DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - General Discussion > 2013 Dodge Ram Forum

Notices

2013 Dodge Ram Forum For specific discussion of the 2013 Dodge Ram!

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
United Radio
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 02-21-2014, 09:01 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2013 Dodge Ram 1500
Trim Level: ST
Color: Silver
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:10
Fliehigh is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by rroberts6969 View Post
I see under some circumstances you can add remote start and it runs 249.00 does anyone know if you also have to purchase new remotes or can the old ones be used for a 2013. I forgot to order with new truck.
I am good friends with the shop foreman at my local dealer and he told me that if I ever lost one of my remotes to get them to install the remote start. He said it includes 2 new fobs that they will program and it cost about $5 more to have this done (Pats and Labor) then it would to buy one remote and have it programmed.
Sponsored links
Old 02-22-2014, 05:26 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2013 Dodge Ram
Trim Level: Big Horn
Color: Red
Engine: 2013-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 395hp 410lb/ft
Rep:33
RedRam5.7 is on a distinguished road

I bought my truck without remote start. I had the dealer order and install it for me and it came with 2 brand new key fobs.
Old 02-23-2014, 02:42 AM

Vehicle: 2013 Dodge Ram Sport
Trim Level: Sport
Color: Black
Rep:19
rinnels69 is on a distinguished road

Get the d-ball. Had one on my 2010 Ram....$100 and took about 5 min to install...CRAZY simple !!!!! And worked like a charm---just hit the lock button 3 times and varrooom. Loved it !!!!
Old 02-25-2014, 12:05 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Junior Member

Vehicle: 2013 Ram 1500 Laramie CC
Trim Level: Laramie
Pit.Stop is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by johngus View Post
make it easy for yourself,get the d ball .easy install and works perfect
Where can I get more specific info on this?
The dealer installed aftermarket remote start does not work properly. They used my factory remotes. It starts when you hit the lock button 3 times. But they are unable to have it shut off.
Old 02-25-2014, 10:11 PM

So, I went to pick up my truck today with the aftermarket unknown remote starter. They sent it back to the vendor that originally installed it to "fix" it.
It starts, but still will not shut off. Also, now I have check engine light.
Dealer says they will have to look at it tomorrow. Needless to say, I am not happy with this.

Now I am thinking the 2013 Laramie with the keyless and go system is not aftermarket remote starter friendly.
Has anyone with the keyless entry have success in an aftermarket starter installed?
Old 02-27-2014, 08:02 PM

So, since the dealer owed me a remote start when I bought the truck they tried the "factory" remote. But since I have keyless entry, proximity sensor and air suspension they were not able to install the factory one.

They installed an aftermarket one, and it kept tripping the check engine light. Days later they tried a second aftermarket system. I went to pick up today, and guess what? Check engine light again.

They contacted the vendor that installed it and they say they will try another one this Saturday. I requested a Viper, but they said they don't make one for my truck. Not sure what brand they will try this time, but I think they said "code alarm". I guess I'll have to wait till Saturday to find out.

BTW, The dealer has my truck for 12 days so far. I refused to take it back until they give me what I paid for, even though I am not getting the factory one, I still want the remote start. They are currently paying for my rental car. (Dodge Journey).
Old 03-14-2014, 06:30 PM

Vehicle: 2013 Ram 1500 Black Edition
Trim Level: Tradesman/Express
Color: All Black
Rep:70
MurderedOne87 will become famous soon enough

WOw this sucks Bro... Whats the update? What brand did they finally install
?
?
?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pit.Stop View Post
So, since the dealer owed me a remote start when I bought the truck they tried the "factory" remote. But since I have keyless entry, proximity sensor and air suspension they were not able to install the factory one.

They installed an aftermarket one, and it kept tripping the check engine light. Days later they tried a second aftermarket system. I went to pick up today, and guess what? Check engine light again.

They contacted the vendor that installed it and they say they will try another one this Saturday. I requested a Viper, but they said they don't make one for my truck. Not sure what brand they will try this time, but I think they said "code alarm". I guess I'll have to wait till Saturday to find out.

BTW, The dealer has my truck for 12 days so far. I refused to take it back until they give me what I paid for, even though I am not getting the factory one, I still want the remote start. They are currently paying for my rental car. (Dodge Journey).
Old 03-15-2014, 03:25 PM

Vehicle: 2014 Ram 1500
Trim Level: Express RC
Color: Black Express Package
Engine: 2013-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 395hp 410lb/ft
Rep:62
RyanJM will become famous soon enough

I have the dball on my 13 you have to actually make a couple connections and program it yourself where the old ones came preprogrammed. Cost me $150 for the dball2 plus lx loader to program it and the new t harness which is a lot bigger than the 12 and older trucks but it works as good as the factory start on my 09. I mean the range is obviously only as good as the factory remote. It also allows you to program it to turn other ACc on. Most of which like heated seats I don't have but for anyone who does make sure you get everything you want the 1st time you program it to save trouble. Also the sign in code they have me only last 20 days so you have to either make sure you install it after you get it. Was definitely worth the money.

2014 Black Express, 4.5" Maxtrac lift, Ballistic Razorback's 20x9, 35x12.5 Federal Cougaria MT's, DeeZee tailgate assist, K&N drop in filter, magnaflow 16" welded in, Diablo Trinity, 20% tint on the front and 5% on the rear glass, AVS Smoked Aeroskin, HID 3000k fogs, 6000k HID's in the projectors.
Old 03-15-2014, 09:28 PM

Vehicle: 2013 Ram 1500 Black Edition
Trim Level: Tradesman/Express
Color: All Black
Rep:70
MurderedOne87 will become famous soon enough

where did you purchase it at. I just got a quote for $169 for the T harness d ball 2 and activation code...

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanJM View Post
I have the dball on my 13 you have to actually make a couple connections and program it yourself where the old ones came preprogrammed. Cost me $150 for the dball2 plus lx loader to program it and the new t harness which is a lot bigger than the 12 and older trucks but it works as good as the factory start on my 09. I mean the range is obviously only as good as the factory remote. It also allows you to program it to turn other ACc on. Most of which like heated seats I don't have but for anyone who does make sure you get everything you want the 1st time you program it to save trouble. Also the sign in code they have me only last 20 days so you have to either make sure you install it after you get it. Was definitely worth the money.