DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - General Discussion > 2014 Dodge Ram Forum

Notices

2014 Dodge Ram Forum For specific discussion of the 2014 Dodge Ram!

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
United Radio
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 02-10-2014, 11:43 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2013 Ram 1500 4x4
Trim Level: Laramie Longhorn
Color: Black Gold / White Gold
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:264
Explorer Rob is a jewel in the roughExplorer Rob is a jewel in the roughExplorer Rob is a jewel in the rough

They should both tilt, the driver's side more than the passenger side though. If I watch my passenger side mirror when I put it in reverse it dips a little.
Sponsored links
Old 02-12-2014, 07:06 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Junior Member

Vehicle: 2013 Ram 1500 Laramie CC
Trim Level: Laramie
Color: Black
Rep:10
Pit.Stop is on a distinguished road

Just brought the truck in for this complaint. Driver's side tilts but not the passenger.
Service writer is saying I need a new gyro and and a new computer. He placed the order and should be in end of the week.

So, I said I will return the truck when the parts come in. Now the passenger mirror doesn't even work and the check engine light is on. LOL.

I will update after I bring it in again on Saturday.
Old 02-17-2014, 11:40 PM

Vehicle: 2014 Ram 1500 Laramie 4x4
Color: Bright White exterior, brown/beige interior
efd12953 is on a distinguished road
Default Limited tilt of passenger side view mirror issue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pit.Stop View Post
Just brought the truck in for this complaint. Driver's side tilts but not the passenger.
Service writer is saying I need a new gyro and and a new computer. He placed the order and should be in end of the week.

So, I said I will return the truck when the parts come in. Now the passenger mirror doesn't even work and the check engine light is on. LOL.

I will update after I bring it in again on Saturday.

Pit.Stop, I'm very interested in hearing if you are able to get this resolved. It's an issue I've been checking on and not making any headway. Dealer didn't even know it had this feature and told me they checked another new 2014 and passenger mirror only moved a little as with mine. My truck has towing mirrors and this other truck has regular mirrors so doesn't look like it's a mirror-type issue. I've had other vehicles with this feature and both mirrors tilt about the same - about like the driver side on the Ram. I really need the tilt on the passenger side for parking in my garage as I have to back in and need to track along the edge of the driveway as my mirror approached the garage opening where I have to then curve into the garage and end up only an inch or two from the wall so there's adequate room between my truck and my wife's car. Oh, did I mention I have to basically back to the wall to make it fit. Lots of fun.
Old 02-23-2014, 09:57 AM

Update. So I originally brought in my truck on 02/12 to complain of this. I also had a "i owe you" for an factory remote start. Dealer F*****d up and installed an aftermarket remote start. So I told them to fix it. That is another story in itself.

Back to to the mirror. The dealer says the mirror is fixed. Only to find that now nothing in the mirror works. Mirror doesn't move in any direction, it does not fold, nor does the puddle light work. It looks as if they unplugged the door module.
I refused delivery and demanded a rental.

Well, on friday, the service manager calls and says my truck is ready. I get off work early to pick up. I take the mirror through all the movements. Then put it in reverse...nothing.
It is just as I originally dropped it off on 02/12. I said give me my rental back. So I go back on Saturday and the service guy says my mirror is on the UPS truck and should be here that day.

Then something clicked in my head and I asked. Wait a minute, my mirror is on order and supposed to come in today? I asked the service guy why did the service manager call me to pick up when my mirror was on order?
Of course the mirror did not come in on Saturday (yesterday. 02/22). I am still with the rental car.

Short story. No my mirror issue is still not resolved! It has been at the dealer since 02/12. I am not a happy camper. I refused delivery because they keep saying it was fixed and to bring it back another day. I refused because I know once I leave with my truck they will not fix it.

Hoepfully I will have an update next week.
Old 02-23-2014, 09:01 PM

Vehicle: 2014 Dodge Ram
Trim Level: Sport
Color: Fire Red
Rep:12
RaymondT is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by country-boy View Post
FWIW, I have the auto-tilt on my Laramie, and I was really looking forward to it. In the end, I shut off the feature. In some cases, it's very useful - but in other cases it's not. When I back into the garage, I found myself leaning way down so I could see up to the sides of the garage doors instead of the doors.

Just trying to make you feel a little better if you don't have it.
I had the same option in my Sierra Denali. Pretty much a useless option that I never used. Like the Ram, there was no provision to adjust the stopping point. You'd think the engineers would have caught this.
Old 02-23-2014, 11:24 PM

Vehicle: 2014 Ram 1500
rgardjr is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaymondT View Post
I had the same option in my Sierra Denali. Pretty much a useless option that I never used. Like the Ram, there was no provision to adjust the stopping point. You'd think the engineers would have caught this.
My 2003 Sierra Denali lets me adjust the reverse tilt of the mirrors. I have a tight garage so it was a nice feature to have backing out.
Old 02-24-2014, 07:07 PM

Update Monday 02/24. Went to pick up from dealer. They replaced the door module and mirror assembly. All is well now.
Old 07-18-2014, 12:14 AM

Vehicle: 2014 Ram 1500 4x4
Trim Level: Laramie long bed CC
Color: White/Silver
Engine: 2013-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 395hp 410lb/ft
Rep:18
VectorZ is on a distinguished road

Bumping this older thread. Today I washed my truck at home with my pressure washer and dried it with a special high power air vac (http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=221479049495) when I started my truck to move it into the garage the driver's side mirror was going crazy! It was going up and down very quickly and would not stop, even after I shut the truck off and got out. I started it again and it continued. I got back out of the truck and physically pushed the mirror around and then it stopped. I got back in again and put it into reverse and then it started going crazy again! Anybody else have this issue? Not sure what to do now..?