DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - General Discussion > Dodge Ram Forum Polls!

Notices

Dodge Ram Forum Polls! Get Your Vote On!

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
United Radio
Bayou Goat Mounts

View Poll Results: How has your touchscreen Uconnect System Held Up?
I have had numerous problems, not happy 16 20.78%
I have had some problem(s) but am happy with it now 19 24.68%
I have not had any problem with it 37 48.05%
Other (feel free to explain) 5 6.49%
Voters: 77. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-13-2013, 12:50 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2013 Ram 1500 Crew
Trim Level: Outdoorsman
Color: True Blue Peal/Mineral Gray
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:92
dawoodsman will become famous soon enough
Default Poll: Have you had problems w/UConnect System?

To top off my radio issue--which I can finally get addressed next week hopefully--my whole unconnect system went out last night.

Thought I'd start a general Uconnect problem poll to see how big a deal this is. Am I just one of the unlucky ones, or are most of us suffering?

Latest issue--Driving down the road with sat radio on and suddenly it goes out. Not one of the touch screen buttons work, I can't adjust heating or cooling with the touchscreen menu either. After I get home and shut the truck off, I leave it sit for a bit and start it up again. Everything works fine again.

So this morning I go to place a call and all of the phones that were connected through bluetooth are no longer connected. System tells me if I have to go through that linking process with every phone again!

So earlier I was told by Ram Customer support to call a dealer just before the software update is due out on the 16th. I called the dealer right away anyway, but they said they knew nothing about the fix and to call back just before it comes out, when they likely will know about it.

So the radio fix is due out Monday. I call the dealer this morning and they still don't know what I am talking about. They will schedule me though. However a week later is the soonest they can get me in. Keep in mind they told me to call at this time--just before the fix it out--a few weeks back.

So I figure I know how this works. They just transfer software on a memory stick and follow instructions. I can do that myself. Nooooo...despite the fact that all they do is run a basic software update, that is not available to the consumers to do for themself. Have to schedule an appointment, and that less than 1/2 hour task can't even be scheduled until a week from now.

Guess I'd rather put up with this than an engine or tranny problem. Barely have 1,000 miles on the truck though, and if this keeps up.....

Last edited by dawoodsman; 09-13-2013 at 01:04 PM.
Sponsored links
Old 09-13-2013, 02:08 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2013 Ram
Trim Level: SLT
Color: Black Baby
Rep:172
Yotaconvert has a spectacular aura aboutYotaconvert has a spectacular aura about

I'm on the same trail of issues this after a total system replacement and a new gauge pack as well...1890 miles in 60 days of ownership...and it had 225 when I got it.

I love the truck don't get me wrong but this technology was not ready for use in the mass market or so it would seem
-Flowmaster 40
-Bullydog Hemi GT
-MB Rims (cuz im cheap lol)
Old 09-13-2013, 06:14 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2013 Dodge Ram
Rep:10
oneurt is on a distinguished road

I have a 2013 Ram 1500, with Uconnect, and I have noticed a couple of things with mine.

1st: The whole unit has frozen such that the controls and even the screen off button do nothing.

2nd: SAT radio cuts in/out and then sometimes it just freezes and reboots itself.

Has anyone else encountered these issues before?

I know on my brothers GF's Journey the whole thing just cut out one day and just froze, luckily we have HVAC controls that are not entirely touch screen reliant.

thanks

oh and my first post!
Old 09-14-2013, 10:08 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2013 Ram Longhorn All Options
Trim Level: Laramie Longhorn CC
Color: White
ncaabbref is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to ncaabbref Send a message via Skype™ to ncaabbref

This is what happens with mine.

I go to unplug my iphone and when I plug it back in the unit doesn't remember the iphone and won't recognize it. Then the sound plays through the phone and not the system. I am forced to reboot the entire uconnect for it to recognize the phone to play music and if I switch off of the "media" source and go back, half the time it will do the same thing..
Old 09-14-2013, 11:41 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2013 Dodge Ram
Trim Level: Big Horn
Color: Black
narcdog603 is on a distinguished road

i have a problem with my backup sensors or as it's called my parksence, i have no volume when the alarm is going off. i can hardly hear it. been back to dealer 3 times and no answer yet. radio will switch from fm to am to sat all by itself and sometimes i have nothing but a blue screen. not happy at all with the new system. this is my 3rd ram and no problems with the other 2. come on Dodge get it right
Old 09-15-2013, 08:57 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Junior Member

Vehicle: 2013 Ram SLT
Trim Level: Big Horn
Color: Deep Cherry Red
Rep:18
RamOnTheHill is on a distinguished road

So far (about 60 days and 1700 miles), I've only had a couple minor issues that cleared up by turning the truck off and back on (and relatively minor issues like losing track of mute status when the truck is turned off).
Aside from all the issues many seem to be having, the system could be much more usable with some minor changes. My #1 would be to switch the bluetooth input whenever it starts playing.
Old 09-15-2013, 09:06 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2009 Dodge Ram 1500 2X4
Trim Level: quad cab SLT
Color: sunburst orange pearl
Rep:2608
GTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond repute

even when the dealership does go to make the update
stand there & make sure the update is newer then the version that you currently have

i think if you currently have Version 50.***
you have the newest version available so far
Ram 1500 SLT Quad cab, 5.7 HEMI(R) MDS VCT, 5 speed auto 545RFE, 3.55 differential gears, 18" Magnaflow muffler, EGR bug deflector, Bushwacker fender flares, customized Nfab nerf bars, CB radio, Autonet wi-fi router, custom soft tonneau cover, Line_X bedliner, DEBO Step, build date 10/15/08 a Wednesday built vehicle
Old 09-15-2013, 10:00 PM

Vehicle: 2013
Color: silver
Rep:30
Jabalone is on a distinguished road

My xmSatellite radio cuts out a lot as other people have experienced. I don't listen to it that much and my free subscription will expire in April 2014 so not really concerned. The weird issue for me is the voice commands won't work for song or genre etc.. (music related requests) on aux, bluetooth or USB. I can control the source using voice command so it does work... sorta!! Go figure.
Old 10-17-2013, 09:41 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2013 Laramie
Trim Level: Longhorn Crew Cab
Color: White/Gold
Engine: 2013-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 395hp 410lb/ft
Rep:483
Silvercreek is a glorious beacon of lightSilvercreek is a glorious beacon of lightSilvercreek is a glorious beacon of lightSilvercreek is a glorious beacon of lightSilvercreek is a glorious beacon of light

I don't think I need the Uconnect option but with my Verizon cell phone service I tried using my Samsung Galaxy Note II just to see if the Uconnect remote start would work. After activating the remote start from my phone it took almost a minute before the truck finally started.

*** US Army Retired - 11B40 - 1964/'85 ***

Last edited by Silvercreek; 10-17-2013 at 09:56 AM.
Old 10-17-2013, 11:44 AM

Vehicle: 2013 Ram Sport Crew
Trim Level: Sport
Color: White
Rep:76
Radak04 will become famous soon enough

One morning I got in my truck and started it and all the preset radio stations were gone. Reset back to factory.

Had to reprogram them all.

Other than that, it's been working fine.