DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - General Discussion > 2012 Dodge Ram Forum

Notices

2012 Dodge Ram Forum For specific discussion of the 2012 Dodge Ram!

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
FGT Motorsport
Bayou Goat Mounts
Mopar Online Parts!

View Poll Results: What should I do for exhaust and add on lights
Exhaust Magnaflow 57 74.03%
Exhaust Flowmaster 16 20.78%
HID round on bull bar 15 19.48%
Leave bull bar as is 19 24.68%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 77. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-06-2012, 04:08 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Junior Member

Vehicle: 2012
Trim Level: Longhorn 4X4
Color: White
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:10
winer01 is on a distinguished road
Default Here is my 2012 Longhorn want to update exhaust not sure to what.

Here is my RAM. 1 year old now and just shy of 20k, ya, I drive it everywhere. I have a simple K&N filter, run Amsoil, buy non e gas high oct 92 and get 16.5 city, 21.5 (av) highway, best was 24.3 just under 600 miles on 30 gals before I needed to stop for fuel. Runs like a beast and I now want it to sound like one. Looking to find the best exhaust that sounds good with all eight running but doesnt make me deaf in the cab. Seen a few on here but asked my dealership and they told me it would void my warranty.... Huh??? Its cat back right?? Dont understand but asking the forum. After exhaust will be some add on HID 6" for the bull bar out here in now mans land of OK and dear everywhere. Please let me know what you think of the truck. I waited for them to find a "white with chrome" Longhorn that took awhile, said they didnt make them without two tone. Ha, found one! Love OK bugs on chrome, they come right off!! What do you think of they HID idea, and the different exhaust. Had Flowmaster 40 on my 2003 Ford with 5.4 and sounded great! Ideas please.

ANYway, let me know what you think of this old retired AF vets truck. The story of getting it if you used to be a Ford fan is good that I will gladly share later. Hope you enjoy.

2012 Ram 1500 Longhorn 4x4.
Westin Bull bar, Backflip cover
Sponsored links
Old 11-06-2012, 04:22 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member

Vehicle: 2012 Ram 1500 4x4 Hemi
Trim Level: SXT
Color: Black
Rep:172
4x4Hemi has a spectacular aura about4x4Hemi has a spectacular aura about

great looking truck.

Id do a magnaflow cat back, you can get a magnaflow 16869 i believe it is that is prebent and everything that comes with a 22" muffler so its not loud but sounds pretty good. lots of guys also like the 18" muffler but it doesnt come with the kit

you could just swap out your muffler too that would work
Old 11-06-2012, 02:18 PM

Vehicle: 2012 Dodge Ram
Color: Mineral Grey
Rep:22
FromFordtoRAM is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by winer01 View Post
Here is my RAM. 1 year old now and just shy of 20k, ya, I drive it everywhere. I have a simple K&N filter, run Amsoil, buy non e gas high oct 92 and get 16.5 city, 21.5 (av) highway, best was 24.3 just under 600 miles on 30 gals before I needed to stop for fuel. Runs like a beast and I now want it to sound like one. Looking to find the best exhaust that sounds good with all eight running but doesnt make me deaf in the cab. Seen a few on here but asked my dealership and they told me it would void my warranty.... Huh??? Its cat back right?? Dont understand but asking the forum. After exhaust will be some add on HID 6" for the bull bar out here in now mans land of OK and dear everywhere. Please let me know what you think of the truck. I waited for them to find a "white with chrome" Longhorn that took awhile, said they didnt make them without two tone. Ha, found one! Love OK bugs on chrome, they come right off!! What do you think of they HID idea, and the different exhaust. Had Flowmaster 40 on my 2003 Ford with 5.4 and sounded great! Ideas please.

ANYway, let me know what you think of this old retired AF vets truck. The story of getting it if you used to be a Ford fan is good that I will gladly share later. Hope you enjoy.

2012 Ram 1500 Longhorn 4x4.
Westin Bull bar, Backflip cover
That is one good lookin truck!! I think you made an excellent decision in waiting for the solid white because it looks really good. Especially in the light you took the pic in! As for the exhaust voiding the warranty, that is nonsense! Only if you did the headers and I think that is even wrong. The only thing that that should void the warranty would be to mess with the O2 sensors in my opinion. I went with Flowmaster and love it, but most here like the mags because it's not a chambered muffler, which means it's a lot more free flowing. Good luck and again, NICE RIG!!
Old 11-06-2012, 04:24 PM

Thanks for the input, and would love to get more on both exhaust and lights. I was really worried I messed up not getting two tone but really love it. I work on a military base and love when they inspect the truck and are so shocked at the interior. "Dodge makes a truck like this?" I hear it all the time. Now there are a bunch in town. Mine is the only single tone one though. With my bug deflector they are not sure if it's a Dodge till they look close. I just laugh.
Old 11-07-2012, 12:11 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2014 RAM 1500
Trim Level: Express
Color: Bright Silver
Engine: 2013-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 395hp 410lb/ft
glitzbd is on a distinguished road
Default Magnaflow

Well if you're ever in OKC I've got an 18" Magnaflow and am frequently around Tinker (I live near there).

