DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - General Discussion > 2014 Dodge Ram Forum


Notices

2014 Dodge Ram Forum For specific discussion of the 2014 Dodge Ram!


Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
United Radio
Bayou Goat Mounts

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #91  
Old 09-25-2013, 01:06 PM
Geodasher's Avatar
Geodasher Geodasher is offline
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Pacific NW
Posts: 161
Gender: Male
Vehicle: 2014 Ram 1500 3.0L V6 Diesel
Rep Power: 0
Rep:12
Geodasher is on a distinguished road
Default

Sure wish I could figure out what Build & Price is meant to do. The 2014 version has changed its offerings several times. When I first used it all the colors and engines were there, then some choices went away, and then the diesel came back even though it is currently unavailable but many of the colors are missing. And, as already noted, what is in dealer inventory may be different from what can be built on the website.

The build flow is confusing and messy. I have to pick a model which then chooses the many standard and optional features for me. However, the seats I want may be offered in one model but not the wheels and tires I need, and there is no option to mix and match. Is that really the way orders are built or is the website dumbed down for the consumer? Does the dealer's ordering system have more flexibility?
Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
  #92  
Old 09-25-2013, 03:49 PM
spp spp is offline
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Michigan
Age: 36
Posts: 2,372
Gender: Male
Vehicle: 2008 Jeep Wrangler
Trim Level: Sahara
Color: Steel Blue
Rep Power: 3
Rep:106
spp will become famous soon enoughspp will become famous soon enough
Default

At a high level, no, both are roughly the same showing what options are available with each trim. However in implementation, the consumer build and price has some flaws. Like choosing interior color separate from seating surfaces, etc.

The B&P tool shows what has been available (and may be in inventory somewhere), what is available, and what will be available (really soon).

If you have any detailed questions on what happened to what or if you can order a specific combination, I can try to answer them to the best of my ability (or a dealer can as well).
Reply With Quote
  #93  
Old 09-25-2013, 07:09 PM
Geodasher's Avatar
Geodasher Geodasher is offline
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Pacific NW
Posts: 161
Gender: Male
Vehicle: 2014 Ram 1500 3.0L V6 Diesel
Rep Power: 0
Rep:12
Geodasher is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by spp View Post
At a high level, no, both are roughly the same showing what options are available with each trim. However in implementation, the consumer build and price has some flaws. Like choosing interior color separate from seating surfaces, etc.

The B&P tool shows what has been available (and may be in inventory somewhere), what is available, and what will be available (really soon).

If you have any detailed questions on what happened to what or if you can order a specific combination, I can try to answer them to the best of my ability (or a dealer can as well).
Thanks for the response. I am waiting for the 3-liter Turbo Diesel, whenever that may be available to order; the dealer has no idea but it sounds like it could be a month or more. The truck should include the following major items which I cannot seem to build together on the website. Other things such as a sunroof or power rear window are not needed. The biggest hangups seem to be the colors, seats and wheels. Most other things can be added to a given model.

1500 Quad Cab, 6'4" box, Turbo Diesel
Exterior Western Brown with Bright Silver Metallic trim
Leather Power Bucket Seats, Cattle Tan, heated and vented
Black dash
Heated steering wheel
4-Corner Air Suspension
17x7 wheels with On/Off-Road Tires
Full-Size Spare Tire
Skid Plates
Anti-Spin Differential
Trailer Brake Control
Engine Block Heater
Power Folding Mirrors
Rear Camera
Front/Rear Park Assist
Uconnect 8.4AN
Premium Sound (Alpine Surround w/9 Spkrs & Subwoofer)
Remote Start System
Overhead Console with Garage Door Opener
Convenience Group
Reply With Quote
  #94  
Old 09-25-2013, 08:49 PM
country-boy country-boy is offline
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Albany, NY
Posts: 569
Gender: Male
Vehicle: 2014 Ram
Trim Level: Laramie
Color: Granite Crystal
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep Power: 2
Rep:87
country-boy will become famous soon enough
Default

trail of doom... *L*
So it is actually an official website? I thought it was 3rd party at best.
Reply With Quote
  #95  
Old 09-30-2013, 03:00 AM
ctebell ctebell is offline
Dodge Ram Forum Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 50
Gender: Male
Vehicle: 2014 RAM 1500
Rep Power: 0
Rep:10
ctebell is on a distinguished road
Default Configurator Updates?

