DODGE RAM FORUM banner

MAXLUX Hid kit

3K views 15 replies 8 participants last post by  abissus 
#1 ·
MAXLUX HID Conversion Kit H11/H8 6000K (Diamond White) link is at the end of the post:

Ordered from Amazon for a 2013 Express. Shipped extremely quickly and came with everything required to convert the low beams over to HID. Previous reviews had been good and it certainly lived up to my expectations. Ballasts are Canbus error eliminating, wiring is plug and play and even includes a pair of polarity reversing splices if required. No hyper flashing, no flickering, no error codes thrown, lights work perfectly on auto and manually turning the light switch.

Aside from the 10mm sockets required to remove the grill and head light housings, the only tool you will need is a 24mm or 1" hole saw. You'll need to drill a hole in the back of the twist off bulb cover, insert the wiring and then seal it back up with the supplied grommet. Total install time about 45 minutes.

Will be ordering the same kit in 9006 bulbs for the fog lamps later this week. Also looking at picking a kit up for the wife's Caliber too. Extremely happy with the product and more than happy with being able to actually see with the lights. Price is also very reasonable compared to elsewhere and they also come with a 3 year warranty. Pictures below:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B002JJS3U4/ref=oh_details_o02_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

See less See more
#6 ·
For true plug and pray there are two ways to get there....
1. Is get "Canbus" ballasts. These are wired specifically to handle the feedback loop that gives you flickering.
2. Get anti-flicker modules if using standard ballasts.

Either method will work. If you are running 55 watt bulbs and ballasts I still recommend going with a separate wiring harness and doing it through relays with the battery being the main power source.

#10 ·
Guess I should update my experience with this now.

Based on this thread, I to went with the Maxlux HID system from Amazon, bought lows and fogs at the same time. 2 days later it all shows up, super fast from FLA to WIS.

Started with the fogs cause mostly they are the truest plug and play, and they were. Easy install.

Got to the dreaded taking the front end apart to get the lows done, took my time with doing the first light, passenger side cause I didn't want to mess it up. Made sure everything was right, tested, and it worked. Awesome. Put the passenger side all back in, get to the driver side.

Took everything out and drilled the whole in the cover, took the light to put in, it's the wrong type bulb!!!!! They somehow packaged a 9006 in a box for H11. So shoot Maxlux an email saying what's up, they say they'll send a replacement out right away, 2-3 days again. Temporarily put the truck back together to wait.

A WEEK later and still no replacement bulb. Write another email, they say they apologize and send it out again right away, 2-3 days till it gets here.

So I'm now over a week and a half that I haven't driven my truck cause the front end is all hand tightened screwed together and not having 1 headlight. What I thought was gonna be an easy process has turned almost into a clusterfu__, and now having to push back scheduling getting a spray in bed liner as well.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.