DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Help Zone - Dodge Ram Problems, Complaints, & Solutions - Maintenance & Re > Dodge Ram Recalls and TSB's.

Notices

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
United Radio
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 02-19-2014, 09:38 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2010 Dodge Ram 1500
Trim Level: SLT
Color: White
Engine: 2008-20?? 287ci (4.7L) PowerTech V8 310hp 330lb/ft
Rep:1385
snrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud of
Default My turn for pinion nut recall

Took my truck in today with nearly 90k miles, almost didnt take it as I figured if it was a problem it would have showed itself by now. But glad I did as it needs rebuilt.

I asked if I could pay for the parts for 3.92 and LSD (I have 3.55 and open diff) and they said no. Seems kind of BS to me. I'm going to push the issue.

Also, I happened to know the service writer, we never actually met before but he we recognized each other's voices, he used to work for a general contractor (I work for a sub) and we've talked many times. Small world.

Breathing in and out is good enough for me.
Sponsored links
Old 02-19-2014, 10:08 PM
Addicted to the Z

Vehicle: 2014 RAM 1500 Limited
Trim Level: Crew Cab 4X4 Limited
Color: PX8 Black
Engine: 2014-20?? 182.3ci (3.0L) L630DOHC V6 240hp 420lb/ft Eco-Diesel
Rep:2471
RansRAM has a reputation beyond reputeRansRAM has a reputation beyond reputeRansRAM has a reputation beyond reputeRansRAM has a reputation beyond reputeRansRAM has a reputation beyond reputeRansRAM has a reputation beyond reputeRansRAM has a reputation beyond reputeRansRAM has a reputation beyond reputeRansRAM has a reputation beyond reputeRansRAM has a reputation beyond reputeRansRAM has a reputation beyond repute

If you have a 4x4 you would need the front diff changed as well. If 2wd I don't understand why they would not do the 3:92 with LSD if your willing to pay the difference.
Old 02-20-2014, 09:57 AM

snrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud of

Yeah it's a 2wd.

I'm going to go back and try to reason with them again. I'm also going to have them do wheel bearings(if not included with the recall) and parking brake shoes if they are worn.

Old 02-20-2014, 10:01 AM
Team Bully

Vehicle: 2008 Dodge Ram 1500 QC TRX4
Trim Level: SXT
Color: Flame Red
Engine: 2003-2008 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 345hp 375lb/ft
Rep:1722
ShawnC13 has a brilliant futureShawnC13 has a brilliant futureShawnC13 has a brilliant futureShawnC13 has a brilliant futureShawnC13 has a brilliant futureShawnC13 has a brilliant futureShawnC13 has a brilliant futureShawnC13 has a brilliant futureShawnC13 has a brilliant futureShawnC13 has a brilliant futureShawnC13 has a brilliant future

Strange for them to turn down extra business that would be paid for by the customer!!
Old 02-25-2014, 10:13 AM

To those that have had this work done, do they reuse the parts and just rebuild, or do they actually order a new gear set and differential?

Old 02-25-2014, 12:48 PM

Rep:146
RadioFlyer will become famous soon enoughRadioFlyer will become famous soon enough

How much time do we have to bring our trucks in for the recall inspection. Also, how much time do the 09 life time warranty trucks have to get their inspections. Do we have like a 30 day grace period after the 5 years or do we have to get it inspected before the 5 year anniversary or purchase date?
Old 02-25-2014, 01:12 PM

I have no idea but I had nearly 90k miles when I brought mine in last week and have done about 600miles since then. Take it in.

Old 02-27-2014, 09:44 AM

They won't do it. I tried twice and went through a lot of debate(being nice) and they said they can't because it's a recall. They have to use specific recall parts for the fix.

I actually dropped the idea of lsd as I realize I don't really "need" it for my use and finances are tight right now, but still wanted the 3.92's. Oh well. I'll get over it. At least I get a free rear end fluid change lol. Going to drop it off monday.

Old 02-28-2014, 11:10 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2010 Dodge Ram
Trim Level: Laramie
Color: Black/sandstone
Rep:38
Kindanocturnal is on a distinguished road

They will run the s# to initially determine if your build has the need. If so, the pull the cover and check the torque. If it 80-100 lbs (I think that is the range they told me) then they add a spacer and re-torque it. If it is under 80, they do a rebuild. I guess mine was 40lbs so I got a rebuild. I am not sure what parts got swapped. I never noticed any problems so I think, when it got, it goes! It all works fine I just wish the installer took a little more pride in his workmanship.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (128.0 KB, 40 views)
Old 03-04-2014, 06:13 PM

They are finishing my truck right now. I have no idea what it costs normally to have wheel bearings replaced but I asked them what it'd cost to have them done while it's all torn apart and then talked them in to doing it for $110 out the door. Seems like a good deal to me.