Anyone know if / when the website configurator will be updated? At least for the Laramie Longhorn, several of the colors are still not in there and neither is the RAMBox option.
Reply With Quote
  #96  
Old 09-30-2013, 08:59 AM
spp spp is offline
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Michigan
Age: 36
Posts: 2,372
Gender: Male
Vehicle: 2008 Jeep Wrangler
Trim Level: Sahara
Color: Steel Blue
Rep Power: 3
Rep:106
spp will become famous soon enoughspp will become famous soon enough
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geodasher View Post
Thanks for the response. I am waiting for the 3-liter Turbo Diesel, whenever that may be available to order; the dealer has no idea but it sounds like it could be a month or more. The truck should include the following major items which I cannot seem to build together on the website. Other things such as a sunroof or power rear window are not needed. The biggest hangups seem to be the colors, seats and wheels. Most other things can be added to a given model.

1500 Quad Cab, 6'4" box, Turbo Diesel
Exterior Western Brown with Bright Silver Metallic trim
Leather Power Bucket Seats, Cattle Tan, heated and vented
Black dash
Heated steering wheel
4-Corner Air Suspension
17x7 wheels with On/Off-Road Tires
Full-Size Spare Tire
Skid Plates
Anti-Spin Differential
Trailer Brake Control
Engine Block Heater
Power Folding Mirrors
Rear Camera
Front/Rear Park Assist
Uconnect 8.4AN
Premium Sound (Alpine Surround w/9 Spkrs & Subwoofer)
Remote Start System
Overhead Console with Garage Door Opener
Convenience Group
Let me run that through to see if it is a valid combination as of right now. I'll be able to do that later tdoay.

Quote:
Originally Posted by country-boy View Post
trail of doom... *L*
So it is actually an official website? I thought it was 3rd party at best.
Ram Group runs it. It works. Sort of. Maybe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctebell View Post
Anyone know if / when the website configurator will be updated? At least for the Laramie Longhorn, several of the colors are still not in there and neither is the RAMBox option.
We have a new configuration going out this week. Which colors are you interested in and I'll check.
Reply With Quote
  #97  
Old 09-30-2013, 10:37 AM
Bushmaster's Avatar
Bushmaster Bushmaster is offline
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Bellvegas, ON, Canada
Age: 48
Posts: 838
Gender: Male
Vehicle: 2014 Ram 1500
Trim Level: Outdoorsman 4x4 CC
Color: Bright White Clearcoat
Engine: 2013-20?? 220ci (3.6L) Pentastar 305hp 269lb/ft
Rep Power: 2
Rep:83
Bushmaster will become famous soon enough
Default

And of course we have the Canadian site too, we have different packages and options that the US.
I ordered a 2014 Ram 1500 CC 4x4 with the Outdoorsman package and other options and it is totally different in the US.
__________________
Bakflip G2 tonneau cover, SunTek clear wrap complete front end, Trail FX wheel to wheel nerf bars, Huskyliner mudflaps, Weather Tech front floor mats, rear Recon mini lightbar,20% tint front door windows, 5% tint rear door/rear window, Smittybilt Lightbar with 10" Rigid LED lightbar
Reply With Quote
  #98  
Old 09-30-2013, 04:29 PM
spp spp is offline
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Michigan
Age: 36
Posts: 2,372
Gender: Male
Vehicle: 2008 Jeep Wrangler
Trim Level: Sahara
Color: Steel Blue
Rep Power: 3
Rep:106
spp will become famous soon enoughspp will become famous soon enough
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geodasher View Post
Thanks for the response. I am waiting for the 3-liter Turbo Diesel, whenever that may be available to order; the dealer has no idea but it sounds like it could be a month or more. The truck should include the following major items which I cannot seem to build together on the website. Other things such as a sunroof or power rear window are not needed. The biggest hangups seem to be the colors, seats and wheels. Most other things can be added to a given model.

