posts: 110
Gender: Male
Vehicle: 2013 Dodge Ram
Trim Level: Sport
Color: Black
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep Power: 0
Rep:20
2013Sport is on a distinguished road
Default

I just got the update and I notice a couple of things:

-MAX A/C button
-The sync button for the climate control is now blue and red
-Better fuel economy
-A/C works better

Overall everything seems to work better. I really like the max A/C button, I found it stranged that it wasn't there before. My last updates we're in March so I was a little late lol.

JR
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 09-12-2013, 09:01 PM
RamFreak13's Avatar
RamFreak13 RamFreak13 is offline
Dodge Ram Forum Junior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Utah
Age: 41
Posts: 39
Gender: Male
Vehicle: 2013 Ram 1500
Trim Level: Bighorn
Color: Silver
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep Power: 0
Rep:10
RamFreak13 is on a distinguished road
Default

Just a tip, some people may encounter their voice recognition not working after the update. I had this happen and read that the fix was to reload the update a 2nd time. This does work, after the reload all is well.
__________________
2013 Ram 1500 HEMI BigHorn quad cab silver 6speed 3.55AntiSpin
Rock River Arms Operator 2 Equipped.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 09-12-2013, 09:53 PM
2013Sport's Avatar
2013Sport 2013Sport is offline
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Quebec
Age: 24
Posts: 110
Gender: Male
Vehicle: 2013 Dodge Ram
Trim Level: Sport
Color: Black
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep Power: 0
Rep:20
2013Sport is on a distinguished road
Default

I could never get the voice recognition to work right... It seems whatever I say, however I say it, the computer can't seem to figure out what I want. But on the other hand, the siri on my iphone understands me crystal clear even if I was drunk in a wind storm.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 09-13-2013, 01:47 AM
Bighorn453 Bighorn453 is offline
Dodge Ram Forum Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: LI, New York
Age: 26
Posts: 68
Gender: Male
Vehicle: 2013 Ram 1500 Big Horn
Trim Level: Big Horn
Color: Silver
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep Power: 0
Rep:59
Bighorn453 will become famous soon enough
Default

We should be only a few days away from the next update, 13.31.6.

If the rumors are true, this should fix the majority of the known issues to date. I've been waiting on the FM radio reception/popping noise to be fixed, and it seems like people with the new software from either new or swapped radios are reporting it to be working correctly.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 09-13-2013, 09:55 AM
The Crow 1994 The Crow 1994 is offline
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Nebraska
Posts: 868
Gender: Male
Vehicle: 2013 1500 Big Horn Crew 4x4
Trim Level: Hemi 5.7L w/8 Speed
Color: Copperhead Pearlcoat
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep Power: 0
Rep:54
The Crow 1994 will become famous soon enough
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bighorn453 View Post
We should be only a few days away from the next update, 13.31.6.

If the rumors are true, this should fix the majority of the known issues to date. I've been waiting on the FM radio reception/popping noise to be fixed, and it seems like people with the new software from either new or swapped radios are reporting it to be working correctly.
Can't wait for the update. I haven't had too many issues, but any fixes will be nice.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


Advertisement






All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:52 PM.


= Copyright RamForumZ.com a Gigathreads.com Network Site =Ad Management by RedTyger
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
vB.Sponsors


=Gigathreads Network=
CLUBS MOPAR NATION DSM GPMM MAMM JAM
DIESEL Diesel Forum      
CHEVY Chevy Camaro Forum Chevy Volt Forum    
CHRYSLER Chrysler 300C Forum      
DODGE Dodge Avenger Forum Dodge Caliber Forum Dodge Challenger Forum Dodge Charger Forum
  Dodge Circuit Forum Dodge Hornet Forum Dodge Magnum Forum Dodge Nitro Forum
  Dodge Ram Forum Dodge Dakota Forum Dodge Durango Forum Dodge Dart Forum
FORD Ford Raptor Forum Ford F150 Forum Ford F100 Forum  
JEEP Jeep Forum      
PONTIAC Pontiac G8 Forum      
SRT SRT Viper Forum SRT Cuda Forum