However I wish I had heard about the Dynomax VT muffler mentioned in this thread. it actually has a valve to ensure you get no drone on the highway. While I don't experience much, and in fact turning the radio up one click ensures I don't hear anything... it'd be nice to have a near stock cruising sound.

I've only heard the Corsa (Mopar) cat-back from a guy at my dealer, and man it sounds nice, but for the money I spent mine doesn't sound too bad (160 USD after it was all said and done) although I would like some 5" tips
Old 11-07-2012, 02:18 PM
Revel Performance

Vehicle: '15 Ram 1500 Longhorn EcoD
Trim Level: CC, 6'4", 3.92, LSD
Color: Granite Crystal
Rep:1804
fastNugly @ RP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ RP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ RP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ RP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ RP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ RP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ RP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ RP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ RP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ RP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ RP has a brilliant future

Amazing looking rig you got!
It surely doesn't look like it has 20K on it, so you are keeping it in tip top shape

click here ---> Got Factory Air Suspension? - Want to Lift or Lower? <---click here

Contact us via email at
sales@revelperformance.com

Old 11-07-2012, 02:20 PM
Revel Performance

Vehicle: '15 Ram 1500 Longhorn EcoD
Trim Level: CC, 6'4", 3.92, LSD
Color: Granite Crystal
Rep:1804
fastNugly @ RP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ RP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ RP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ RP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ RP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ RP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ RP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ RP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ RP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ RP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ RP has a brilliant future

I say leave Bull Bar as is....Im not a fan of the bull bar, but it works well on your truck.
If you are thinking about doing lighting and HIDs in them, have you considered behind the grill?

I too also recommend the magnaflow catback, that is what I have and love it

click here ---> Got Factory Air Suspension? - Want to Lift or Lower? <---click here

Contact us via email at
sales@revelperformance.com

Old 11-10-2012, 09:40 PM

Lights in the Grill? How would I go about that? Is there a light kit or is this a make your own thing? I think I like that Idea. Do you know of any one in the forum that has it?

I really like the sound on my old Ford of Flowmaster, but I here the Dodges come alive with magnaflow. I heard a challenger the other day with 18" system that sounded like a 70s Cuda. Loved it, but a little loud for an old man with sleeping grandkids in the back. I am a kid at heart though, and maybe.... Lol. I think I will look into the 22 kit. My local muffler guy wants me to pick my muffler and let him weld it instead of using a kit. He also wants me to do 2 3/4 all the way back with Flowmaster.. Anyone know if the magnaflow is 2.5 or 2.75?

Thanks for the posts.
Old 11-10-2012, 10:25 PM

Vehicle: 2014 Ram 1500
Trim Level: Express RC
Color: Black Express Package
Engine: 2013-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 395hp 410lb/ft
Rep:67
RyanJM will become famous soon enough

I can't see why a cat back exhaust would void any warranty. May want to ask another dealer I have never heard of that. Especially now a days when many dealers install cat backs on mustangs , camaros, and challengers. I like the magnaflow myself. As far as the lights on the bull bar go, if you.live.somewhere you need them I.would get them. I have though about getting some myself for road trips to places without street lights since even with the hids the backroads are dark.

2014 Black Express, 4.5" Maxtrac lift, Ballistic Razorback's 20x9, 35x12.5 Federal Cougaria MT's, DeeZee tailgate assist, K&N drop in filter, magnaflow 16" welded in, Diablo Trinity, 20% tint on the front and 5% on the rear glass, AVS Smoked Aeroskin, HID 3000k fogs, 6000k HID's in the projectors.
Old 11-11-2012, 07:14 PM

Vehicle: 2012 Ram Hemi Regular Cab
Trim Level: ST
Color: Mineral Gray
Rep:277
GrayhemiST is a jewel in the roughGrayhemiST is a jewel in the roughGrayhemiST is a jewel in the rough

I put a 14 inch magnaflow on my '12 hemi in May and love it! Kept the stock tailpipes and resinators and it sounds great.....if the resinators are eliminated, it has a very agressive sound and drone....too old for that now.......plus it has a lifetime warranty. I was told FM has a better sound, but dont flow as well in the hemi's. I did alot of research before i made my decision.....glad I did.