1500 Quad Cab, 6'4" box, Turbo Diesel
Exterior Western Brown with Bright Silver Metallic trim
Leather Power Bucket Seats, Cattle Tan, heated and vented
Black dash
Heated steering wheel
4-Corner Air Suspension
17x7 wheels with On/Off-Road Tires
Full-Size Spare Tire
Skid Plates
Anti-Spin Differential
Trailer Brake Control
Engine Block Heater
Power Folding Mirrors
Rear Camera
Front/Rear Park Assist
Uconnect 8.4AN
Premium Sound (Alpine Surround w/9 Spkrs & Subwoofer)
Remote Start System
Overhead Console with Garage Door Opener
Convenience Group
Now that I look at this, this won't be an available combo in the color choices you picked. The Cattle Tan is exclusive to the Laramie Longhorn trim which in itself is exclusive to a crew cab configuration.

Going with Western Brown/Silver with a Canyon interior will allow the rest of the options (dash will have some tan on the outside top and lower half). Other than that, I don't see any conflicts or restrictions.

With all that said, I don't have the code guides with the diesel in hand and the planners may change their mind at a later date (for better or worse).

Last edited by spp; 09-30-2013 at 04:29 PM. Reason: I can't spell.
Reply With Quote
  #99  
Old 09-30-2013, 04:29 PM
spp spp is offline
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Michigan
Age: 36
Posts: 2,372
Gender: Male
Vehicle: 2008 Jeep Wrangler
Trim Level: Sahara
Color: Steel Blue
Rep Power: 3
Rep:106
spp will become famous soon enoughspp will become famous soon enough
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bushmaster View Post
And of course we have the Canadian site too, we have different packages and options that the US.
I ordered a 2014 Ram 1500 CC 4x4 with the Outdoorsman package and other options and it is totally different in the US.
It's a whole other country.
Reply With Quote
  #100  
Old 09-30-2013, 06:50 PM
Geodasher's Avatar
Geodasher Geodasher is offline
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Pacific NW
Posts: 161
Gender: Male
Vehicle: 2014 Ram 1500 3.0L V6 Diesel
Rep Power: 0
Rep:12
Geodasher is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by spp View Post
Now that I look at this, this won't be an available combo in the color choices you picked. The Cattle Tan is exclusive to the Laramie Longhorn trim which in itself is exclusive to a crew cab configuration.

Going with Western Brown/Silver with a Canyon interior will allow the rest of the options (dash will have some tan on the outside top and lower half). Other than that, I don't see any conflicts or restrictions.

With all that said, I don't have the code guides with the diesel in hand and the planners may change their mind at a later date (for better or worse).
Thanks. I assume you are not using the interface on ramtrucks.com because that does not have Western Brown as an exterior color choice.

If I ignore exterior color for now, the closest I can get to my configuration is with the Laramie model. However, the Laramie does not offer On/Off-Road Tires as an option and has only black or beige seats (beige is too light for me).

The Outdoorsman does have the On/Off-Road Tires but does not have leather seats as an option and uses (ugh) black along the bottom of exterior 2-tone colors.

The Longhorn has the best interior but that model comes in only Crew Cab and does not offer 17-inch wheels.

Does the dealer use a similar interface or do they have more flexibility in choices?
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


Advertisement






All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:35 PM.


= Copyright RamForumZ.com a Gigathreads.com Network Site =Ad Management by RedTyger
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
vB.Sponsors


=Gigathreads Network=
CLUBS MOPAR NATION DSM GPMM MAMM JAM
DIESEL Diesel Forum      
CHEVY Chevy Camaro Forum Chevy Volt Forum    
CHRYSLER Chrysler 300C Forum      
DODGE Dodge Avenger Forum Dodge Caliber Forum Dodge Challenger Forum Dodge Charger Forum
  Dodge Circuit Forum Dodge Hornet Forum Dodge Magnum Forum Dodge Nitro Forum
  Dodge Ram Forum Dodge Dakota Forum Dodge Durango Forum Dodge Dart Forum
FORD Ford Raptor Forum Ford F150 Forum Ford F100 Forum  
JEEP Jeep Forum      
PONTIAC Pontiac G8 Forum      
SRT SRT Viper Forum SRT Cuda Forum