DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Off Topic > Off Topic Discussion

Notices

Off Topic Discussion Anything goes in here! Well, almost!

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 09-11-2013, 10:55 PM
God Bless Texas!

Vehicle: 2005 Ram 1500
Trim Level: Lonestar QC
Color: White
Engine: 2002-2007 287ci (4.7L) PowerTech V8 235hp 295lb/ft
Rep:2918
RogerRamJet has a reputation beyond reputeRogerRamJet has a reputation beyond reputeRogerRamJet has a reputation beyond reputeRogerRamJet has a reputation beyond reputeRogerRamJet has a reputation beyond reputeRogerRamJet has a reputation beyond reputeRogerRamJet has a reputation beyond reputeRogerRamJet has a reputation beyond reputeRogerRamJet has a reputation beyond reputeRogerRamJet has a reputation beyond reputeRogerRamJet has a reputation beyond repute

Plasma monitors are good for dark rooms and fast action. And they do put out a lot of heat because that's how plasma monitors work. On the other hand, for lighter rooms, LCD monitors are a better fit. You need a high refresh rate for fast action on the LCD, which is more money, but well worth it if your watching your favorite team on the grid iron or your favorite driver at 200 mph in 1080p. Basically, they both have their strengths and weaknesses. As for who makes the best, it's kinda like our trucks. We think Ram is the best whereas a turd or bow tie guy think theirs are the best. It all comes down to what you need and what your preference (brand loyalty) is. In my experience, 100+ Dave & Buster stores say that Sharp is the way to go, and I don't disagree. Would I say they are the best? I'll save that discussion for a latter date.

Last edited by RogerRamJet; 09-11-2013 at 10:59 PM.
Sponsored links
Old 09-12-2013, 09:23 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2014 VW Jetta GLI
Color: Metalic Black
Rep:1358
Excoastie has much to be proud ofExcoastie has much to be proud ofExcoastie has much to be proud ofExcoastie has much to be proud ofExcoastie has much to be proud ofExcoastie has much to be proud ofExcoastie has much to be proud ofExcoastie has much to be proud ofExcoastie has much to be proud ofExcoastie has much to be proud of

I'm too cheap to buy a PLASMA, but then I already prefer to read. It's the wife and kid that spend hours upon hours glued to the television.

I myself would be happy with my 19" floor console model old school television.... I don't think it still has vacuum tubes, but it's not too far out from them... LOL

actually I've had good luck with Sharp. I've got about a 37 incher that I've had for in excess of 5 yrs with no issues. It's the 27" Vizio ($99 on sale) that I'll be needing to replace soon, after less than 2 yrs ownership.

Exco
Oracle Interior LEDs, EGR Vent Visors, Ram eyes, Husky Liner Splash Guards, R/T Badges Front and Rear, LED Light Bar, Stubby Radio Antenna, Custom Shift Knob, ARE LS II bed cover, Bed Rug, Flowmaster 50 series HD, SilverStar Ultra low beams, K&N drop in filter, MOPAR sill guards, Smitty Built nerf bars, 24% tint on the front.
Bill
Old 09-13-2013, 02:52 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2008 Dodge Ram 1500
Trim Level: SXT 4x4
Color: Silver/ Black
Engine: 2003-2008 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 345hp 375lb/ft
Rep:2750
Canadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond repute

We have a 60" sharp aquos LED smart tv in my basement which is amazing.. Great for football. A 53" sony LCD is the living room which is a decent tv.. few years old. I got a 40" Dynex LCD mounted on my wall in my bedroom which I went and bought on boxing day which is surprisingly pretty good.. have my xbox running with HDMI and a HDMI plug in for my macbook with a wireless mouse and keyboard.. Pretty sweet. Have our old Plasma set up in the basement in the computer room.. Damn thing weighs as much as my truck.
Tow mirrors up for all the haters
Old 09-14-2013, 05:59 PM
US Army Retired

Vehicle: '11 Ram 1500 Big Horn Crew 4x4
Trim Level: Big Horn
Color: Brilliant Black
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:1178
ArmyofOne has much to be proud ofArmyofOne has much to be proud ofArmyofOne has much to be proud ofArmyofOne has much to be proud ofArmyofOne has much to be proud ofArmyofOne has much to be proud ofArmyofOne has much to be proud ofArmyofOne has much to be proud ofArmyofOne has much to be proud of

I have 2 LED TV's, Both Dynex (Best Buy Brand), one 55" and one 47", and I have had zero issues out of either one. Both are a phenomenal combination when attached to a Blu-Ray.

2014 Mazda CX-5 Touring w/Tech Pack-6000K HID's, 20% tint, 35mpg, so I will leave it alone.
2002 Ford Focus ZTW Wagon-loaded, tinted, tunes and commuting. 163k miles and counting...

Old 09-14-2013, 06:31 PM

Vehicle: 2010 Dodge Ram 1500
Trim Level: SLT
Engine: 2008-20?? 287ci (4.7L) PowerTech V8 310hp 330lb/ft
Rep:1385
snrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud of

Well, my Fing computer decided it didn't want to boot today LOL. Technology hates me. At least my buell loves me I put about 300 miles on it today. What a blast.

I spent about 3 hours fixing the laptop and luckily didn't lose anything. Still don't know what happened, I shut it down normally then it wouldn't boot. TG for safe mode and google lol. I don't know that much about computers but with safe mode and google I swear I can fix anything computer related...

TV repair man comes tuesday...

Breathing in and out is good enough for me.
Old 09-15-2013, 01:58 AM
God Bless Texas!

RogerRamJet has a reputation beyond reputeRogerRamJet has a reputation beyond reputeRogerRamJet has a reputation beyond reputeRogerRamJet has a reputation beyond reputeRogerRamJet has a reputation beyond reputeRogerRamJet has a reputation beyond reputeRogerRamJet has a reputation beyond reputeRogerRamJet has a reputation beyond reputeRogerRamJet has a reputation beyond reputeRogerRamJet has a reputation beyond reputeRogerRamJet has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by snrusnak View Post
Well, my Fing computer decided it didn't want to boot today LOL. Technology hates me. At least my buell loves me I put about 300 miles on it today. What a blast.

I spent about 3 hours fixing the laptop and luckily didn't lose anything. Still don't know what happened, I shut it down normally then it wouldn't boot. TG for safe mode and google lol. I don't know that much about computers but with safe mode and google I swear I can fix anything computer related...

TV repair man comes tuesday...
You remind me of a certain stoned, surfer dood...

Old 09-15-2013, 08:19 AM

snrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud of

lol I have no idea what that's from...

Old 09-15-2013, 12:17 PM
God Bless Texas!

Quote:
Originally Posted by snrusnak View Post
lol I have no idea what that's from...
Yeah, a little before your time. It's a cult classic from 1982. Fast Times at Ridgemont High. That's where we were introduced to Jeff Spicoli, the high school's surfer, stoner dood.
Old 09-15-2013, 08:23 PM

Sorry I be too young