DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Mod Zone - Custom Dodge Ram Mods - Dodge Ram Performance > Custom Dodge Ram Performance Mods - Engine - 5.7 HEMI V8

Notices

Custom Dodge Ram Performance Mods - Engine - 5.7 HEMI V8 Discuss modifying your Dodge Ram with Performance Parts and Accessories!
Factory Spec: 5.7-liter HEMI® V8 engine - 390 horsepower, 407 lb-ft of torque.

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 09-24-2013, 07:45 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT8
Rep:3872
Grubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond repute

This Linda girl isn't the sharpest crayon in the packet.....

Grub out!
Sponsored links
Old 09-24-2013, 08:07 PM

Vehicle: .
Rep:4362
Asur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond repute

OK everyone check this out, after spending hours on the phone with Bully dog and telling them that they would be shooting themselves in the foot for implementing this new policy, this is the email I got tonight.

Hey Al,

Good news!

Transfer unlock fee is now known as void to switch applications. The Gt for Hemi will be transferable between trucks from today on. If you could do me a personal favor please spread the good news throughout the forums. I have always felt customer service is our best aspect and hope this proves we are committed to keeping a happy customer base :-)

Thanks and have a good night!

Bully Dog Technical Support

So everything is back to normal, and you can now move the BD Hemi GT+ from one vehicle to another. Hope this helps.
Old 09-24-2013, 08:21 PM

Vehicle: 2013
Trim Level: Express
Color: Black
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:116
jerseymike will become famous soon enoughjerseymike will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asur View Post
OK everyone check this out, after spending hours on the phone with Bully dog and telling them that they would be shooting themselves in the foot for implementing this new policy, this is the email I got tonight.

Hey Al,

Good news!

Transfer unlock fee is now known as void to switch applications. The Gt for Hemi will be transferable between trucks from today on. If you could do me a personal favor please spread the good news throughout the forums. I have always felt customer service is our best aspect and hope this proves we are committed to keeping a happy customer base :-)

Thanks and have a good night!

Bully Dog Technical Support

So everything is back to normal, and you can now move the BD Hemi GT+ from one vehicle to another. Hope this helps.

Good Job!! Score one for the average Joe.
Old 09-24-2013, 08:26 PM

Vehicle: .
Rep:4362
Asur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseymike View Post
Good Job!! Score one for the average Joe.
Lmao, when i seen the email I was like "Yaaaaaaaaaaaaa, they changed there policy cause we said no!!!!!" cool, and on the other hand, cool on them, they realized it was not a good idea and resinded the policy, even if I was not affected directly cause my tuner did not have the VIN H thing, its cool they moved in that direction and have given there customers what they deserve.
Old 09-24-2013, 08:59 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2012 Ram 1500
Trim Level: Big Horn
Color: White
Rep:39
Mozeby is on a distinguished road

Hey just like a bad '80s sitcom. The fat old rich guys give in to the poor brats that embarrass them. Just need a bucket of water over a door to land on someones head.
Old 09-24-2013, 09:00 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2012 Ram 1500
Color: White
Rep:39
Mozeby is on a distinguished road

Now watch, I'll buy one and my engine explodes.
Old 09-24-2013, 09:06 PM

Vehicle: 2013 1500 SLT Big Horn 4x4
Color: Black Gold
Rep:177
Whiplash has a spectacular aura aboutWhiplash has a spectacular aura about

guess i can change my sig now

nice work gentlemen!!!
Old 09-24-2013, 09:38 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2013 Ram
Trim Level: SLT
Color: Black Baby
Rep:172
Yotaconvert has a spectacular aura aboutYotaconvert has a spectacular aura about

Everything is not back to normal I want my 250$ back
-Flowmaster 40
-Bullydog Hemi GT
-MB Rims (cuz im cheap lol)
Old 09-24-2013, 09:49 PM

Vehicle: 2013 1500 SLT Big Horn 4x4
Color: Black Gold
Rep:177
Whiplash has a spectacular aura aboutWhiplash has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yotaconvert View Post
Today I was told that there is no transfer fee but you have to call in to have the vin H removed...This is direct from Linda Kershaw now......

So I asked here then WHY was I charged this fee just last week....awaiting an answer.
here's hoping, don't see why you shouldn't get your $ back since you paid for something that is apparently a non-issue
Old 09-24-2013, 11:23 PM

Vehicle: Ram 1500 Sport Crew
Trim Level: Sport
Color: Black
Rep:95
mrpositraction will become famous soon enough

I wrote this3:00pm CST)

Hey (name removed), thanks for calling me back.

I just traded in my Ram. I returned it to stock and have pictures to show all the screens that say it is "uninstalled"

I am now being told that some 2012+ models and the Bully Dog tuner will need to have Bully Dog "hack" to release the tuner from the vehicle before it can be used on another vehicle. Was calling to see what we can do about this. When I bought, like any other tuner, it said once you uninstall it from a vehicle you can use it on another. I am contacting you to see what we can do about this. I am very unhappy that I bought this bully dog (have bought others and have had no problem) and now I can't sell it without paying $250.

What is the deal? How can Bully Dog get away with this?

Anyways, what I requested from Linda Kershaw (who hasn't responded to me since then) is that Bully Dog either unlock this tuner so it can be used on other vehicles or buy it back from me. The instruction, website and technical help that I asked for help said it could be used on other vehicles as long as it is returned to stock/un-installed, now that is not the case.

I was told this: (3:55pm CST)

Hey Greg,
Sorry about the problem you’re having. Unfortunately, there isn’t much I can do. Policy wise, this is way over my head.
With the newer Hemi’s we had to break into them in a very specific way, and because of the way we hack in, a competitor could quite easily figure out how we’re doing it through multiple transfers and downloads.
It’s a pretty new policy that only applies to a few specific vehicles. It hasn’t been purposely avoided on our website, and papers, it’s just pretty new and so it hasn’t been to verbal yet. I know Linda was talking to the engineer about this earlier today, so maybe wait a bit to see if she gets back to you.
If not, let me know and I’ll try to get something done. No promises, cause as I said it’s way above me, but I will try.
Thanks

Then, not 3 minutes later this3:58pm CST)

Greg,
WAIT.
I had talked to the engineer earlier today about it and he said he was going to talk to one of the owners, and he just got back with me.
They’re removing the transfer fee, altogether.
Just call in and it can get unlocked for free. If you call in today the techs might not be informed yet, so just tell them I told you it was just removed and that they should go ask someone about it.
Sorry to give you a stressful situation, but it’s gone now! Enjoy your tuner!
Thanks

GREAT NEWS! Good job everyone for bringing this up. I would be pissed if I bought a tuner and had to pay to use it (a second time) and would have felt awful having sold a tuner that someone had to "unlock" after I "uninstalled" it.

This is a good forum!

Last edited by mrpositraction; 09-24-2013 at 11:25 PM.