DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - General Discussion > 2012 Dodge Ram Forum

Notices

2012 Dodge Ram Forum For specific discussion of the 2012 Dodge Ram!

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 09-12-2013, 08:06 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2012 Ram 1500
Trim Level: Sport
Color: White
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:10
pineau84 is on a distinguished road
Default Problems...

Let me start off by saying I am generally very happy with my 2012 Ram truck purchase. It is my first brand new vehicle and also my first domestic truck (I have owned two Titans previously).

Maybe this is a result of buying a brand new vehicle (in my previous experiences with used Titans I have had very few problems, maybe because the used ones have already been through this), maybe I am just running into a few more problems than most, maybe my dealer is just a little difficult to deal with.

Anyways, my truck is in for warranty again today. This time it is the short runner valve. This will be day 13 that my truck has spent at the dealership since picking it up on December 31, 2012.

So far it has spent 6 days in for diagnosis on the front end. This resulted in no diagnoses and assurances that the squeeking issue I was having was not actually occurring. With some help from a friend, we quickly diagnosed there was a problem with the passenger front shock absorber. It went in (day 7) and it was replaced. The dealership was apologetic for not being able to diagnose the problem on their own. This fixed the squeeking.

Two weeks later the same squeeking started, this time from driver's side. I dropped the truck off (day 8). The service adviser told me that they would replace the driver's side absorber. They keep the truck for day 9, because I was told they didn't have the part in stock. Day 10 rolls around and I get a call that they will not be replacing the driver's side shock because they don't think that is the issue. Day 11 comes and I convince them that is the problem and they finally replace the shock that was actually in stock the whole time. This fixed the squeeking.

Now it is in for day 13. On Saturday night the check engine light came on and the truck no longer will go into ECO mode.

I guess that number of faults isn't that high yet, 2 shocks and a runner valve, but the truck is only 8.5 months old and only has 15,000 kms on it.

I hope things start sailing a little smoother soon. I drive my wife's Mazda to work more than my truck
Sponsored links
Old 09-12-2013, 08:34 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2014 4x4 Regular Cab w/8ft bed
Trim Level: Tradesman 4x4
Color: White
Engine: 2013-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 395hp 410lb/ft
Rep:974
Gantman is a splendid one to beholdGantman is a splendid one to beholdGantman is a splendid one to beholdGantman is a splendid one to beholdGantman is a splendid one to beholdGantman is a splendid one to beholdGantman is a splendid one to beholdGantman is a splendid one to behold

What a shame. I love Mazda's but I love my 2012 4x4 CC Hemi better than anything I've ever owned. Including my trouble free, 6" lifted 2006 4x4 Titan. 20000 miles on my Hemi and not one problem. I guess I got lucky with the assembly crew the day my truck was assembled. I do hope your service department takes better care of you from here on out.